Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This movie will be a - MUST SEE! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#30 : July 12, 2009, 12:39:38 AM

Finally saw "Public Enemies" tonight and thought it was great; and those who will enjoy it are those who are Johnny Depp fans because his acting was great as usual, and the scenery and layout of the movie was very authentic and they even used an old abandoned jail in some of those scenes where Dillinger actually spent time. There was only about 3 hardcore shootout scenes in the 2.50 hour movie and the rest of it consisted of the cops plotting to capture him for good, and Dillinger falling in love with this girl he met early on in the movie.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#31 : July 12, 2009, 12:44:53 AM

I thought the film was solid, nothing great. You never really got the feeling that Christian Bale was even in the film, or that the script took them more than 3 days to write. Depp could only carry so much but I thought this film was a disappointment.

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#32 : July 12, 2009, 11:53:26 AM

I love movies that take place in different eras and make it look very authentic like this one did! The only knock I have is that it could have been shortened up a little(maybe an hour & 45 mins), but other than that I was pleased and will buy it on dvd when it comes out and add it to my huge mafia movie collection.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This movie will be a - MUST SEE! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools