Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hypothetical question? If Gruden Wins next year... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

spartan

Hall of Famer
#15 : February 09, 2007, 07:37:53 PM

For those who hate Gruden I think it is somewhat of a legitimate argument to say it was optimistic at the least thinking that Simms would be healthy for the entire season and our QB depth was not to be envied. But, I don't think that anybody in their right mind anticipated how bad he would start the year, especially after last years performances, and that he would be gone for over half the season. I guess the FO thought they could live with 2 or 3 weeks of injury but then he comes back. Not too unreasonable IMO. How many teams have the good fortune of having 2 quality starting QB's on their rosta? Maybe ours was weaker than most, but all the same hindsight is always 20/20. It was a gamble I guess that was heavily influenced by the lack of money to do anything about it.

I must confess that I do not feel comfortable at all with the QB depth we have right now. I don't think we have a legitimate starter let alone anything else. It is scary and I really hope something is done about it in the off season. No, something NEEDS to be done about it in the off season.

#16 : February 09, 2007, 08:02:51 PM

Spartan brings up a good point, not many here if at all anticipated Simms shooting for the toilet out of the gate this year.  Where the wind blows on that I guess.

Was the 05 season a fluke? Perhaps, but to some degree it still counts as a winning season.  Gruden doesn't get a free pass in my book if another year is shot again.  There are obviously a lot of issues on this team, including questions about this defense, subpar offense (Clayton MIA, hurt, etc.)  et al.  I hoping that Gruden turns it around, because he is still here and I don't like losing.  We have cap space finally, so I would think that while we may not be world burners for next year, it is atleast starting to swing back into the right direction for things whether Gruden and co. are still here or not.

jsunm73

Pro Bowler

#17 : February 09, 2007, 08:15:55 PM

i love dungy as a fellow christan and hat he represents.however he is no longer tampa's coach.gruden is and i support him fully.i do admire some other players and coaches but the bucs are my team first and last.i do pull for the steelers in the afc but they come a far second to my bucs.however i as happy for dungy but would rather it was tampa on the podium accepting the trophy this year.i fully believe gruden with allen's help with lead us back to the promise land once again real soon.gruden as a man is definately not really cuddly or loveable but has my respect.

mrwycka

Second String

#18 : February 10, 2007, 08:59:38 AM

nice responce jsunm73

19bucs19

Second String

#19 : February 10, 2007, 10:18:39 AM

O.k. my opinion on the Gruden vs Dungy is this, we are all bucs fans (well most of us) and there are the ones who support our Current head coach (Gruden) and others who still dwell in the past (dungy) maybe it is time for a coaching change, but i don't get why anyone would as a bucs fan love it when john gruden has a bad season.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#20 : February 10, 2007, 10:37:42 AM

Dal, you're being silly now. Did you really want to go 6-10 instead of 4-12 and ruin our draft spot because no way another QB would have made more of a difference than one or two games....?

So you think Gruden was playing for a draft pick after 3 games? Really? Wow, well I guess three games is the point where I'd run up the white flag too.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

joedav01

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 10, 2007, 12:17:39 PM

What are you Gruden huggers going to say if we have another losing season?
The 11-5 season was such a fluke, Caddy went off, and no one was ready for a Gruden team to throw 30 and 40 yard bombs for completions, not the way we have been playing since he has gotten here.
The main differance between the Bucs and the Colts coaching, is Dungy is a Head coach with a real OC and a real DC and even a real GM. On the other hand the Bucs have a HC/OC/GM all in one guy, Allen just runs the numbers and makes the deals, Gruden chooses the talent and calls the shots.
Gruden is the slash of coaching and about as good on his own as the origional slash who I think has been deligated to being on Joe's Vs. Pro's...
I don't have Love for the Colt's, but you brought up the Dungy Gruden thing and the fact is we  had one loosing season under Dungy & 3 under Gruden. A SB is only good for one season, and we all know Gruden was not even calling all the shots in 02 anyway. I think when the defense puts up as many point's as the team you are playing a win is pretty much a lock....
Oh and Dungy didn't even have nearly the offensive talent we currently have.
Dungy is flat out the better coach and Gruden is the better Coordinator, Gruden bashes his young QB's and the players don't trust him and I never hear them talk about him in the same regard that they spoke of Dungy. Dungy is a class act, Gruden is a used car salesman.

Gruden/McCay = Super Bowl
Gruden/Allen = a fluke 11-5 season, a 5-11 and a 4-12 season

You really should subscribe to Pewter Report.  It would help you look like much less of an idiot.

#22 : February 10, 2007, 12:51:42 PM

If he wins and wins BIG, then you'd have to consider keeping him around.

#23 : February 10, 2007, 12:56:34 PM

The 11-5 season was such a fluke, Caddy went off, and no one was ready for a Gruden team to throw 30 and 40 yard bombs for completions, not the way we have been playing since he has gotten here.
The main differance between the Bucs and the Colts coaching, is Dungy is a Head coach with a real OC and a real DC and even a real GM. On the other hand the Bucs have a HC/OC/GM all in one guy, Allen just runs the numbers and makes the deals, Gruden chooses the talent and calls the shots.
Gruden is the slash of coaching and about as good on his own as the origional slash who I think has been deligated to being on Joe's Vs. Pro's...
I don't have Love for the Colt's, but you brought up the Dungy Gruden thing and the fact is we had one loosing season under Dungy & 3 under Gruden. A SB is only good for one season, and we all know Gruden was not even calling all the shots in 02 anyway. I think when the defense puts up as many point's as the team you are playing a win is pretty much a lock....
Dungy is flat out the better coach and Gruden is the better Coordinator, Gruden bashes his young QB's and the players don't trust him and I never hear them talk about him in the same regard that they spoke of Dungy. Dungy is a class act, Gruden is a used car salesman.

You really should subscribe to Pewter Report.It would help you look like much less of an idiot.
SR and JF are good, but they're not miracle workers.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#24 : February 10, 2007, 01:30:19 PM

I don't have Love for the Colt's, but you brought up the Dungy Gruden thing and the fact is we  had one loosing season under Dungy & 3 under Gruden. A SB is only good for one season, and we all know Gruden was not even calling all the shots in 02 anyway. I think when the defense puts up as many point's as the team you are playing a win is pretty much a lock....

You pick and chose you facts to support your opinion. The lack of talent and depth and the cap space, is largely on Rich McKay's shoulders. If Dungy had not been fired the record would have been much worse and we all would still be yearning just to reach the SB, forget about winning one. Dungy won his Lombardi because of the pathetic performance of Wrecks Grossman and the because Jim Mora Sr. picked Peyton Manning over Ryan Leaf. The better coach won our Lombardi with Brad Johnson. I seriously doubt that any other coach could have done that. Dungy couldn't manage a single TD against Philly, or the Rams.The better coach has beaten the fleagles the last three times we have played them and beaten the Rams in their own house.

It took eleven years and nine playoffs for Dungy to get where he is, and he only won this time because the Patriots got weaker. Gruden took an incomplete team to a league championship because the team stayed healthy. He got them to the playoffs in '05 when everyone said they would finish last. Give him a healthy team and they will compete. Give him decent talent and he will win , and it won't take eleven years.

XXXVII Champs

Second String

#25 : February 10, 2007, 01:36:34 PM

If the TEAM wins under Gruden, great!  If the TEAM doesn't win under him, he must be replaced.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#26 : February 10, 2007, 04:25:36 PM

Most poster on this site would still support and want Gruden here even if we don't win, so does it matter? 

Don't drink the kool-aid

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#27 : February 10, 2007, 04:27:16 PM

if we turn it around and the team starts looking more solid, he wont lose his job, its not all his fault this team sucks

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#28 : February 10, 2007, 09:20:46 PM

if we turn it around and the team starts looking more solid, he wont lose his job, its not all his fault this team sucks
Huh?? Who's is it?

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#29 : February 10, 2007, 09:49:41 PM

Oh Geez Karen are you getting Oldtimers? 

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hypothetical question? If Gruden Wins next year... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools