Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jamaal Anderson at UT? « previous next »
Page: 1

jeanclaudtransam

Starter

: February 09, 2007, 05:47:45 AM

Long time reader and lurker, first post. Hi ma!

With all the talk about Adam Carriker possibly playing UT in the pros, it got me thinking about the possibilities of Anderson. They have similar size and build, although Carriker is admittedly a bit heavier. I've read that Anderson's great frame has room to get bigger and he could fit as a 3-4 end if it was desired, also similarly to Carriker.

Let me first say that I think Anderson is a great prospect at end, but how would you feel about drafting Anderson (assuming JT and CJ are gone) and playing him at undertackle?

Also, would you feel that drafting Anderson would be alot more likely if CJ was available and we traded down to the Vikings?

disclaimer: this is for the sake of arguement. please come to Tampa Joe Thomas!

psymun

Starter
#1 : February 09, 2007, 08:04:25 AM

I think, if we traded down to the Vikings, we'd target Amobi Okoye. As for drafting Jamaal Anderson, he's a very good defensive end, and while he has excellent strength, he gets engulfed buy dominant lineman from time to time. Without the ability to move in space, I don't think he'd be as effective as he was at end...

Also, from what I've heard from the Bucs... They're not that interested in them because they don't want to use their 1st and 2nd round picks on player that were only productive for 1 year. They want experienced players.

bucnut

Hall of Famer
#2 : February 09, 2007, 08:18:08 AM

Excellent first post jeanclaudtransam.  Welcome aboard.  I think from what I've read, the Bucs really like Okoye.  Of course, like you, I really, really want Thomas, but if he's not there, I'd love to drop down and pick him up.

NFC South BBS Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#3 : February 09, 2007, 09:18:33 AM

You make a great point jean claude. The NFL player I have seen Anderson likened to most is Richard Seymour, who is 6'6" 310lbs. I know there are many times I have seen Seymour and thought to myself that he would make a great undertackle here, since how they play their 3-4 DE's has some similarity. The only question I have is with an UT that tall is durability, as that position takes a beating, and getting leverage will be even more of a challenge.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 09, 2007, 11:58:12 AM

Supposedly Rod Marinelli liked them small so they could maintain leverage, but there have been some pretty successful tall DTs in this league - Harvey Martin, Joe Greene, and Leon Lett come to mind. It will be interesting to see what Coyer's influence in this area might be.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jamaal Anderson at UT? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools