Boards > College Football Board

Upcoming home USF games.....

(1/3) > >>

oregonbucfan:

--- Quote from: dpc1192 on October 26, 2007, 12:03:55 AM ---Hahaha

I don't think so. It sounds like most of the players/ Leavitt like playing at the Ray Jay

--- End quote ---

But longterm they have to get one Id imagine for recruiting

oregonbucfan:
probably jump off the wagon. Btw just curious is there plans for a stadium of there own?

dpc1192:
Hahaha

I don't think so. It sounds like most of the players/ Leavitt like playing at the Ray Jay

dpc1192:
I think I might go to one of them, and I was just curious to you die hards out there. Do you think the crowd at the Louisville or the Cincy game will be more crazy/ which would be a better game!

I'd get a group of my friends together and we'd be in the nosebleeds raising hell hahaha

BornaBuc47:
There's a simple answer to this...Most college programs don't have access to a 1st class stadium Pro Stadium. It's that simple. UF and FSU don't. UM is going to be playing at the Dolphin's stadium soon. Right now they play in urine covered high school stadium. I'm absolutely fine with USF playing their home games at Ray Jay.

joedav01:

--- Quote from: OregonBucFan on October 26, 2007, 12:09:15 AM ---
--- Quote from: dpc1192 on October 26, 2007, 12:03:55 AM ---Hahaha

--- End quote ---
But longterm they have to get one Id imagine for recruiting

--- End quote ---

Ray Jay is actually a big recruitng tool.  It is widely recognized as one of the top 2-3 football venues in America.  Kids love getting to play in an NFL stadium.  Many of the recruits list playing at Ray Jay as one of the top reasons why they chose USF. Pitt plays in Heinz Field.  Miami plays off campus, USC, etc.. etc..

To answer the original poster's question.  Both games are going to be sold out, but when the game times are announced....if one is a night game go that one.  Night games at Ray Jay are electric.  Both games should be awesome though either way.

Bayfisher:
Why build a new stadium for the Bulls when the Bucs only use RJ eight times a years? Unless playoffs.  What college player wouldn't want to play on that field. It is rated one of the best in football like JD said. The stadium holds plenty of people. The Bucs also get a share of the proceeds. Win/win for everyone for now.  I guess it depends on how big the bandwagon gets. You know how those Tampa fans are.  ::) Always back a winner.  ::) :D

oregonbucfan:

--- Quote from: Bayfisher on October 26, 2007, 01:56:08 AM ---Why build a new stadium for the Bulls when the Bucs only use RJ eight times a years? Unless playoffs. What college player wouldn't want to play on that field. It is rated one of the best in football like JD said. The stadium holds plenty of people. The Bucs also get a share of the proceeds. Win/win for everyone for now. I guess it depends on how big the bandwagon gets. You know how those Tampa fans are. ::) Always back a winner. ::) :D

--- End quote ---

Well when I first saw USF play(1/2 years ago) on TV and saw they were playing in an NFL stadium... the first thing I thought was lower tier college program. If I was a college AD I would want a stadium to call my own where I could have green seats, my own facilities not pink seats and Bucs facilities.

Bayfisher:

--- Quote from: OregonBucFan on October 26, 2007, 02:19:52 AM ---
--- Quote from: Bayfisher on October 26, 2007, 01:56:08 AM ---Why build a new stadium for the Bulls when the Bucs only use RJ eight times a years? Unless playoffs. What college player wouldn't want to play on that field. It is rated one of the best in football like JD said. The stadium holds plenty of people. The Bucs also get a share of the proceeds. Win/win for everyone for now. I guess it depends on how big the bandwagon gets. You know how those Tampa fans are. ::) Always back a winner. ::) :D

--- End quote ---

Well when I first saw USF play(1/2 years ago) on TV and saw they were playing in an NFL stadium... the first thing I thought was lower tier college program. If I was a college AD I would want a stadium to call my own where I could have green seats, my own facilities not pink seats and Bucs facilities.

--- End quote ---
Last I checked the Bucs facilities were phenomenal.  Just like the stadium. I suppose that when we get a 100,000 person stadium with green seats the Bulls will be a real team.  One day we will hopefully get cheerleaders, tackling sleds, and everything else a real college team has. Maybe even a band.  We do have people across the nation trying to bring us down. Does that mean we are heading in the right direction?

Swolf:
Here is a great place to find all the answers to the OCS issue

http://thebullspen.com/index.php?topic=25906.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version