Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Which team is most desperate to! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

: February 08, 2007, 05:40:56 PM

[banghead] Make your case for which team might be most desperate to move up in the draft and why?

I believe that the Giants might be Most desperate for a RB.
Lets face it Tiki was the Giants offence and this year there is only 1 top running back in the Draft Peterson after that there is not a legitimate 1st round pick RB

#1 : February 08, 2007, 05:41:35 PM

They have Brandon Jacobs....

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 08, 2007, 05:42:26 PM

WHO?

#3 : February 08, 2007, 05:43:15 PM

You're kidding, right? If you watched the Bucs - Giants game you know damn well who B-Jac is....

bucs1

Practice Squad
#4 : February 08, 2007, 05:43:40 PM

They need another stud running back to carry the load along with Brandon Jacobs.

#5 : February 08, 2007, 05:46:27 PM

They need another stud running back to carry the load along with Brandon Jacobs.
I don't know about that...

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 08, 2007, 06:41:01 PM

Marshawn Lynch isnt 1st round talent?? And Kenny Irons and Michael Bush won't have a chance of being late round 2 steals?

BucsPrimetime

Rookie

#7 : February 08, 2007, 10:26:42 PM

MINNESOTA WOULD LOVE TO JUMP UP AND GRAB CALVIN JOHNSON

#8 : February 08, 2007, 10:28:19 PM

giants only because they really need a running back a lot of petty good recievers coming out so giants

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#9 : February 08, 2007, 10:55:30 PM

Brandon Jacobs wont hold up a whole season.  He is too tall at 6'4 I believe.  Thats to tall and he will take too many hits in the legs.  He needs a buddy system to stay healthy, IMO.  So they do need another runner, but probably not round 1 talent.  Maybe Thomas Jones would be a good fit there.

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

#10 : February 08, 2007, 10:58:38 PM

If that's the case they could just take a clue from the other NY team and draft Booker to match-up with him, or sign Ahman Green.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 09, 2007, 12:37:55 AM

Brandon Jacobs wont hold up a whole season. He is too tall at 6'4 I believe. Thats to tall and he will take too many hits in the legs. He needs a buddy system to stay healthy, IMO. So they do need another runner, but probably not round 1 talent. Maybe Thomas Jones would be a good fit there.
No doubt in my mind that Jones is a guy who is looking at New York...they will pay a guy like that to pair up with Jacobs for sure.

AS far as desperate teams go, I think Detroit, while not desperate, are in a position to trade down to pick up more players with their #2.  They don't have a glaring hole anywhere in the roster that a top 8 pick could solve.  They don't need Thomas, with BAckus eating money.  They don't need a QB with Orlovsky being groomed and Kitna at the helm.  They don't need D-line help, they are loaded at the tackle spots.  They don't need wideouts for obvious reasons.  They don't need Adrian because they have Jones.  I can see them trading down quickly...

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#12 : February 09, 2007, 01:32:12 AM

Brandon Jacobs is a bruiser, but i dont think he is a every down back, although i dont think they would trade up, because they could get a RB like Lynch maybe, or even Michael Bush, or somebody like that in the late 1st, early 2nd

#13 : February 09, 2007, 12:00:35 PM

there is not a legitimate 1st round pick RB

Ever heard of Kenny Irons and Marshawn Lynch?

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 09, 2007, 12:11:16 PM

Kenny Irons has been knocked severely down the boards recently. Marshawn Lynch has consistently been around 15 in the mocks, but didn't he just get into some kind of domestic violence trouble?
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Which team is most desperate to! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools