Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: KOOL HAND LUKE « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#135 : July 06, 2009, 06:21:17 PM

whats funny, is mccown was putting up the exact same stats WITHOUT any receivers the caliber of moss/welker...

now that doesnt guarantee anything, except that inexperienced QB's need time to get adjusted.

Except they really don't. We've been down this road too, a QB's sack rate tends to be close to his career average his rookie year. Manning was 3.7% and he is a 3.3%. Edwards as a rookie was actually better than his second year. McNabb got a lot better (4%) but that was in year 2.  Collins was 5.3 and is 5.2 for his career. Manning is 6.2 as a rookie and 5.0 career. Campbell has gotten 4% worse career over rookie. Orton was 7.5 vs 6.1%. Jackson got better in year 3 after getting worse in year 2. There's no clear pattern that QB's get "smarter" as time goes on. Guys tend to be the decision makers (for good or ill) they are. LM's problem is that his current sack rate is so flippin' high that getting better still makes him bad.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#136 : July 06, 2009, 06:36:29 PM

getting adjusted to live NFL action is more than just taking sacks.  id say the majority of QB's in their first 7 starts arent lighting it up.

on the sacks issue though, from the little we've seen, are mccowns problems with sacks that he holds the ball too long, or that he tries to out run the defense?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#137 : July 06, 2009, 06:37:21 PM

Why do people refer to him as Cool Hand Luke?  Is he Cool under preasure?  Not that I've ever seen.  Has he ever eaten 50 hard boiled eggs in a sitting?  Maybe.  Are people just lazy and not very creative?  Probably.  

Good call.  

"Affair McNair" is much more classy and witty.

littlericky

Starter
#138 : July 06, 2009, 11:01:38 PM

Why do people refer to him as Cool Hand Luke?  Is he Cool under preasure?  Not that I've ever seen.  Has he ever eaten 50 hard boiled eggs in a sitting?  Maybe.  Are people just lazy and not very creative?  Probably. 

Why you worried what I call him. You his hair dresser are smoething.

gdavis

Starter

#139 : July 07, 2009, 07:43:30 AM

Why do people refer to him as Cool Hand Luke?  Is he Cool under preasure?  Not that I've ever seen.  Has he ever eaten 50 hard boiled eggs in a sitting?  Maybe.  Are people just lazy and not very creative?  Probably. 

Why you worried what I call him. You his hair dresser are smoething.

He has a hair dresser?  Absurd.  Now he's definitely not cool.  Can you imagine Paul Newman having a hairdresser?  Never.   

Those PlayStation All-Americans up there thinking they know football because they watched a game on TV.
--B. Bowden

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#140 : July 07, 2009, 11:03:48 PM

I'll make a prediction and state COOL LUKE will be out of the league in 3 years

So what you're saying is, you have absolutely no rebuttal to my post but will continue to post baseless predictions anyways because you love trolling.

blitz

Pro Bowler
#141 : July 08, 2009, 04:10:31 PM

PAC and LAC will no longer post on this site after the first three games.  Bank on it.

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#142 : July 08, 2009, 04:43:35 PM

PAC and LAC will no longer post on this site after the first three games. Bank on it.
I'll be here and be the first to admit i was wrong...i HIGHLY doubt that will be the case though.

Bring back GRUDEN!!!
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: KOOL HAND LUKE « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools