Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: KOOL HAND LUKE « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

: July 04, 2009, 09:26:45 AM

sparkplug1,

~  i'm mclovin' mcclown ~

littlericky

Starter
#1 : June 30, 2009, 10:51:41 PM

I know this is a touchy subject but I was doing some research on Luke Mccown as a rookie he played in five games had 8 passes for more than 20 yards and 4 passes 40 yards  and im going to compare him to Jay Cutler as a rookie he played 5 games and had 10 passes for more than 20 yards and 2 passes for more than 40 yard. They bothe had about the same passer rating the only difference was Jay Cutler had 9 tds and luke had 4tds. Now when Luke had some more expereince he had in five games 11 20 yard passes and 3 40 yard passes for 5 td and 3 ints. and a 91.7 passer rating.   My point is where he might not have always looked good if Gruden would have let him play go throught some learning curves could he have been that gun slinger last year. With a whole training camp under his belt and also learning behind Jeff and Brain I'm pretty excited about Luke Mccown I think he will get his timing down with his receivers and he want make as many stupid misstakes like he did agints houston.

JoshJohnson11

Hall of Famer

#2 : June 30, 2009, 11:58:22 PM

I agree with you on some levels but disagree on others I do see Luke as a gunslinger type QB but I don't see him being anything like Cutler.

Please leave your message after the beep.BEEP!!!

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#3 : June 30, 2009, 11:59:31 PM

1-6 in his career as a starter.

JoshJohnson11

Hall of Famer

#4 : July 01, 2009, 12:01:21 AM

Good point but I think we should look at his last start where he looked really good going for 400 some yards and 2 or 3 Touchdowns maybe he's just starting to get it down as a starter.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#5 : July 01, 2009, 12:02:30 AM

Haven't we discussed this before at least beforemillion times?

JoshJohnson11

Hall of Famer

#6 : July 01, 2009, 12:03:27 AM

Lighten up man is it past you bedtime?

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#7 : July 01, 2009, 12:04:30 AM

Good point but I think we should look at his last start where he looked really good going for 400 some yards and 2 or 3 Touchdowns maybe he's just starting to get it down as a starter.

it was against the panthers. They weren't good that year.

JoshJohnson11

Hall of Famer

#8 : July 01, 2009, 12:08:03 AM

it was against the saints. not really a defensive squad.
But still give him some credit the Saints are always a tough team to beat.

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#9 : July 01, 2009, 12:08:26 AM

1-7 career record...Browns didn't want him, Gruden didn't want him, Raheem doesn't want him enough said!

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#10 : July 01, 2009, 12:09:36 AM

it was against the saints. not really a defensive squad.
But still give him some credit the Saints are always a tough team to beat.

Actually my bad. His last start came against the panthers in the final game of the 07 season. I give him credit for beating NO in a hostile enviornment. But Mccown doesn't get me excited him or leftwich.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#11 : July 01, 2009, 12:15:36 AM

I think it might be past yours...but hey, you are new.  You might not have been old enough to read when all these LUKE threads popped up.

Glad to see you guys are catching up on recent history though.  Carry on.

JoshJohnson11

Hall of Famer

#12 : July 01, 2009, 12:20:39 AM

I think it might be past yours...but hey, you are new.  You might not have been old enough to read when all these LUKE threads popped up.

Glad to see you guys are catching up on recent history though.  Carry on.
First of all I'm not new a second if your not going to post on the topic don't post at all.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#13 : July 01, 2009, 12:25:14 AM

I think it might be past yours...but hey, you are new. You might not have been old enough to read when all these LUKE threads popped up.

Glad to see you guys are catching up on recent history though. Carry on.
First of all I'm not new a second if your not going to post on the topic don't post at all.
First of all, I apologize young man.  Your idea of time is a bit different than mine I suppose, but I am glad you post here, if that will calm you down...you are a kid posting your love of the Bucs, and that is very cool.  By the time you hit your 15 year old days, you willbe one knowledgeable kid, trust that.

But YOU need to relax.  Not me.  Sorry if me saying we have discussed Luke McCown a billion times has hurt your feelings, but you make a good point.  If I don;t care, I should not post.  High five.

JoshJohnson11

Hall of Famer

#14 : July 01, 2009, 12:33:41 AM

I think it might be past yours...but hey, you are new. You might not have been old enough to read when all these LUKE threads popped up.

Glad to see you guys are catching up on recent history though. Carry on.
First of all, I apologize young man.  Your idea of time is a bit different than mine I suppose, but I am glad you post here, if that will calm you down...you are a kid posting your love of the Bucs, and that is very cool.  By the time you hit your 15 year old days, you willbe one knowledgeable kid, trust that.

But YOU need to relax.  Not me.  Sorry if me saying we have discussed Luke McCown a billion times has hurt your feelings, but you make a good point.  If I don't care, I should not post.  High five.
Again we all know that we have discussed Luke a billion times but he's kinda our QB this year so I think we should care if he is the one leading us into the 16 week long season you should care to.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: KOOL HAND LUKE « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools