Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your conferences strength? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
: July 18, 2009, 11:16:40 AM

The SEC has the most appropriately named QB in the country, Smelly at SC. Watch him play, and you'll say, "he stinks".

duanet75

Pro Bowler
#1 : July 18, 2009, 11:06:41 AM

So the strength of the ACC is the "strength of the conference"??? That makes no sense.

What positions are strong in the conference? Last year the Big 12 was strong in QBs and WRs. The SEC was strong in DL

Didnt know this thread was about certain positions. I mentioned youth especially at QB. But there is alot of talented running backs and linebackers in the ACC. But yeah i mentioned strength of conference. You wont see alot of blow outs in conference games. Last year the ACC CG came down to the final weeks of the season. I just dont see anyone running the table and not losing a conference game .

I noticed JG you mentioned defense for the SEC but you didnt mention Arkansas. Dont sleep on Petrino. He's got his gunslinger at QB. We all know he walked into a "DOGGED OUT" situation with the Falcons.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#2 : July 16, 2009, 02:46:07 PM

For the Pac-10 it has to be RB...
Every team that has good RB USC (McKnight Johnson etc), Oregon (Blount), Cal (best), OSU (Rodgers) should be in the upper half of the conference

Big 12...
QB. Bradford, MCCoy, Robinson... 3 best teams

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#3 : July 17, 2009, 11:37:59 AM

Well, I'll go waaay out on a limb and say in the SEC the strength will be defense. (ok, so palm trees don't have limbs)

UGa has a new QB but 9 returners on D, Ole, Miss still has a good front 4 even w/o Perry. LSU and defense are synonymous. Bama's D will be tough. Auburn will have a lot of 13-6 type games. UT? we'll see what Monte can do. And then there's Florida, Tebow may get all the glory, but it is the D that is the REAL star. All 11 starters returning, and don't be surprised if 3-4 Gators are day1 draft picks, all on the D side of the ball.

There are just 2 QBs in the conference. Not much in the WR dept. RBs are meh. But even the UKs and Vandys have some good defensive players.

duanet75

Pro Bowler
#4 : July 18, 2009, 09:24:39 AM

Ill rep the ACC. Im going to say youth and strength of conference. The ACC last year sent a record of 10 teams to bowl games last year. Even though they were criticized for there record in the bowl games alot of teams return alot of key players for 09. If you look at the non conference schedules for ACC teams they can make some noise in September and try to establish the conference as one of the best. Some early season game of note:
FSU @ BYU  USF@FSU
NCST vs South Carolina NCST vs PITT
WF vs Baylor and Stanford
Maryland @ Cal then vs Rutgers
VT vs Bama VT vs Nebraska
Okalhoma at UM
JMO from top to bottom the ACC is the toughest conference. Is there a team thats ready to play for a bcs title still is the question. Can UM and FSU get back to winning 10 games on a regular basis? Is Va Tech for real? How improved will Ga Tech,UNC,NCST,Clemson,FSU,and Miami? There is alot of young good QBS in the league and the ACC has quietly had more players drafted in the NFL then the rest of the conferences. We'll see 09 should be interesting.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#5 : July 18, 2009, 10:28:29 AM

So the strength of the ACC is the "strength of the conference"??? That makes no sense.

What positions are strong in the conference? Last year the Big 12 was strong in QBs and WRs. The SEC was strong in DL

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#6 : July 18, 2009, 11:37:24 AM

Ill rep the ACC. Im going to say youth and strength of conference.

duanet75

Pro Bowler
#7 : July 18, 2009, 11:54:45 AM

The SEC has the most appropriately named QB in the country, Smelly at SC. Watch him play, and you'll say, "he stinks".

Id like to hear his cheering section. Go Smelly!!! DAMMIT SMELLY YOU STINK!!!

#8 : July 19, 2009, 04:31:46 AM

No strength in Big Ten. We suck.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#9 : July 19, 2009, 10:30:09 AM

I'd say QBs, Trevor Pryor (OSU), Daryl Clark (PSU), and Juice Williams (Ill). And Rick Stanzi at Iowa is accurate as all get out.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#10 : July 19, 2009, 01:38:16 PM

I guess having a BCS team by default means strength of conference hahahaha.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#11 : July 19, 2009, 01:38:53 PM

no good LB groups? Usually the Bigten has some LB

duanet75

Pro Bowler
#12 : July 19, 2009, 04:29:37 PM

Well the pac 10 has been a 1 team league for how long?

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#13 : July 19, 2009, 08:17:00 PM

a few years

Atleast we have a 1 team

duanet75

Pro Bowler
#14 : July 19, 2009, 08:58:12 PM

a few years

Atleast we have a 1 team

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your conferences strength? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools