Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: So when this guy dies, should we all hang out and get drunk? « previous next »
Page: 1

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« : July 13, 2009, 04:22:07 AM »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31880905/ns/world_news-asiapacific

SoDakBuc

Starter

« #1 : July 13, 2009, 04:31:43 AM »

The report says they give him 5 years to live, but by the way it looks he doesn't have more than 1-2 tops. My grandfather (RIP) died from Pancreatic Cancer. He was pushing 300 lbs when he got diagnosed. He died a few years later at 175 lbs. Il doesn't have enough fat to feed his body while going through treatment. he won't last long.

“The difference between a successful team and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will.”

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
« #2 : July 13, 2009, 05:25:26 AM »

Lol, Kim Jong Il looks like a little gremlin.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

« #3 : July 13, 2009, 10:05:22 AM »

He's carefully crafted that "watch-out-he's-liable-to-do-anything-cuz-he's-crazy" routine. It's gotten him a ton of cash.

My real concern is - who takes over for him? I don't think the military has asked Gorbachev for his "How Glasnost worked for me" notes...

Incomparable sig by Incognito

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #4 : July 13, 2009, 10:56:34 AM »

Wow, pancreatic cancer is one of the worst.  He can't last too much longer.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #5 : July 13, 2009, 10:57:51 AM »

He's carefully crafted that "watch-out-he's-liable-to-do-anything-cuz-he's-crazy" routine. It's gotten him a ton of cash.

My real concern is - who takes over for him? I don't think the military has asked Gorbachev for his "How Glasnost worked for me" notes...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8078324.stm

N Korea 'names Kim's successor'

South Korean media says North Korea has told its diplomatic missions abroad that Kim Jong-il's youngest son has been named as the next leader.
Two newspapers and an opposition lawmaker said diplomats had been told to support Kim Jong-un.
South Korea's Hankook Ilbo and Dong-a Ilbo newspapers reported that the regime sent the message right after the 25 May nuclear test.
There has been much speculation over who would follow the ailing Mr Kim.
He suffered a stroke last year, but appears to have recovered somewhat.
Analysts have said the North's recent military actions, including last week's nuclear test, may be aimed at helping Mr Kim solidify power so that he can name a successor.
The reports quoted unnamed members of South Korea's parliamentary intelligence committee briefed by the spy agency, although the spy agency refused to confirm the reports.
The Associated Press reported that opposition legislator Park Jie-won, a member of the parliament's intelligence committee, told local radio he had been briefed by the government on the North's move.
Mr Park said the regime is "pledging allegiance to Kim Jong-un", it reported.
The Dong-a Ilbo added that the North is teaching its people a song lauding the son - who reportedly enjoys skiing and studied English, German and French at a Swiss school.
There is no confirmed photograph of the adult Kim Jong-un and his age is uncertain. He was born either in 1983 or early 1984, reports say.
Questions have also been raised over whether his late mother, a Japanese-born professional dancer called Ko Yong-hui, was Kim Jong-il's official wife or mistress.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

« #6 : July 13, 2009, 11:31:15 AM »

wow, who saw that coming?

Kim-Il Sung dies and transfers the political power to Kim Jong-Il, who is dead (or mostly dead) and plans to transfer political power to his son Kim Jong-un (point of order, my Korean isn't that good, does "Jong-un" translate to youngin'?)...

Anyway, they won't have to prove the crazy thing...we can just all assume that nothing will change...

I mean - like in China - since the top generals are still committed communists and all.

Incomparable sig by Incognito
  Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: So when this guy dies, should we all hang out and get drunk? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools