Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden on Monday Nights « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#30 : July 15, 2009, 05:27:13 PM

Getting to the playoffs while rebuilding and lack of spending by the glazers says it all

When were the Bucs actually "rebuilding" under Gruden? If so no one told him because he never went out and got a franchise quarterback to build his offense around. Getting to the playoffs means squat in the long run. You have to win some games. Dungy couldn't get them over the hump and was let go. Gruden's time was up as well. Now it's time to get on board with Raheem or move along...which is it gonna be?
Ok dad...let me ask you something.

Whose playing QB, RB, FB, WR, OLINE, DLINE, LB, CB, S this year?

Dad? I wouldn't claim you. You obviously have the mailman's eyes. I don't get your question either. Why would you want me to give you a pre-training camp depth chart? Don't you already know the people on the roster? You said we were rebuilding under Gruden. I said no were weren't. Not in the normal sense of the word. He patched holes with players on the last leg of their career. That's not rebuilding. What Morris and Dominik are doing now is rebuilding. Anyhow....I'm not gonna list out a depth chart for you....it's silly. You should know who is going to be competing for what positions. Some are deeper with talent then others. Some are downright scary considering the schedule. I'm looking for improvement as December comes though unlike last year.
Let me refresh for you the guys that will most likely see playing time this year and who brought them in again?
QB: Mcclown
FB: Askew
WR: Bryant, clayton, stovall, dexter, clark
TE: Stevens
OL: penn, sears, zuttah, faine, joseph, trueblodd
DL: white, wilkerson, gaines, hovan, sims
LB: Black, hayward, hayes, phillips
DB: talib, mack,
S: Tanard, Sabby

GLAD GRUDEN DIDN'T DRAFT or BRING IN TALENT! [banghead] [banghead]

LMAO ok I see what you were trying to do.   That still doesn't mean Gruden was rebuilding.   It just means he was drafting people...all the coaches did that.   If you want to argue how successful he was at that we can but I don't think it's necessary.    I'm not sure why you completely failed at replying to my first post but my opinion is still the same.   He was never "rebuilding" like you said in any traditional sense of the word.    It was a string of up and down seasons back to back.   That may be a success to you but to some of us, as well as the owners, it was not.   A 9-7 season with one and done in the playoffs just means you get a late in the round draft pick.   You don't get any trophies or rings for getting to the playoffs.   I'm perfectly happy giving Raheem some time to build his team and wish him all the best.   If he can't do it then it'll be time to move on to the next coach.   I respect Gruden for what he did but a Super Bowl win doesn't entitle you to a lifetime of job security.   

king_frog

Hall of Famer
#31 : July 15, 2009, 08:36:04 PM

Getting to the playoffs while rebuilding and lack of spending by the glazers says it all

When were the Bucs actually "rebuilding" under Gruden? If so no one told him because he never went out and got a franchise quarterback to build his offense around. Getting to the playoffs means squat in the long run. You have to win some games. Dungy couldn't get them over the hump and was let go. Gruden's time was up as well. Now it's time to get on board with Raheem or move along...which is it gonna be?

Dad?...wow that's cute. Was that picture of you wearing a McCown jersey taken at your day job?
Now that is funny !!!!!

Hate

Hall of Famer
#32 : July 15, 2009, 08:59:14 PM

Gruden was the best head coach in the NFL and would still be the best in the NFL if the Glazers weren't idiots. I fully expect him to be the best on Monday night as well.

Dude, come up for air.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

MBF

Hall of Famer

#33 : July 15, 2009, 09:27:45 PM

Why do you even bother?

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#34 : July 15, 2009, 10:16:48 PM

Dad? I wouldn't claim you. You obviously have the mailman's eyes. I don't get your question either. Why would you want me to give you a pre-training camp depth chart? Don't you already know the people on the roster? You said we were rebuilding under Gruden. I said no were weren't. Not in the normal sense of the word. He patched holes with players on the last leg of their career. That's not rebuilding. What Morris and Dominik are doing now is rebuilding. Anyhow....I'm not gonna list out a depth chart for you....it's silly. You should know who is going to be competing for what positions. Some are deeper with talent then others. Some are downright scary considering the schedule. I'm looking for improvement as December comes though unlike last year.
Let me refresh for you the guys that will most likely see playing time this year and who brought them in again?
QB: Mcclown
FB: Askew
WR: Bryant, clayton, stovall, dexter, clark
TE: Stevens
OL: penn, sears, zuttah, faine, joseph, trueblodd
DL: white, wilkerson, gaines, hovan, sims
LB: Black, hayward, hayes, phillips
DB: talib, mack,
S: Tanard, Sabby

GLAD GRUDEN DIDN'T DRAFT or BRING IN TALENT! [banghead] [banghead]

LMAO ok I see what you were trying to do.   That still doesn't mean Gruden was rebuilding.   It just means he was drafting people...all the coaches did that.   If you want to argue how successful he was at that we can but I don't think it's necessary.    I'm not sure why you completely failed at replying to my first post but my opinion is still the same.   He was never "rebuilding" like you said in any traditional sense of the word.    It was a string of up and down seasons back to back.   That may be a success to you but to some of us, as well as the owners, it was not.   A 9-7 season with one and done in the playoffs just means you get a late in the round draft pick.   You don't get any trophies or rings for getting to the playoffs.   I'm perfectly happy giving Raheem some time to build his team and wish him all the best.   If he can't do it then it'll be time to move on to the next coach.   I respect Gruden for what he did but a Super Bowl win doesn't entitle you to a lifetime of job security.   

best post in this thread. Gruden never did any rebuilding what he did was called reloading. With the important positions on the team they filled them through free agency by bringing in vets standing on their last legs. Garcia, Griese, Tim Brown, Charlie Gardener, kevin carter, heck we even brought in Jay Fiedler. In 07 when Gruden brought in garcia he did it to SAVE his job; if you think about it if he had drafted a QB like Quinn or Edwards he would have bought himself an extra 2 years to develop a QB. But the success/failure of the QB will always be tied to the head coach.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#35 : July 16, 2009, 01:58:44 AM

Gonna enjoy hearing his live perspective...

Funny how he was so arrogant with his playbook, yet seems very down to earth in his NFL Network shows...I think he will do quite well.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#36 : July 16, 2009, 03:40:30 AM

Yeah he is gonna be nice to have on MNF.   I liked him on the NFL network.    I look forward to him being on the sidelines again too.    I just hope he learned from his mistakes here in Tampa.   He needs to adapt his offense to work with a young franchise QB and not some has been past his prime.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#37 : July 16, 2009, 07:20:44 AM

I look forward to seeing him anywhere but on the Buc sidelines. Good luck to him.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#38 : July 16, 2009, 08:32:15 AM

Gruden is going to be very good on MNF. I personally can't wait to watch the 1st MNF.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

#39 : July 16, 2009, 09:45:52 AM

I'm thinking they'll have a 6 sec delay for him set up just in case...I think I learned to read lips when Gruden was our coach.  Hilarrous.

My understanding about Kornheiser is that he did not want to renew.  I don't know what other, if any, role he'll have with NFL. He was ok but not in Jon's class.

Sorry about the D instead of the V for Vinnie....maybe I was thinking of SunnyD or my high school/ college grades...anyhow...Monday night will be fun.

Pteranodon

Pro Bowler

#40 : July 16, 2009, 09:53:10 AM

Not unlike a rookie QB watching pros from the bench, Gruden in the booth will be good for him so he can really see how head coaches manage players and OC's try to score TD's in the red zone, plus there's no refs.

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler
#41 : July 16, 2009, 12:26:40 PM

Not unlike a rookie QB watching pros from the bench, Gruden in the booth will be good for him so he can really see how head coaches manage players and OC's try to score TD's in the red zone, plus there's no refs.

Yawn.

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#42 : July 16, 2009, 01:28:03 PM

Sapp on Rome show right now and was asked how he thought Gruden would do on MNF and Sapp said "I can't wait." He said he hasn't talked to Gruden in about 2 months but started laughing when thinking about Gruden in the booth. He said Gruden has such a passion for football and knows what he's talking about, but he has to work on toning it down for a PC audience for 3 hours -- meaning Gruden will have to watch his mouth.
Sapp said he used to sit in Gruden's office from 7-8 a.m. and Sapp thought he was a sailor but "I was a small-ranker compared to him! That guy's got a tongue!" LMAO!
Definitely get the censor button ready. :)

blitz

Pro Bowler
#43 : July 16, 2009, 04:58:33 PM

Gruden will do a great job, this is his true calling. He might just be a Madden Jr. in that role.

I seriously doubt he'll coach again.  He's gonna knock it out of the park on MNF and that's a heck of a lot more fun with less
work and headaches than screaming at refs on the sidelines all season long.

Gruden's no dummy.   He's got a cushy deal with all the ego strokes he'll ever need. 

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#44 : July 16, 2009, 05:03:33 PM

Gruden will do a great job, this is his true calling. He might just be a Madden Jr. in that role.

I seriously doubt he'll coach again.  He's gonna knock it out of the park on MNF and that's a heck of a lot more fun with less
work and headaches than screaming at refs on the sidelines all season long.

Gruden's no dummy.   He's got a cushy deal with all the ego strokes he'll ever need. 

Really!?  You think he'd give up coaching to be a booth jockey full time?   I don't see it.  No way.   Maybe in 10 years after he's hopped around the NFL some more.    That guy is obsessed with football and coaching.   I don't see him getting his thrills by being an analyst with a bunch of journalism majors and retirees.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden on Monday Nights « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools