Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hypothetical question? If Gruden Wins next year... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

mrwycka

Second String

: February 09, 2007, 03:02:58 PM

Hey everybody!
I'm so sick of hearing about all the Gruden bashing and Tony Lovefest.
I'm a Buc Fan. I support the team and I support our head coach , not Indy's head coach who is really Tom Moore.  So my question is what will all of these Gruden Bashers say next year if the Bucs win more and go deep into the playoffs.  I will still support our coach no matter what happens.  Will there be enough crow to go around?
Go Bucs!
Thanks

#1 : February 09, 2007, 03:06:11 PM

I wasn't around in 2005 but I imagine the Gruden love was overwhelming...it's mainly noobs who complain about Jon Gruden constantly, most of us can see the difference between horrible coaching and horrible circumustances.

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#2 : February 09, 2007, 03:08:15 PM

Most of the fans I talk to that sat in the stands back in the 80s and know what bad coaching is are the main ones that want Gruden gone.  There is a difference is having a bad year and being almost dead last in offensive performance. I think it will take a playoff win to save Gruden's job.

#3 : February 09, 2007, 03:16:02 PM

Most of the fans I talk to that sat in the stands back in the 80s and know what bad coaching is are the main ones that want Gruden gone.  There is a difference is having a bad year and being almost dead last in offensive performance. I think it will take a playoff win to save Gruden's job.
There is a difference between being healthy and being injury plagued...also please don't comment on Gru's job, you obviously hate the man for no damn good reason.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#4 : February 09, 2007, 03:46:42 PM

Most of the fans I talk to knew the bucs didn't have a b/u qb going into the year, and Simms had to stay healthy and produce or the season with the 2nd hardest schedule in the NFL was gonna be a bust.  They even knew the bucs couldn't find a b/u they could affort that could be considered decent.  Guess the folks I talk to should get with the folks you talk to ...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#5 : February 09, 2007, 04:36:33 PM

Maybe we should--then have a few beers and reminisce about the good old days in Tampa.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 09, 2007, 04:41:56 PM

They even knew the bucs couldn't find a b/u they could affort that could be considered decent.  Guess the folks I talk to should get with the folks you talk to ...

Au contraie, we had a veteran backup on the bench. We just stupidly chose to hand the keys to the car to a rookie R6 player. The folks you talk to need to wake up and smell the bay because the problem last year wasn't not having a QB but which QB(s) we chose to play and which one we didn't. That's why last year was so friggin' terrible.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#7 : February 09, 2007, 04:47:32 PM

Simms/Rattay/Grads...that is the new depth chart starting next year.  Unless FA 1a --  Garcia, comes in...

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#8 : February 09, 2007, 04:50:52 PM

I would actually be happy if Garcia did come in.  I think his expertise in the WCO would be very valuable to a young guy like Gradkowski.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 09, 2007, 04:52:02 PM

The problem has more to do with the severe lows among the great highs. If he makes the play-offs next year and has success in them, great! But, having success followed by failure over and over again isn't a positive in this league. That would be the telling sign of how long he will continue with this team.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#10 : February 09, 2007, 05:15:13 PM

What are you talking about?

blitz

Pro Bowler
#11 : February 09, 2007, 06:41:10 PM

That's not what the Glazers and Allen are telling Jon. 

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#12 : February 09, 2007, 07:02:26 PM

Dal, you're being silly now. Did you really want to go 6-10 instead of 4-12 and ruin our draft spot because no way another QB would have made more of a difference than one or two games....?

In Verner We Trust

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#13 : February 09, 2007, 07:03:27 PM

What are you Gruden huggers going to say if we have another losing season?
The 11-5 season was such a fluke, Caddy went off, and no one was ready for a Gruden team to throw 30 and 40 yard bombs for completions, not the way we have been playing since he has gotten here.
The main differance between the Bucs and the Colts coaching, is Dungy is a Head coach with a real OC and a real DC and even a real GM. On the other hand the Bucs have a HC/OC/GM all in one guy, Allen just runs the numbers and makes the deals, Gruden chooses the talent and calls the shots.
Gruden is the slash of coaching and about as good on his own as the origional slash who I think has been deligated to being on Joe's Vs. Pro's...
I don't have Love for the Colt's, but you brought up the Dungy Gruden thing and the fact is we  had one loosing season under Dungy & 3 under Gruden. A SB is only good for one season, and we all know Gruden was not even calling all the shots in 02 anyway. I think when the defense puts up as many point's as the team you are playing a win is pretty much a lock....
Oh and Dungy didn't even have nearly the offensive talent we currently have.
Dungy is flat out the better coach and Gruden is the better Coordinator, Gruden bashes his young QB's and the players don't trust him and I never hear them talk about him in the same regard that they spoke of Dungy. Dungy is a class act, Gruden is a used car salesman.

Gruden/McCay = Super Bowl
Gruden/Allen = a fluke 11-5 season, a 5-11 and a 4-12 season

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#14 : February 09, 2007, 07:22:18 PM

They even knew the bucs couldn't find a b/u they could affort that could be considered decent. Guess the folks I talk to should get with the folks you talk to ...

Au contraie, we had a veteran backup on the bench. We just stupidly chose to hand the keys to the car to a rookie R6 player. The folks you talk to need to wake up and smell the bay because the problem last year wasn't not having a QB but which QB(s) we chose to play and which one we didn't. That's why last year was so friggin' terrible.
  There was a veteran qb on the bench, the adjective decent is I suppose up for debate.  Won't defend the club for not having a decent qb, they didn't - unless there is really a gleam in someone's eye that Rattay was gonna lead the bucs somewhere north of six and ten.  Clearly winning four is worse, but now we are talking degrees of suckage.  Not much of a difference. 

I do love au contraire.  Gonna use that here someday.  Always hated pleathora. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hypothetical question? If Gruden Wins next year... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools