Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ESPN chimes in on Dungy and Gruden.. « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 15 16 17

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#240 : February 12, 2007, 09:32:35 PM

How does "I'll take care of it" equal blowing him off?

"Don't worry about it, it'll get taken care of" is a little different than "I'll take care of it", don't you agree? I didn't realize that your agenda glasses could actually affect what you read, I always thought that you were just twisting it afterwards.

Semantics.  He said what he said.  He didn't say forget it.  You don't know my agenda.

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#241 : February 12, 2007, 09:37:05 PM

Not like Gruden doesn't air it out as well-- in fact he calls alot of deep passes and stretches the field. Not like Norv doesn't use alot of the West Coast scheme either. They both use hybrids of the West Coast. Both have strong ties to the WCO. Turner himself has said it. So to say BJ never saw a WCO prior to Tampa was not correct Turner ran more of his WCO version w/ BJ due to BJ's precise short and intermediate timing routes vs airing it out with him since he did have a weaker arm. Not to mention it would take Brad a half hour to take a 7 step drop.
LOL you calling him slow.  

#242 : February 12, 2007, 09:52:25 PM

How does "I'll take care of it" equal blowing him off?

"Don't worry about it, it'll get taken care of" is a little different than "I'll take care of it", don't you agree? I didn't realize that your agenda glasses could actually affect what you read, I always thought that you were just twisting it afterwards.

Semantics.  He said what he said.  He didn't say forget it.  You don't know my agenda.

Semantics? You've got to be kidding. The two phrases are practically polar opposites. And why would he say "forget it?" He doesn't handle the contracts, Keenan.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#243 : February 12, 2007, 09:54:22 PM

So unless he's an ass he should have said talk to Bruce.  Geez, imagine believing your coach!!

#244 : February 12, 2007, 10:18:53 PM

Imagine talking about your contract with someone who has nothing to do with that contract, and then assuming you'll get exactly what you want when they say "Don't worry about it."

"Unless he's an ass?" Whatever, Karen. It really doesn't matter what he said, you would try to twist it into something that would make him look bad.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#245 : February 12, 2007, 11:23:48 PM

MCCardell was promised an extension-- not a raise- although I am sure he would have gotten a cap friendly raise. Bruce Allen even came out and said he tried to extend him as he requested but he and his agent want #1 WR money that we dont' have at this time. Allen said he prefers not to look at any player contracts with more than a year left but Jon had reassured K Mac that they would extend him since he was worried about his age and that Tampa may cut him after his contract was up. And when the talks began McCardell and his agent tried to hold the Bucs ransom asking for average #1 WR money and he thought he would hold out to prove his point since he knew WR was a need with the KJ situation. Same thing he did in Jax when Jimmy Smith went down with injury.

HughC

Pro Bowler

#246 : March 31, 2009, 01:54:42 AM

I love the History channel.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#247 : March 31, 2009, 01:55:57 AM

I love the History channel.
Why?

This is not history man.

#248 : March 31, 2009, 07:40:04 AM

You know things are boring when someone has to dredge up a thread from 2 years ago.  <insert rolling eyes here>

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#249 : March 31, 2009, 07:45:08 AM

You know things are boring when someone has to dredge up a thread from 2 years ago.  <insert rolling eyes here>

Very boring.  And the best thread is the one about Morris learning to coach by playing Madden.   Sad times.
Page: 1 ... 15 16 17
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ESPN chimes in on Dungy and Gruden.. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools