Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Derrick Brooks WILL BE SIGNING with Saints or Colts in JULY « previous next »
Page: 1 2

VTBucs

Second String
#15 : June 29, 2009, 04:51:32 PM

Sometimes when people play with a chip on their shoulder...they leap tall buildings with a single bound. With all of his life's achievements in evidence, I would not write DB off as finished and/or ineffective should he sign with another team. I have too much respect for the man.

He may play with a chip on his shoulder but he can never get back the couple of steps he's lost due to age.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#16 : June 29, 2009, 04:55:44 PM

Sometimes when people play with a chip on their shoulder...they leap tall buildings with a single bound. With all of his life's achievements in evidence, I would not write DB off as finished and/or ineffective should he sign with another team. I have too much respect for the man.

He may play with a chip on his shoulder but he can never get back the couple of steps he's lost due to age.

Run slowly, carry a big cane.

hoodsbucs

Pro Bowler
#17 : June 29, 2009, 05:28:28 PM

By August 23rd I will have reached puberty

thanson

Starter

#18 : June 29, 2009, 06:20:12 PM

No way, he will never sign with another team.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#19 : June 29, 2009, 07:05:20 PM

In his prime, Brooks' game was based on speed..... something he no longer has regardless of how big the chip on his shoulder is. Dude is done.

Derrick, thanx and goodnight.

-------------------------------------------------------

gousfbulls

Starter

#20 : June 29, 2009, 07:44:57 PM

Enlighten me in regards to all of his life achievements........Are you referring to his football life, or what he's done in real life?

Would you compare him to Warrick Dunn and his career long committement to those in need of a home?

What has Brooks given back to this community?

Brooks/DeBartolo Collegiate High School, for starters. I believe that school is sending a bunch of underprivileged kids to college...didn't D. Brooks also always take groups of kids traveling, on safari's, etc. ?

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler
#21 : June 29, 2009, 07:51:12 PM

I would hope he doesnt sign with the Saints as I love what DB was and hate the Saints.  Would not want to hate DB.

duanet75

Pro Bowler
#22 : June 29, 2009, 08:20:13 PM

I hope to god he doesn't sign with another team. It would be a sad sad day.

Agreed

thanson

Starter

#23 : June 29, 2009, 08:36:57 PM

He will never play for a different team

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#24 : June 29, 2009, 11:40:42 PM

Wow, so much hate for THE BEST Buccaneer of All-Time???  Where was all the hate when Alstott was done yet was kept on the team???  Derrick may have lost a step but he is still a better option than Flip, and who knows what Black will give us.  Still amazes me we get rid of Derrick yet we keep an overrated, over the hill Ronde Barber??

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#25 : June 29, 2009, 11:42:35 PM

Brooks is the man.  Nobody hates DB.  Period.

Philosophy on him is different however...

HughC

Pro Bowler

#26 : June 30, 2009, 12:19:12 AM

Change the thread title.
Agreed.

This should be part of a primer in a "what not to do" that is required reading for all forum members before they are allowed to start a thread.

In my opinion there are far too many predictions, rumors and opinions being reported, or at least implied as facts - especially in thread titles.

king_frog

Hall of Famer
#27 : June 30, 2009, 07:20:43 AM

DB, I wish that you would hang it up now and go out with grace and style. Oh I almost forgot the new regime did not allow you to go out on your own terms with grace and style..
But DB just quit now and leave us with many, many fond memories and great years !!! You are a lock for the HOF.. Go and work on your many charities...
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Derrick Brooks WILL BE SIGNING with Saints or Colts in JULY « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools