Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Upcoming home USF games..... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#15 : October 26, 2007, 04:51:04 PM

Why build a new stadium for the Bulls when the Bucs only use RJ eight times a years? Unless playoffs. What college player wouldn't want to play on that field. It is rated one of the best in football like JD said. The stadium holds plenty of people. The Bucs also get a share of the proceeds. Win/win for everyone for now. I guess it depends on how big the bandwagon gets. You know how those Tampa fans are. ::) Always back a winner. ::) :D

Well when I first saw USF play(1/2 years ago) on TV and saw they were playing in an NFL stadium... the first thing I thought was lower tier college program. If I was a college AD I would want a stadium to call my own where I could have green seats, my own facilities not pink seats and Bucs facilities.
Last I checked the Bucs facilities were phenomenal. Just like the stadium. I suppose that when we get a 100,000 person stadium with green seats the Bulls will be a real team. One day we will hopefully get cheerleaders, tackling sleds, and everything else a real college team has. Maybe even a band. We do have people across the nation trying to bring us down. Does that mean we are heading in the right direction?

No actually you dont need 100K most programs dont, the team I cheer for has a 54K stadium... Im not trying to bring them down Im just sayin, hey maybe with a good year there is talk about a stadium because every top 25 team I can think of have a stadium to themself not one shared, and I just asked the question but some of you USF fans are way to defensive over a basic question

RJS is a great recruiting tool.  So the on campus stadium isn't necessary there.  The cost to rent is far less than the cost to build.  So there is no relief there.  The stadium holds over 65,000 people so there is no need there.  Basically there really is not a need to build a stadium at this time.  They are discussing it, but as can be seen by the post above the time line is not set and not soon.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 26, 2007, 04:56:54 PM

I just asked the question but some of you USF fans are way to defensive over a basic question

OBF, the ocs is a hot button topic for lots of USf fans. There has been lots of whining from a minority of USF fans about how we HAVE to have an on campus stadium to be a legit program ..... which is total bull**CENSORED**. There are other athletic projects that need to be addressed first before we even think about an ocs. The post by swolf pretty much spells it all out.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 26, 2007, 06:16:51 PM

I just asked the question but some of you USF fans are way to defensive over a basic question

OBF, the ocs is a hot button topic for lots of USf fans. There has been lots of whining from a minority of USF fans about how we HAVE to have an on campus stadium to be a legit program ..... which is total bull**CENSORED**. There are other athletic projects that need to be addressed first before we even think about an ocs. The post by swolf pretty much spells it all out.

well if Im a fan I would want my own stadium. Doesnt mean you arent a leit program. But if Im a fan I would want something that we own. I personally dont care USF isnt my team just was curious

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 26, 2007, 06:30:52 PM

well if Im a fan I would want my own stadium. Doesnt mean you arent a leit program. But if Im a fan I would want something that we own. I personally dont care USF isnt my team just was curious

I think all of us want one eventually, it's just there quite a few things we need first ....

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 26, 2007, 06:37:10 PM

I think all of us want one eventually, it's just there quite a few things we need first ....

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 26, 2007, 09:31:03 PM

Number one priority, at least according to Leavitt, is a football dining hall.... Baseball and softball stadiums that are better than local middle schools... Sun Dome, our 25 yr old basketball arena, needs to be renovated ....
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Upcoming home USF games..... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools