Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden Eyeing Return To Philedelphia? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

#15 : February 08, 2007, 10:29:02 PM

The thing to remember when reading stories at PFT isn't that they are "true" or "false", it's just that this is what people in the league are talking about.  Apparently some people around the league think Gruden would be interested in coaching in Philly.  That's the story.  Just because he doesn't go back to Philly, doesn't mean those people didn't think he would have.  There are plenty of thoughts in league circles, some small and some held by the majority, that turn out to never come about.  Others start as whispers, get some more "real journalism" backing, and become "regular, substantiated" stories.  Like the Bush Family house, Saban leaving the Dolphins, Mario Williams getting drafted 1st overall, etc.

Taken for what it is, a snapshot pulse of part of the league, it's great reading.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#16 : February 08, 2007, 10:30:56 PM

From ProFootballTalk.com: http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

GRUDEN EYEING RETURN TO PHILLY?

There's persistent talk in league circles that Bucs coach Jon Gruden is hoping to become the head coach of the Eagles if/when Andy Reid packs it in.

And given the current travails of Reid's sons, which are prompting all sorts of speculation that Reid might call it quits, Gruden's opportunity could come sooner rather than later.

But let's be clear.  We're not reporting that Reid is out, or that if he's out Gruden is in.  All we're saying is that the talk in league circles is that Gruden wants the job, if/when the job comes open.

Persistent talk?  Its the persistent talk of profootballtalk.com that I hear, not anybody else.  I guess Florio just has that great connection that nobody else has.  I'd like to check his cell phone to see how many calls he's made to Flowery Branch lately.

vipmark

Starter
#17 : February 08, 2007, 10:33:14 PM

Gruden's parents and his brother live here and I believe he would like to finish bulding a team he has only recently been given the tools to build with...but who knows? I once said to Gruden " I hated you when you were with Philly" and he said " I hated myself when I was with Philly".

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#18 : February 08, 2007, 10:33:28 PM

The thing to remember when reading stories at PFT isn't that they are "true" or "false", it's just that this is what people in the league are talking about. Apparently some people around the league think Gruden would be interested in coaching in Philly.
No thats not what the article says.  It says Gruden "is hoping...". That means that Gruden has expressed interest according to Florio.  If he hasn't expressed interest, then thats not speculation by Florio, thats lying by Florio.

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#19 : February 08, 2007, 10:37:43 PM

How in the heck can people in Philly like Gruden? I figured they would have his picture hung up and used for dart boards.

No I dont do that.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#20 : February 08, 2007, 10:40:03 PM

They do that with Ronde's pic.

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#21 : February 08, 2007, 10:42:04 PM

How in the heck can people in Philly like Gruden? I figured they would have his picture hung up and used for dart boards.

No I dont do that.

I have a die hard Philly friend, and she hates Gruden and the Bucs.  So, yeah I cant see it being a very warm welcome.

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#22 : February 08, 2007, 10:43:33 PM

They do that with Ronde's pic.
No that would be McNabb

#23 : February 08, 2007, 10:45:11 PM

If Philly fans hate McNabb they are more fairweather than Tampa, and I'd gladly take Donovan here with open arms.

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#24 : February 08, 2007, 10:46:25 PM

No McNabb has Ronde's picture up on his dart board or some kind of voodoo doll.

#25 : February 08, 2007, 10:52:44 PM

Ah, nevermind Tampa regains fairweather #2 status, but hey go Sox! ::)

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#26 : February 08, 2007, 10:56:13 PM

If Philly fans hate McNabb they are more fairweather than Tampa, and I'd gladly take Donovan here with open arms.

The Philly fans I know love McNabb.    They act like he's a god.   

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#27 : February 08, 2007, 11:00:18 PM

I have sat at the Tampa stadium too many times surrounded by purple or whatever team we were playing and in 97 suddenly it changed and then everyone was suddenly huge Bucs fans.  Damnit I sat there wearing my orange and I hate it that people wearing that purple are now bucs fans.

BP1

Pro Bowler

#28 : February 08, 2007, 11:04:57 PM

Yeah they had him going to Dallas before the season was even over.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#29 : February 08, 2007, 11:58:25 PM

So many rumors about one of the better coaches in the NFL...it is bound to happen.  I am glad to have him as our coach.  Gruden loves Tampa.  Screw the rumors, and screw the detractors with no brains...

YEAH THAT MEANS YOU!  AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden Eyeing Return To Philedelphia? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools