Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Manny Ramirez suspended 50 games « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#45 : June 01, 2009, 02:04:09 PM

I find the voting amusing. But I hope he stays out even if voted in. It would make a better statement about his character if he was contrite enough to decline..

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#46 : June 01, 2009, 02:07:33 PM

It's pretty obvious he should decline (for various reasons) if the fans are stupid enough to vote him in.  Manny has missed the All-Star game before because of "injuries," so I'm not sure it would say much about his character to miss this year as well.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#47 : June 01, 2009, 02:10:38 PM

Considering the circumstances, with his character already being questioned since the Boston debacle, declining in spite of the vote results would serve to halt any further damage.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#48 : June 29, 2009, 06:29:00 PM

Not really shocking news, but this really cripples the Dodgers playoff hopes.

Its 50 games, a lot can happen in those games. Yes its  a long season and they will probably still make the playoffs. But they wont have the #1 seed anymore.

Manny returns to the Majors on Friday, and not only do the Dodgers still have the lead in the NL West by 7 games and still have the number 1 seed in the National League by 7 games, they also have the best record in Major League Baseball by 1.5 games.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#49 : June 29, 2009, 06:40:32 PM

Manny returns to the Majors on Friday, and not only do the Dodgers still have the lead in the NL West by 7 games and still have the number 1 seed in the National League by 7 games, they also have the best record in Major League Baseball by 1.5 games.

Alot of that had to do with Juan Pierre hitting out of his mind since Manny left, but he's come back down to earth in a big way since June started, batting just .258 this month. Manny's return comes just in time for LA, as ther bats have been largely inconsistent in the last two weeks, as illustrated in them losing two series in a row for the first time all year this past week..

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#50 : June 29, 2009, 08:17:03 PM

Manny is by far my least favorite player in MLB, thank god I don't have to root for him.  I don't care how good he is, I could never root for that girl-haired freak.

I hope he gets caught with the roids again, soon.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#51 : June 29, 2009, 08:47:50 PM

Manny is by far my least favorite player in MLB, thank god I don't have to root for him. I don't care how good he is, I could never root for that girl-haired freak.

I hope he lights up Brewer pitching next week...   ;D

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#52 : June 29, 2009, 09:28:00 PM

Manny is by far my least favorite player in MLB, thank god I don't have to root for him. I don't care how good he is, I could never root for that girl-haired freak.

I hope he lights up Brewer pitching next week...  ;D

I hope he takes a fastball in the groin, sitting him down for another 50 games, AT LEAST!

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#53 : June 29, 2009, 09:37:27 PM

I hope he lights up Brewer pitching next week... ;D

I hope he takes a fastball in the groin, sitting him down for another 50 games, AT LEAST!

I hope the pitcher that hits him gets one back upside the head when he comes to the plate...

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#54 : June 29, 2009, 09:41:29 PM

I hope the pitcher that hits him gets one back upside the head when he comes to the plate...

lol

Then, I hope that the pitcher who hits our pitcher, who hit Girl-Hair, falls down on the dugout step and blows an ACL...

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#55 : June 29, 2009, 09:52:47 PM

lol

Then, I hope that the pitcher who hits our pitcher, who hit Girl-Hair, falls down on the dugout step and blows an ACL...

I hope it's Cory Wade, and he picks up a bat in frustration, takes a swing at your favorite sausage and breaks its leg...

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#56 : June 29, 2009, 10:13:42 PM

lol

I hope it's Cory Wade, and he picks up a bat in frustration, takes a swing at your favorite sausage and breaks its leg...

Nobody takes a swing at the Italian sausage, he knows people, that would be a mistake on Cory Wades part...

capice?

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Manny Ramirez suspended 50 games « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools