Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your Top 3 Favorite Coaches & Why « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#15 : June 28, 2009, 02:03:55 PM

Paul Brown - built great teams
Bud Grant - hardcase - no nonsense guy - and his teams always seemed to come though (well not the SB)
Tom Laundry - just wow -
Chuck Knoll - great owners gave a great coach time to build the best teams I have ever seen
Don Shula - See above

couldn't get down to three. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#16 : June 28, 2009, 02:05:42 PM

Lombardi
Walsh
Parcells.

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#17 : June 28, 2009, 04:58:41 PM

1. Bill Walsh - A legendary coach. Nuff said. RIP
2. Tony Dungy - One of the best coaches ever... and he did great things for Tampa.
3. John Gruden - Great coach. An interesting character... and also did great things for Tampa.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#18 : June 28, 2009, 05:16:12 PM

Gruden-because he's not Raheem Morris
Gruden-because he's the new age Ditka.
Gruden-because he doesn't need an h to spell his first name. 

::)

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#19 : June 28, 2009, 05:22:21 PM

Gruden-obvious
Vermeil-Philly Super Bowl loss
Lombari-Obvious

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#20 : June 28, 2009, 05:29:20 PM

Weeb Eubanks He took the Jets to the promised land and beat the NFL made the super bowl the game it is today
John Gruden Super Bowl
Dungy / McKay took us close but couldn't quite get us there

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#21 : June 28, 2009, 05:40:33 PM

1. Jon Gruden- I just remember how I felt when he hoisted sticky Lombardi and said "You ain't seen nothing yet Tampa" He was wrong... but it gave me goosebumps non the less.
2. Tony Dungy- He changed the face of the Buccaneers, and let buc fans feel a sense of pride for once.
3. John Madden-I dont think anyone loved the game more than that man.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#22 : June 28, 2009, 07:49:59 PM

1) Tony Dungy- (a) For proving that you don't have to sacrifice what you believe in to be a successful. (b) Turning the Bucs into a respectable franchise. (c) Giving me an example (outside my home) for my kids to look up to. (And yes I believe he should have been fired, when he was fired.

1a) Getting us over the hump. (And yes, I believe he too should have been fired, when he was fired.)

2) Mike Tomlin- Fiery passion, swagger, and ability to motivate. (Winning a championship doesn't hurt either!) ;)

3) Raheem Morris- Because of his enthusiam, fresh approach, and potential!

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#23 : June 28, 2009, 08:13:47 PM

Bill Parcells - I loved watching that guy give media members hell when they asked him stupid questions.
Mike Ditka - Traded an entire draft and a future 1st rounder for a RB, what's not to like?
Josh McDaniels - Two of his best players want/ed to be traded.  The guy is headed for greatness.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#24 : June 28, 2009, 08:16:37 PM

Lombardi
Gruden
Walsh

jcdoll

Starter

#25 : June 28, 2009, 08:21:06 PM

Gruden
Gruden
Dungy

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#26 : June 28, 2009, 08:44:07 PM

If were talking Buccaneers coaches the following and the reasoning behind it.

1. John McKay
2. Tony Dungy
3. Jon Gruden

Honorable mention would be Sam Wyche as he was the coach who drafted John Lynch, Warren Sapp, Derrick Brooks and brought Hardy Nickerson to town the true builder of the defense.

If we are talking in general overall
1. Paul Brown the real genius behind the west coast offense as the innovator later refined by Bill Walsh
2. Tom Landy the master mind behind the 4-3 defense
3. Bill Belichick modern day master in the salary cap era

Strictly defensive coordinators
**CENSORED** LeBeau blitzburgh
Fritz Shurmur 49ers / packers
Monte Kiffin Tampa 2

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#27 : June 28, 2009, 08:50:57 PM

If I was to ask the best overall defensive Coach it would have to be Buddy Ryan...His defenses would kill a team...OBD

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#28 : June 28, 2009, 09:06:32 PM

If I was to ask the best overall defensive Coach it would have to be Buddy Ryan...His defenses would kill a team...OBD

Agree.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#29 : June 28, 2009, 09:23:02 PM

Lombardi - Won 5 NFL titles in 7 years, including 3 in a row and the 1st 2 Super Bowls. Will never be duplicated, IMO. Great, great motivator.
   Shula - Brilliant coach, strategist, and talent evaluator. As coach Bum Phillips (Wade's dad) once said about him, "He can taken his team and beat yours, then turn around and take your team and beat his".
   Chuckie - For bringing that Lombardi Trophy here when Dungy couldn't.

Honorable mention - Parcells - He beat some of the top franchises of the time during his playoff runs. 
                                  Ewbanks - Won the first AFL Super Bowl. Solid coach who put together a great game plan that frustrated Shula's very good Colts team and eventually beat them. Probably the greatest upset of all time.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your Top 3 Favorite Coaches & Why « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools