Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Good leagues/Cash prizes? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
: July 17, 2009, 09:22:08 PM

Can anyone post some sites where they play that have cash prizes? I've been playing on yahoo the last few years and got screwed over(came in 2nd and didn't get my pay out) this last year. Just looking for a competitive league with decent prizes. Thanks in advance people.

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#1 : July 18, 2009, 01:52:52 AM

I think ESPN has some prize leagues.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#2 : July 18, 2009, 10:13:00 AM

I commish my own league..... 18 guys, nice payout. If any locals want in, PM me for details.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#3 : July 18, 2009, 10:30:10 PM

18 team league?  Holy Cow.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#4 : July 18, 2009, 10:55:02 PM

18 team league? Holy Cow.

2 divisions.... separate drafts

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#5 : July 18, 2009, 11:41:03 PM

Interesting..

bigbuc345

Pro Bowler

#6 : July 18, 2009, 11:48:44 PM

I might consider PM me with more info

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#7 : July 19, 2009, 07:22:00 PM

The pm i received from Hate about his league.

Ive been commish of my league for 10 yrs..... it varies from year to year as to how many guys but this year, there will be 18, maybe 20. Being that we have so many, we split the league into 2 divisions and hold a separate draft for each division so the league will have 2 tom brady's, 2 adrian peterson's etc.

We draft 18 players and our lineup consists of 9.... 1 qb, 2 rbs, 2 wrs, 1 rb/wr, te, kr, def/st.

Our regular season is 13 weeks with 9 teams making the playoffs. We are limited to 5 drop/adds throughout the season, fee being $15 each. The top 3 get byes with the remains teams playing a 1 week elimination in week 14. Weeks 15-17 consists of the bye teams playing the remaining 3 in a best 2 of 3 which leaves us with a final 3. The top 2 highest scorers of the 3 go to the Superbowl with the 3 guy receiving $100(his entry fee)

Our superbowl consists of the 2 remaining guys redrafting from the playoff teams. They play a best of 3 through the 3 weeks of the playoffs. Thats where strategy comes in because you have to draft according to who you think will advance because when a team is eliminated from the playoffs, you lose that player.

Our champ receives 70% of the pot with the superbowl loser receiving 30%. Last year's winner received $1617...... 2nd received $693.

Hope that answers your questions.

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

Hate

Hall of Famer
#8 : July 19, 2009, 07:46:43 PM

thnx dude.... didn't wanna have to type that again.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#9 : July 19, 2009, 07:59:40 PM

So this is a points league, not head to head?  What's scoring? 

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#10 : July 19, 2009, 08:07:56 PM

Hate - Is your draft done online or do you all get together? Just remembered to ask that, I really would like to join but I'm in "Manhattan Kansas"!

Hate

Hall of Famer
#11 : July 19, 2009, 08:32:22 PM

we all get together man.... i have one guy that drives from Orlando and another that drives from Tallahassee. Usually do in on Labor Day.

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#12 : July 19, 2009, 11:10:39 PM

we all get together man.... i have one guy that drives from Orlando and another that drives from Tallahassee. Usually do in on Labor Day.

If I were still local I'd hit you up on that... the league sounds fun, not boring "same old." Definitely like the playoff roster deal.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#13 : July 20, 2009, 07:08:05 AM

So this is a points league, not head to head? What's scoring?

Head to head.

Typical scoring..... rushing/receiving tds 6 pts, 1 pt every 20 yds. 4 pts per td pass, 1 pt every 50yds.

-2 for ints or fumbles

def gets 1 pt per sack, 2 pts for int or fumble recovery, 10 pts for shutout, 6 pts for tds

Any more questions?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#14 : July 20, 2009, 07:11:50 AM

If I were still local I'd hit you up on that... the league sounds fun, not boring "same old." Definitely like the playoff roster deal.

Its def not the same ole.... and for the most part, its been the same guys for about 12 yrs.

Bryant, if you want in FOR SURE, lemme know. I have a few more "possibles" and don't wanna go more than 20.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Good leagues/Cash prizes? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools