Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden Eyeing Return To Philedelphia? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

bucs1

Practice Squad
: February 08, 2007, 08:15:26 PM

From ProFootballTalk.com: http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

GRUDEN EYEING RETURN TO PHILLY?

There's persistent talk in league circles that Bucs coach Jon Gruden is hoping to become the head coach of the Eagles if/when Andy Reid packs it in.

And given the current travails of Reid's sons, which are prompting all sorts of speculation that Reid might call it quits, Gruden's opportunity could come sooner rather than later.

But let's be clear.  We're not reporting that Reid is out, or that if he's out Gruden is in.  All we're saying is that the talk in league circles is that Gruden wants the job, if/when the job comes open.

T

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 08, 2007, 08:39:25 PM

Won't happen

#2 : February 08, 2007, 08:45:38 PM

Hell that's like wanting the Cubs job, if you somehow do win there you're a legend.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#3 : February 08, 2007, 08:48:48 PM

Hell that's like wanting the Cubs job, if you somehow do win there you're a legend.
**CENSORED** Vermeil made a superbowl there got blown out in it and is an effing legend there. Philthy fans are too stupid to deserve a good coach (Which they do unfortunately have in Reid). These are the people who booed Mike Schmidt.

#4 : February 08, 2007, 08:50:50 PM

Rumors.  [banghead]  I am sure if the job in Philly was available Gruden's name would be mentioned, and he would consider it, but until then who cares.

#5 : February 08, 2007, 08:52:32 PM

not happening now but if he keeps effen up then he probably will

mark2001

Pro Bowler
#6 : February 08, 2007, 08:54:45 PM

I think I would rather listen to what the PR guys think, than the rumor machine at PFT.   About  98% of the rumors at PFT seem to have no validity.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#7 : February 08, 2007, 09:03:40 PM

I think I would rather listen to what the PR guys think, than the rumor machine at PFT.   About  98% of the rumors at PFT seem to have no validity.

Actually, PFT's rumors are 98% correct, but I don't see Gruden going anywhere.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#8 : February 08, 2007, 09:09:21 PM

Here's PR's take on PFT from one of their magazines.

profootballtalk.com
Yeah, we know the site is nothing but a rumor
mill, but we still recommend it. Why?
Because a lot of those rumors have turned out
to be true over the last two years. Dare we say
the credibility of profootballtalk.com is
growing? Yep. Mike Florio now has a host of
NFL insiders that tip him off with scoop. It’s
required reading, especially in the offseason.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#9 : February 08, 2007, 09:11:29 PM

I think I would rather listen to what the PR guys think, than the rumor machine at PFT.   About  98% of the rumors at PFT seem to have no validity.

Actually, PFT's rumors are 98% correct, but I don't see Gruden going anywhere.

please ... they are the worst at running with garbage stories ... no way in heck are they even close to 98% correct

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 08, 2007, 09:13:15 PM

PLEASE GOD not this S*** again!!!

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#11 : February 08, 2007, 09:18:52 PM

I believe PFT like I believe my kids when they say they didnt eat any cookies and they have chocolate all over their face.  Don't believe the story. If Philly would like to set up a one on one trade, I'd take it.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#12 : February 08, 2007, 09:21:58 PM

CLICK!!

bucs1

Practice Squad
#13 : February 08, 2007, 09:22:51 PM

CLICK!!

Yes, I'm "clicking" my own thread.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 08, 2007, 09:31:11 PM

I have a friend who is an Eagle fan.   He's been saying that he wants Gruden for their head coach for years now.   I'm sure that rumor was started by Eagle fans.   They would love to have Gruden there.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden Eyeing Return To Philedelphia? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools