Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden on Monday Nights « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

#15 : July 15, 2009, 01:32:58 PM

Love or Hate him, JG is going to tear it up on MNF.

I will watch it just for that - dude has a great sense of humor and is very quick witted.

We'll all have to slog through him throwing tons of love on every player they talk about though...

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#16 : July 15, 2009, 02:10:29 PM

Getting to the playoffs while rebuilding and lack of spending by the glazers says it all

When were the Bucs actually "rebuilding" under Gruden?   If so no one told him because he never went out and got a franchise quarterback to build his offense around.    Getting to the playoffs means squat in the long run.   You have to win some games.   Dungy couldn't get them over the hump and was let go.   Gruden's time was up as well.   Now it's time to get on board with Raheem or move along...which is it gonna be?

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#17 : July 15, 2009, 02:19:35 PM

Getting to the playoffs while rebuilding and lack of spending by the glazers says it all

When were the Bucs actually "rebuilding" under Gruden? If so no one told him because he never went out and got a franchise quarterback to build his offense around. Getting to the playoffs means squat in the long run. You have to win some games. Dungy couldn't get them over the hump and was let go. Gruden's time was up as well. Now it's time to get on board with Raheem or move along...which is it gonna be?
Ok dad...let me ask you something. 

Whose playing QB, RB, FB, WR, OLINE, DLINE, LB, CB, S this year?

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

biffbeaumont

Starter

#18 : July 15, 2009, 02:25:26 PM

When were the Bucs actually "rebuilding" under Gruden? If so no one told him because he never went out and got a franchise quarterback to build his offense around. Getting to the playoffs means squat in the long run. You have to win some games. Dungy couldn't get them over the hump and was let go. Gruden's time was up as well. Now it's time to get on board with Raheem or move along...which is it gonna be?

Dad?...wow that's cute. Was that picture of you wearing a McCown jersey taken at your day job?

Pteranodon

Pro Bowler

#19 : July 15, 2009, 02:33:07 PM

Good thing the Bucs just kept winning games with defense while Gruden tried to put a top 20 offense together.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#20 : July 15, 2009, 02:49:01 PM

Dad?  I wouldn't claim you.   You obviously have the mailman's eyes.    I don't get your question either.    Why would you want me to give you a pre-training camp depth chart?  Don't you already know the people on the roster?    You said we were rebuilding under Gruden.   I said no were weren't.  Not in the normal sense of the word.   He patched holes with players on the last leg of their career.   That's not rebuilding.   What Morris and Dominik are doing now is rebuilding.  Anyhow....I'm not gonna list out a depth chart for you....it's silly.   You should know who is going to be competing for what positions.    Some are deeper with talent then others.   Some are downright scary considering the schedule.   I'm looking for improvement as December comes though unlike last year.   

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#21 : July 15, 2009, 04:11:11 PM

For the Vinny D Cancer fundraiser they have a Mon night football package to a game of your choice ( I'd love Minn vs Green Bay thinking Favre playing against GB...oh my)  you get to sit in booth go everywhere...anyone got an extra $50-90 grand so I can bid on that and WIN IT!!!  ;D  I'd take my Footballl for Dummies by Theismann to impress the guys.....lol...

Jimmy V....not Vinny D

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#22 : July 15, 2009, 04:17:21 PM

Dad? I wouldn't claim you. You obviously have the mailman's eyes. I don't get your question either. Why would you want me to give you a pre-training camp depth chart? Don't you already know the people on the roster? You said we were rebuilding under Gruden. I said no were weren't. Not in the normal sense of the word. He patched holes with players on the last leg of their career. That's not rebuilding. What Morris and Dominik are doing now is rebuilding. Anyhow....I'm not gonna list out a depth chart for you....it's silly. You should know who is going to be competing for what positions. Some are deeper with talent then others. Some are downright scary considering the schedule. I'm looking for improvement as December comes though unlike last year.
Let me refresh for you the guys that will most likely see playing time this year and who brought them in again?
QB: Mcclown
FB: Askew
WR: Bryant, clayton, stovall, dexter, clark
TE: Stevens
OL: penn, sears, zuttah, faine, joseph, trueblodd
DL: white, wilkerson, gaines, hovan, sims
LB: Black, hayward, hayes, phillips
DB: talib, mack,
S: Tanard, Sabby

GLAD GRUDEN DIDN'T DRAFT or BRING IN TALENT! [banghead] [banghead]

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

Booker

Hall of Famer

#23 : July 15, 2009, 04:19:21 PM

L O L

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#24 : July 15, 2009, 04:21:23 PM

GLAD GRUDEN DIDN'T DRAFT or BRING IN TALENT! [banghead] [banghead]

are you saying that gruden brought in talent?  or are you saying that allen was a puppet?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#25 : July 15, 2009, 04:28:46 PM

This team has talent across the board besides the QB position...thats what I'm saying

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#26 : July 15, 2009, 04:38:24 PM

This team has talent across the board besides the QB position...thats what I'm saying

maybe thats what the owners thought as well.  that this team is talented and that we werent maximizing it under the previous regime.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#27 : July 15, 2009, 04:54:44 PM

the owners were probably sick of the revolving door at QB like most of the fans.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#28 : July 15, 2009, 05:03:58 PM

Gruden will do a great job, this is his true calling.  He might just be a Madden Jr. in that role. 

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler

#29 : July 15, 2009, 05:14:02 PM

maybe thats what the owners thought as well.  that this team is talented and that we werent maximizing it under the previous regime.

We're going to find out starting in about a month. Lets hope for the best.

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden on Monday Nights « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools