Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF Kicker takes a fall « previous next »
Page: 1

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
: July 19, 2009, 12:03:46 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4339343

South Florida kicker Maikon Bonani has been hospitalized after falling 35 feet from the Skyride at Busch Gardens in Tampa, Fla.

Nursing supervisor Janelle Hoskins told The St. Petersburg Times that Bonani was in fair condition.

"Our entire program is praying for Maikon and happy that the injury was not life-threatening," coach Jim Leavitt said in a statement. "I was able to visit him [Saturday]. He's in pain, but doing fine and resting."

The 20-year-old sophomore was working as an attendant for the ride Saturday. According to a release from the park, after the ride left the station, Bonani believed the door of the car might be unlocked and held onto it to check it. He was able to hold on for about 50 feet before he let go -- where he was approximately 35 feet above the ground.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#1 : July 19, 2009, 12:31:54 PM

Good thing he didn't drop in the tiger exhibit.   Hope he's alright

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#2 : July 19, 2009, 01:39:47 PM

hope he gets better... I thought this story would be about the kicker falling after whiffing on a kick or something

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#3 : July 20, 2009, 07:02:46 PM

let go of the stupid ride before you leave that station.  Good lord!  I hope he is ok...

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF Kicker takes a fall « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools