Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ESPN chimes in on Dungy and Gruden.. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 17

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#15 : February 08, 2007, 10:23:39 PM

thats not true--There are tons of posters over there that support Gruden.

But the admin's careless throwing about of suspensions and bans of Buc fans who are obviously not there to be trolls has caused most knowledgeable fans to disregard that site.   I think that site is FAR from a true representation of Buc fans.   This one is closer to the true opinions of season ticket holders.

As far as wondering if people who don't like Dungy have no clue what it was to be a Buc fan pre 1997, I don't quite get the meaning of that.    I don't know anyone who doesn't like Dungy.   What they don't like is the constant whining about Gruden vs. Dungy.    Gruden is our head coach, and he's a damn good one.   Dungy did a good job and was given alot of talent and draft picks Wyche left him to work with.   He came in at the right time since Culverhouse had just left and we changed uniforms which seemed to give us a new confidence.    I personally think that the death of Culverhouse had alot to do with our recent success, much more so than Dungy.   I do think Dungy did a great job turning the team around though.   However, he could not get the team past the Eagles in the playoffs and obviously was not ever going to.   
You know it used to be like that.  Its changed a lot in the last year and half. A lot of the changes have occured in the last 6 months. I think right now the ones who dont last are the ones who break the rules. If you go over there now and post within the rules that nothing will happen to you. I think the problems not are from the admin and mods, but from posters who like to cause trouble.  They know where the line is and dont cross it. You have the option of people those people on ignore.  I had a problem with one of the mods at one time--thank goodness he is no longer a mod.

Well I have to some people who think that since Dungy is the Colts coach that we should no longer support him at all.  I think thats crappy. He did great things for the team and even though he isnt here anymore that doesnt mean we cant hope that he is successful elsewhere.

#16 : February 08, 2007, 10:28:07 PM

It's quite obvious what the agenda of this 'Gruden' fellow is...
1. He's a spy for the Green Bay Packers, Philadelphia Eagles, and Oakland Raiders sent on a mission to....
2. Prevent Tampa Bay from ever finishing with a HOF player by...

cutting every hall of fame player so they could possibly switch their team want examples?
Sapp
Lynch
Brackins
ect.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 08, 2007, 10:45:10 PM

Brackins

Good example.

#18 : February 08, 2007, 10:46:05 PM

Brackins

Good example.

Can't talk Hall of Fame without the most versatile man on Earth.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#19 : February 08, 2007, 10:49:19 PM

I hope he chokes on Dungy's SB every day.  And I don't think he didn't win over fans after he won the SB. I speak for alot of people I know when I say he lost us with the subsequent bad moves, bad coaching & bad drafting.

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#20 : February 08, 2007, 10:52:55 PM

Our offense was so bad, I never cared what it did during a game.  I used to pay attention to the tv when the defense played under Dungy's watch.  Gruden hasnt done much better since the Superbowl, but at least with him theres a sparkle of hope on offense where there was none with Dungy's OC's. 

Kiffin is still here to watch over the defense and we have a better GM with Bruce, IMO.  So the Bucs as a team are in better shape then they were under Dungy.  Time will show it, our offense is probably the youngest in the NFL.  Our Defense has youth in parts of it as well. 

To wrap this up, be patient with this team in transition and the rewards will come. 

In Gruden I Trust

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

superbuc

Practice Squad
#21 : February 08, 2007, 11:00:10 PM

thats not true--There are tons of posters over there that support Gruden.

But the admin's careless throwing about of suspensions and bans of Buc fans who are obviously not there to be trolls has caused most knowledgeable fans to disregard that site.   I think that site is FAR from a true representation of Buc fans.   This one is closer to the true opinions of season ticket holders.

As far as wondering if people who don't like Dungy have no clue what it was to be a Buc fan pre 1997, I don't quite get the meaning of that.    I don't know anyone who doesn't like Dungy.   What they don't like is the constant whining about Gruden vs. Dungy.    Gruden is our head coach, and he's a damn good one.   Dungy did a good job and was given alot of talent and draft picks Wyche left him to work with.   He came in at the right time since Culverhouse had just left and we changed uniforms which seemed to give us a new confidence.    I personally think that the death of Culverhouse had alot to do with our recent success, much more so than Dungy.   I do think Dungy did a great job turning the team around though.   However, he could not get the team past the Eagles in the playoffs and obviously was not ever going to.    
You know it used to be like that.  Its changed a lot in the last year and half. A lot of the changes have occured in the last 6 months. I think right now the ones who dont last are the ones who break the rules. If you go over there now and post within the rules that nothing will happen to you. I think the problems not are from the admin and mods, but from posters who like to cause trouble.  They know where the line is and dont cross it. You have the option of people those people on ignore.  I had a problem with one of the mods at one time--thank goodness he is no longer a mod.

Well I have to some people who think that since Dungy is the Colts coach that we should no longer support him at all.  I think thats crappy. He did great things for the team and even though he isnt here anymore that doesnt mean we cant hope that he is successful elsewhere.

Totally agreed on Dungy.

Also, I agree that the last six months+  the other board has really gone down hill.  It was actually better when they were more strict with the rules.  It seems now posters are either also mods or in bed with the mods.  I never got banned, but, left there for good 2 weeks ago. It's nice reading differing opinions and coming to a board where people have lives outside of constantly posting the same things and patting themselves on the back for it!

Back to the point of the thread....I hope Gru stays here  for a long time.  I don't care if he has an ego.  He works his butt off the best he knows how.  

That said, he needs to loosen up a little, work less, and coach on his instincts, not what his mentors used to do and/or what's on the laminated card.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler
#22 : February 08, 2007, 11:12:17 PM

Yeah great compare the two after the colts win SB and Gruden's team stinks it up.  If next year the oppsite happened the so called fans would jump immediatly

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#23 : February 08, 2007, 11:38:05 PM

Why does espn say things they have no idea about? Why would Gruden care if Dungy won a SB or not. Gruden won a SB here so I doubt he would care if Dungy won a SB or not.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#24 : February 08, 2007, 11:55:11 PM

I hope he chokes on Dungy's SB every day.  And I don't think he didn't win over fans after he won the SB. I speak for alot of people I know when I say he lost us with the subsequent bad moves, bad coaching & bad drafting.
You are sad Karen.

I never thought I would come out and say that.  BUt you are sad.

I can hardly see you as a Buc fan amymore...and spare me the analysis, the comparisons, the liturgy.  I just think you are immature in your pattern of thinking.  It is all hatred, all bull crap.  Period.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#25 : February 09, 2007, 12:01:15 AM

I hate what he has done to this team---period.  What do you base your statement "he's still a good coach"?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#26 : February 09, 2007, 12:03:01 AM

I hate what he has done to this team---period. What do you base your statement "he's still a good coach"?
I hate what a former GM has done to the team myself...

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#27 : February 09, 2007, 12:06:46 AM

I hate what he has done to this team---period. What do you base your statement "he's still a good coach"?
He's gone.  Way to avoid the question.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#28 : February 09, 2007, 12:10:39 AM

He's gone. Way to avoid the question.
There was no question.

Only the turbulence in your mind.

Gruden > You.

What happens if Gruden wins 10 games next year?  Do you crawl into a hole and start yammering about nothing?

I have the oven ready to cook you the best crow meal ever!

Where were you on this site when the BUcs won 11 games the year prior?  Were you screaming at the top of your lungs at the failure that Gruden is?  Where were you when Gruden pounded Alstott in for 2 versus the Skins and won one of the best games I have ever seen?

Were you crying when Simms came in and led the team to the playoffs?  With a very short on talent roster?

Having this lack of talent can only get you so far...assistant coaches that bound out of town to get bigger and better jobs cannot be stopped all the time from leaving their posts...

Where were you Karen when the BUcs won last year?  Won the South?  Is your memory that friggin' short?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#29 : February 09, 2007, 12:12:20 AM

Honestly Karen, it just sounds like you are sticking to your guns no matter what...even if others have valid points, you aren't going to listen because you are woman, hear you roar...please.  You blame everything on one man?  You are lame.  NO COACH ION THE NFL could have salvaged the roster last year...

We won the south with pretty much the same team, and I give him major props for that.  Get a grip woman.  Eat less fiber.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 17
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ESPN chimes in on Dungy and Gruden.. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools