Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden Eyeing Return To Philedelphia? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#30 : February 09, 2007, 01:33:39 AM

another amazing rumor from PFT that wont happen

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#31 : February 09, 2007, 01:36:33 AM

[banghead] Enough with Gruden to here and there PFT! [banghead]

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#32 : February 09, 2007, 03:24:24 AM

Better coaches?? ??? >:( [banghead]

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#33 : February 09, 2007, 04:26:27 AM

Gruden's not going anywhere. He's here to stay PERIOD.

quezilla

Hall of Famer
#34 : February 09, 2007, 09:20:19 AM

A week ago he wanted the Cowboys job.

goto11

Starter
#35 : February 09, 2007, 09:24:29 AM

PFT is the Star Magazine of football.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#36 : February 09, 2007, 09:46:09 AM

I like PFT, they're right on with a ton of these rumors. I'm not going to say this isn't true but who knows.

TEAMCALI

Starter

#37 : February 09, 2007, 10:05:59 AM

When it comes out of the horses mouth ... and not  that pfw . crap... I'll believe it, until then Gruden isn't going anywere!    [banghead]

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#38 : February 09, 2007, 11:25:47 AM

Is this the same source that had Gruden going to Dallas?  Because the Dallas job came open and Wade Phillips was hired.  Gruden wasn't in that conversation after all.  So PFT was wrong about that one.  You don't think if Gruden told the Glazers he wanted to go to Dallas that he wouldn't be there right now? (I guess that was one of the 2% that were wrong, huh Caddy?)   Unless PFT got some new sources, then its the same sources who cranked out this rumor that cranked out the Dallas rumor.  So I guess maybe we are up to 3% now?

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#39 : February 09, 2007, 11:38:02 AM

Actually, the rumor to Dallas came from Ira Kaufman at the Tribune. PFT thought it was bunk if I recall.

Stereo is right - PFT simply picks up buzz from around the league. Sometimes that buzz is factual and other times it turns out to be false. Sometimes Florio takes a nugget of truth and comes up with his own speculation about what that might mean. But some of you are taking this way to seriously.

It's a good read, and often times it is spot on well before the fishwraps are on to things.

vipmark

Starter
#40 : February 09, 2007, 11:45:31 AM

I think a lot of this stuff comes from agents or from people who work for agents or GM's. If I were a coach I would want my agent to constantly explore options and opportunities, even if I were totally happy in my present position.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#41 : February 09, 2007, 12:35:29 PM

Better coaches?? ??? >:( [banghead]
You heard me...

Why else would he be rumored to be going to winning programs like Dallas, and Philly, if he weren't?

If he were available, no doubt in my mind that Dallas would have Gruden as a head coach.

WTH is wrong with you Karen?  Ignorance must be bliss, hatred is easy to buy.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#42 : February 09, 2007, 12:53:35 PM

Boid, if Gruden or his agent told the Glazers he wanted to go to Dallas, you think they would say no?  Come on.  I guess your contention is that Jerry Jones really would rather have Wade Phillips than Gruden.  OK sure. Use a little logic, Boid, and realize that somebody is stirring up this stuff about Gruden, somebody with some NFL connections.  PFT should realize they were led down the wrong path once by the same person probably.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#43 : February 09, 2007, 01:00:03 PM

Boid, if Gruden or his agent told the Glazers he wanted to go to Dallas, you think they would say no? Come on. I guess your contention is that Jerry Jones really would rather have Wade Phillips than Gruden. OK sure. Use a little logic, Boid, and realize that somebody is stirring up this stuff about Gruden, somebody with some NFL connections. PFT should realize they were led down the wrong path once by the same person probably.
Uhhh...please re-read what I said above your post...

I said IF Gruden were available, no doubt in my mind he would be in Dallas, preparing a speech, and Jones would not have to worry about things for a while...

I am implying that if Gruden were a terrible coach, he would not be rumored to be wanting all these jobs in top flight programs.

That is my logic, Itch.  Understand?

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#44 : February 09, 2007, 01:03:58 PM

If the PFT monkeys throw enough crap at the wall, some of it is bound to stick. Nothing wrong with that...

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden Eyeing Return To Philedelphia? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools