Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: KOOL HAND LUKE « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#15 : July 01, 2009, 12:39:52 AM

Haven't we discussed this before at least beforemillion times?
Lighten up man is it past you bedtime?
I think it might be past yours...but hey, you are new. You might not have been old enough to read when all these LUKE threads popped up.

Glad to see you guys are catching up on recent history though. Carry on.
First of all I'm not new a second if your not going to post on the topic don't post at all.
First of all, I apologize young man. Your idea of time is a bit different than mine I suppose, but I am glad you post here, if that will calm you down...you are a kid posting your love of the Bucs, and that is very cool. By the time you hit your 15 year old days, you willbe one knowledgeable kid, trust that.

But YOU need to relax. Not me. Sorry if me saying we have discussed Luke McCown a billion times has hurt your feelings, but you make a good point. If I don't care, I should not post. High five.
Again we all know that we have discussed Luke a billion times but he's kinda our QB this year so I think we should care if he is the one leading us into the 16 week long season you should care to.
Oh...so you know who is starting?

Must be nice to be in the priivy Josh Johnson with the authentic jersey.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#16 : July 01, 2009, 07:27:23 AM

Your free to move on if you feel this has been discussed too much.  You do realize you are not obligated to post on EVERYTHING, especially subjects you feel have been discussed a "bazillion times".  As far as the actual subject, McCown was a rookie on a VERY bad Cleveland team when he got a few of those losses, and he, arguaby had the biggest win, and best game of ANY Buc QB in 2007.  He got the remainder of those losses as Gruden was not playing the starters, in the last few games of 2007.  I look forward to seeing what McCown can do as a starter with the new and IMPROVED offense.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#17 : July 01, 2009, 01:23:26 PM

Lol, I love it when people try to argue with Boid...

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#18 : July 01, 2009, 02:21:59 PM

1-7 career record...Browns didn't want him, Gruden didn't want him, Raheem doesn't want him enough said!

Browns didnt want him, yet spent a 4th round pick on him?
Gruden didnt want him, yet traded a 6th round pick for him and kept him around through unfortunate injuries?
Raheem doesn't want him, yet he made it clear to Luke he did and is letting him compete to start?

The problem with Luke isn't talent or production, its his consistency. He has a bad play or two that hurts the team a lot but he has shown flashes of a very capable starter. Who knows what would have happened in 2006 if Luke doesn't blow out his knee in OTA's and it is him and not Gradkowski.. he may have ended up the franchise guy by now.

Nobody here can really say much else about him and the only way were gonna find out what we got is to let him compete and let him play.

blitz

Pro Bowler
#19 : July 01, 2009, 03:02:04 PM

Doesn't matter what any of us say on these boards.  Jags is going with the guy.....like it or not.

littlericky

Starter
#20 : July 01, 2009, 04:42:55 PM

i know his record is 1-7 but the last two games he played  for us he lead the bucs down the field agints SF to score with second left and then on the two point conversion MC dont know where the back of the endzone is. I also think he had two picks and both were in and out of the hands of the receiver and tightend.

Now the Carolina game was a bit different but he still kept us in the game the whole time.

I think he did pretty good considering  he was playing with the 2nd and 3rd string Darby and Bennet where his running back and the only decent receiver on the feild was MC.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#21 : July 01, 2009, 04:46:48 PM

Again, for all the hype about his efforts for us he was a below average QB against those crummy foes he faced. He did less than expected versus those foes.

If he was "the man" we don't have Freeman here right now and he'd surely have blown away BL in OTA's which he hasn't done. He's a spare and he might be the best spare QB this year but his future can be measured in months not years right now.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

littlericky

Starter
#22 : July 01, 2009, 06:45:31 PM

I know every one thinks he could'nt beat out Jeff or Brain but Tony Romo could'nt beat out and old washed up Drew Brees the first 4 years and know look at him.

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#23 : July 01, 2009, 06:50:18 PM

I know every one thinks he could'nt beat out Jeff or Brain but Tony Romo could'nt beat out and old washed up Drew Brees the first 4 years and know look at him.

Romo and Brees never played on the same team. I think you mean Drew Bledsoe. Plus Brees is not washed up or old he is one of the elite QB's.

littlericky

Starter
#24 : July 01, 2009, 08:02:32 PM

my bad i did mean bledsoe thanks for correcting me.

littlericky

Starter
#25 : July 01, 2009, 08:05:32 PM

plus i dont think it was 4yrs i think it was only two. so who would that other qb be that romo could not beat out...

littlericky

Starter
#26 : July 01, 2009, 08:08:46 PM

was it vinny maybe im not sure but i think it was vinny or quincy carter?

blitz

Pro Bowler
#27 : July 01, 2009, 08:47:04 PM

luke is better than romo.  you'll soon see................

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler
#28 : July 01, 2009, 09:08:43 PM

1-7 career record...Browns didn't want him, Gruden didn't want him, Raheem doesn't want him enough said!

The problem with Luke isn't talent or production, its his consistency. He has a bad play or two that hurts the team a lot but he has shown flashes of a very capable starter.

Sounds a lot like Griese.

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

littlericky

Starter
#29 : July 01, 2009, 09:41:07 PM

Im not saying Luke is better then anybody im just saying He has the potential to be good. I was just naming another qb that had a bumpy road but finally got his chance and did good. theres more Warner,Johnson,Romo.  I will stick up for Mccown until I actually see what he can do if he suck i'll admit I was wrong.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: KOOL HAND LUKE « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools