Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yahoo's mock draft: Bucs pick CJ @ #4 over Thomas « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

marlevr

Second String
: February 09, 2007, 02:52:44 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=An1P8NP.dvd7XcVwsUoQU41DubYF?slug=jm-mockdraft020807&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

If this scenario plays out, I'd prefer picking Thomas. You can't use good WRs if you don't have time to throw.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 09, 2007, 02:55:27 PM

If this scenario plays out, I'd prefer picking Thomas. You can't use good WRs if you don't have time to throw.

More importantly, you can't be a balanced offense if you can't run. Thomas can help us do both, and I can't see why some can't grasp that concept.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 09, 2007, 02:56:14 PM

More importantly, you can't be a balanced offense if you can't run. Thomas can help us do both, and I can't see why some can't grasp that concept.

Damn straight!

Shag

Pro Bowler

#3 : February 09, 2007, 03:02:46 PM

Maybe Johnson is a better player. Should we draft the next best OL if Thomas is not there?

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 09, 2007, 03:08:30 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=An1P8NP.dvd7XcVwsUoQU41DubYF?slug=jm-mockdraft020807&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Ugh, no thanks. LOT > WR and the talent here has a similar grade so positional value wins.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 09, 2007, 03:08:42 PM

Maybe Johnson is a better player. Should we draft the next best OL if Thomas is not there?

Ideally, if Thomas is gone and CJ is there, we're probably in position to get the best trade offers. Not saying we will, but if we can trade down and land another early 2nd round pick while maintaining a relatively high draft slot, we can re-stock the DL and still have a shot at an OT prospect like Levi Brown. Giving us a chance to shore up the trenches in a big way..

Ideally, which usually means unlikely..

Shag

Pro Bowler

#6 : February 09, 2007, 03:11:17 PM

Ideally, if Thomas is gone and CJ is there, we're probably in position to get the best trade offers. Not saying we will, but if we can trade down and land another early 2nd round pick while maintaining a relatively high draft slot, we can re-stock the DL and still have a shot at an OT prospect like Levi Brown. Giving us a chance to shore up the trenches in a big way..

We won't trade down far enough to get Brown. He's a 10-15 player.

marlevr

Second String
#7 : February 09, 2007, 03:14:04 PM

You don't pass on CJ to draft Levi Brown later. We should only pass on CJ if Thomas is available, if not, CJ should be the pick.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 09, 2007, 03:14:47 PM

We won't trade down far enough to get Brown. He's a 10-15 player.

Well, if we trade down to 10-15, why not?

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#9 : February 09, 2007, 03:15:18 PM

I also want Thomas, but CJ can help us run too.  No more 8 and 9 man fronts with Galloway and CJ.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 09, 2007, 03:18:08 PM

You don't pass on CJ to draft Levi Brown later . We should only pass on CJ if Thomas is available, if not, CJ should be the pick.

It wouldn't be passing on CJ to draft Levi Brown later, it would be trading with somebody who covets CJ for the opportunity to add another day 1 prospect where we really need it, OL or DL. Brown would just be the OL prospect we could target if we do trade down...

But it's just one scenario...

marlevr

Second String
#11 : February 09, 2007, 03:19:08 PM

I also want Thomas, but CJ can help us run too.  No more 8 and 9 man fronts with Galloway and CJ.

It doesn't matter who you have as WR if the QB doesn't have time to throw.

Shag

Pro Bowler

#12 : February 09, 2007, 03:20:16 PM

It would take way too much for teams to trade up from 10.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 09, 2007, 03:20:56 PM

Personally, I'd rather we run by virtue of a dominant OL than a pair of fast WR's. And lack of OL will haunt you in the playoffs more than a lack of WR's..

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 09, 2007, 03:21:38 PM

It would take way too much for teams to trade up from 10.

Yea, you're probably right. I'm just throwing out ideas, really..

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yahoo's mock draft: Bucs pick CJ @ #4 over Thomas « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools