Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS SIGN DT MILLER, RELEASE QB GRIESE « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Bucs Football 24/7

Second String

#15 : July 14, 2009, 10:04:43 AM

I am so glad griese is gone. He always looked dumb and confused. As much as im glad he is gone, i have to admit he did win alot of games for us. On another note, im glad we signed Roy miller. I think he and Kyle moore are going to play big for us this year. And Hopefully Roy Miller winds up be our starter sometime this year. I like his attitude!!!!!!

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer

#16 : July 14, 2009, 12:54:47 PM

IIRC, Griese was excused and no fines were imposed.

That would make sense, but it's PR that's reporting he was fined.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer

#17 : July 14, 2009, 12:58:04 PM

Don't think they gave ANY roster bonus to Griese this year, in fact, I'm sure they didn't.

Well, I'm not absolutely sure, but if they did, more evidence of foolishness or tomfoolery.

umm....guess again.

With the Bucs undergoing a youth movement under a first-year head coach (Raheem Morris) and general manager (Mark Dominik), Griese's departure seemed inevitable. Tampa Bay, though, paid Griese a $300,000 roster bonus earlier this offseason as insurance in case the team couldn't add new quarterback talent.

source: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9569938/Sources:-Bucs-expected-to-cut-Griese-loose

If, in fact, true, a HORRIBLE decision by Dominik.  For a team trying to  "save" money, that's a VERY bad decision.  Dominik, IMO, has been less than impressive in his short tenure as GM.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#18 : July 14, 2009, 01:12:56 PM

Um, Jolly and Bucs Football, Griese may have been the QB in some of those wins, but he did have a little help. In fact, he had a LOT of help.

Bucs Football 24/7

Second String

#19 : July 14, 2009, 01:41:33 PM

Don't think they gave ANY roster bonus to Griese this year, in fact, I'm sure they didn't.

Well, I'm not absolutely sure, but if they did, more evidence of foolishness or tomfoolery.

umm....guess again.

With the Bucs undergoing a youth movement under a first-year head coach (Raheem Morris) and general manager (Mark Dominik), Griese's departure seemed inevitable. Tampa Bay, though, paid Griese a $300,000 roster bonus earlier this offseason as insurance in case the team couldn't add new quarterback talent.

source: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9569938/Sources:-Bucs-expected-to-cut-Griese-loose

If, in fact, true, a HORRIBLE decision by Dominik.  For a team trying to  "save" money, that's a VERY bad decision.  Dominik, IMO, has been less than impressive in his short tenure as GM.

How is this a bad decision by the GM. I mean hindsight is 20/20. At the time the Bucs gave him that roster bonus the only QB's we had on the roster was Griese (vet), Luke McCown (inexperienced)  and Josh Johnson(basically a 2nd year rookie) . We didnt have Leftwich, and we did not know if freeman would be available when it was our time to draft.  They were ensuring we had a Vet to run the offense in case  Luke failed and in case we didnt get another vet or able to  draft freeman. IMO, the GM had a good back up plan in having  a proven Vet and only spending 300,000 for his services. Smart and very cheap move IMO
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS SIGN DT MILLER, RELEASE QB GRIESE « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools