Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Artie Lange Charged With DUI « previous next »
Page: 1 2

#15 : July 14, 2009, 07:39:56 PM

Drunk driving in the afternoon? Wtf..

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#16 : July 14, 2009, 08:14:29 PM

I actually like Artie Lange. As for Joe Buck... didn't he or his producers know that Artie is on the edge?

That episode couldn't have been that bad for Buck and HBO... they replay it ALL the time.

Sorry but I am on the side of the guy who is intelligent, has some class, and wanted to talk straight up sports; and not the side of a trashy fat drunk who's contributions to the world equal the dog poop I saw along the road.

Then don't have Lang on the show. Is Buck that stupid? I don't think so. Snook nailed it on the head.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#17 : July 14, 2009, 08:20:53 PM

I think HBO had alot more to do with Artie Lange being on than Buck did; and I like Joe Buck as an announcer and at least he is not out drinking and snorting coke and putting lives at danger behind the wheel like that scumbag was.

But if you were a producer responsible fo generating viewers you would love Artie. If it wasn't for Artie the show would have not been talked about for 5 days after and the re-format and next show would not be as highly anticipated as it is now.

You fail at entertainment, the fact that Joe is a good guy won't get viewers.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#18 : July 14, 2009, 09:00:50 PM

Artie on Howard discussing the appearance on Buck. They play the entire thing and then comment.

I just listened to it. I'm not an AL fan but that was good stuff. And I think secretly, Buck loved it. Lange said that the producer told him to curse and jump in if things got boring.

What great publicity for the show.

Although, in the Overtime segment, there were a bit too many insults.

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#19 : July 14, 2009, 11:50:28 PM

The whole show that night was a complete disaster and was like having some moron make farting noises in the background while a group of people are trying to have a serious or intelligent discussion.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#20 : July 14, 2009, 11:54:13 PM

The whole show that night was a complete disaster and was like having some moron make farting noises in the background while a group of people are trying to have a serious or intelligent discussion.

Correction:

Producers invite guy known for raunchy language and being a loose canon. Then complain afterwards.

I have no doubt Lange is telling the truth when he says the producer told him it was OK to curse and to liven things up if it gets slow/boring. I've seen it before.

And from what I heard from others who watched the rest of the show, it was BORING and the only reason people are talking about the show now is because of Artie.

Snook

Hall of Famer
#21 : July 15, 2009, 06:27:08 PM

So Buck has no say as to who's on his show?

Riiiiiiight.  Buck's a **CENSORED**.  He had Artie on because he knew what he'd get... RATINGS.  And then he baby faces and acts like he's offended.

Typical Joe Buck.  All that guy does is blow Troy Aikman on Sundays in the fall and ride his daddy's coat tails.

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#22 : July 15, 2009, 10:27:59 PM

So Buck has no say as to who's on his show?

Riiiiiiight. Buck's a **CENSORED**. He had Artie on because he knew what he'd get... RATINGS. And then he baby faces and acts like he's offended.

Typical Joe Buck. All that guy does is blow Troy Aikman on Sundays in the fall and ride his daddy's coat tails.

Classy and intelligent outlook on the whole thing Snook, did you grunt and scratch your balls while typing that too.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#23 : July 15, 2009, 10:54:08 PM

Classy and intelligent outlook on the whole thing Snook, did you grunt and scratch your balls while typing that too.

You obviously have no clue about generating viewers.

Look, we're still talking about it a month later, do you think that would have happened if Artie didn't go bananas? Hell no, check your square-arse at the door and realize that this was the best thing to happen to Buck's show.

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#24 : July 15, 2009, 11:28:04 PM

Look, we're still talking about it a month later, do you think that would have happened if Artie didn't go bananas? Hell no, check your square-arse at the door and realize that this was the best thing to happen to Buck's show.

There's other ways of generating viewers without having a turd like that on.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#25 : July 16, 2009, 12:04:23 AM

Not when your show apparently sucks.

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#26 : July 16, 2009, 12:10:29 AM

Not when your show apparently sucks.

I figured Joe Buck was going to maybe try and go with a Bob Costas type of flavor or format for his show, and if so someone like an Artie Lange has no business even going near the studio for that type show.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#27 : July 16, 2009, 12:14:17 AM

That's the producer's and Buck's fault. But like I said, the producer supposedly told AL to ham it up so they knew what they were getting.

Buck is no Costas and this show will not last too long, IMO.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Artie Lange Charged With DUI « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools