Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bills CB Nate Clements To Test The Free Agent Market « previous next »
Page: 1 2

#15 : February 09, 2007, 12:18:28 PM

We don't pay a lot for this position in the draft or in free agency typically, so I don't see why we would start now. I think the Bucs could more cost effectively improve the secondary by resigning P-Buc and finding a safety. They could probably do both for less than it would cost to ink Clements.

I agree Booker, I'd rather see them pursue Michael Lewis & PBuc and hope BK returns to form. I'm still hoping that either Boldin or AZ can make a successful move to S if Lewis signs elsewhere.

CrAsH_oVeRdRiVe

Rookie

#16 : February 09, 2007, 12:41:17 PM

His agent is TODD FRANCE?... Doesn't anyone else find that funny?

It isn't the same guy... but come on! That's golden.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#17 : February 09, 2007, 02:19:43 PM

Please dont allocate a majority of our hard earned free agent bucs to sign Clements

Mellow

Starter

#18 : February 09, 2007, 02:39:02 PM

Our system does not call for high priced CB. Get the Best D-line and an average CB will look like a probowler

Bingo.

With the cost of guys on FA going through the roof, draft picks are looking more and more valuable huh?

bucs1

Practice Squad
#19 : February 09, 2007, 03:05:08 PM

When did a former kicker of ours become an agent to represent NFL players? I guess former players make the best agents. JK.

LOL

RascalBuc

Rookie

#20 : February 10, 2007, 10:03:27 AM

It would be hard to justify spending $63 Million over 7 years type money on a position where we currently have two above average CBs and serviceable backups.

We need to spend money on the DL (DE & DT/UT), safeties, and OL (tackle, center/guard) . We could possibly fill two positions of need with what it would cost to sign Clements.  It just seems like there are more critical areas that need to be filled first.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 10, 2007, 10:05:04 AM

It would be hard to justify spending $63 Million over 7 years type money on a position where we currently have two above average CBs and serviceable backups.

We need to spend money on the DL (DE & DT/UT), safeties, and OL (tackle, center/guard) . We could possibly fill two positions of need with what it would cost to sign Clements. It just seems like there are more critical areas that need to be filled first.

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!

Now if we move Kelly then you would have Clements as an option or Asante Samuel, provided he hits the market.

Baghead #2

bryan12112

Starter

#22 : February 10, 2007, 11:50:15 AM

I haven't seen much of either player, but I think I'd rather have Asante Samuel. He made some incredible plays in the post-season. With his ability to read the pass and make plays, he  would fit perfectly in our defense. Him along with Barber and Buchanon would be a great secondary.

But I agree, something needs to be done about the defensive line first. If they can make some moves there to help the team out and land a big time CB, all while keeping the salary cap in decent shape, I'd be happy. I wonder if a player like Jared Allen fits in their plans, if he will become available. I think he'd be a good replacement for Spires. His sack production is higher, and he's been a tackling machine.

Safety is important too, though. I think the Bucs could go with a top tier safety instead of going after a CB and I'd be happy with that too. I like what Buchanon did and if Kelly can rebound from the turf toe injury, he's still a good player. Very underrated. It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to go into next season with those three again, as long as Kelly is healthy and happy with his contract. I'm guessing he's in no position to ask for more money after coming off of a serious turf toe injury.

T

Hall of Famer

#23 : February 10, 2007, 01:05:51 PM

Maybe it's time to change our system since so many other NFL teams run it, let's get some man to man corners and blitzing LB's!

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#24 : February 10, 2007, 01:12:47 PM

Maybe it's time to change our system since so many other NFL teams run it, let's get some man to man corners and blitzing LB's!

They do want to get bigger.  And I agree.  Players evolve, offenses and defenses evolve, competition changes.  We need to stop living in 1998.  A good QB like Manning could pick apart a cover 2 all day long and control the clock in the process.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bills CB Nate Clements To Test The Free Agent Market « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools