Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "So You Don't Go To Church Anymore" « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 22 23 24

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#345 : August 18, 2009, 10:47:25 AM

Jesus H Christ, just STHU already...This guy just blabbers on and on and on and on and on...HE WILL NEVER HEAR ANY OTHER ARGUMENT, save for his own stupid religion.  He's the worst kind of ignorant.  Willfully so.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#346 : August 18, 2009, 11:12:15 AM

Jesus H Christ, just STHU already...This guy just blabbers on and on and on and on and on...HE WILL NEVER HEAR ANY OTHER ARGUMENT, save for his own stupid religion.  He's the worst kind of ignorant.  Willfully so.

Are you still here? I was responding to my friend BucsBullsBolts - why are you talking?

I think you may be swerving into the point, you're demonstrating taking this "man as God" thing a little too far (when Nietzsche was talking about the Uber Mensche - you weren't exactly what he had in mind...). It's hard to make someone do something you hate, you can ask them, but it's really just up to them...or you...

If you have nothing left to say, stop inciting, ridiculing, egging-on, etc., and the mean ol' Christians will just go away.

Besides, you're the only one throwing a canniption -

Incomparable sig by Incognito

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#347 : August 18, 2009, 11:25:12 AM

Jesus H Christ, just STHU already...This guy just blabbers on and on and on and on and on...HE WILL NEVER HEAR ANY OTHER ARGUMENT, save for his own stupid religion. He's the worst kind of ignorant. Willfully so.

Are you still here? I was responding to my friend BucsBullsBolts - why are you talking?

I think you may be swerving into the point, you're demonstrating taking this "man as God" thing a little too far (when Nietzsche was talking about the Uber Mensche - you weren't exactly what he had in mind...). It's hard to make someone do something you hate, you can ask them, but it's really just up to them...or you...

If you have nothing left to say, stop inciting, ridiculing, egging-on, etc., and the mean ol' Christians will just go away.

Besides, you're the only one throwing a canniption -

Another paragraph from WT that no one will read.  Score!

bucsense

Practice Squad

#348 : August 18, 2009, 11:38:38 AM

Wow Moj.....stop throwing those canniptions dude....come on down to the Penisula for next season's "Mullet Toss".......

Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,............

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#349 : August 18, 2009, 02:41:30 PM

Nietzsche, Adolph, Vlad, Joseph, and Mao all say hi - they're keeping a spot warm for you guys!

You, crazy supermen you...

Incomparable sig by Incognito

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#350 : August 21, 2009, 11:19:43 AM

how fitting:

Why Go to Church?

If you're spiritually alive, you're going to love this!

If you're spiritually dead, you won't want to read it.

If you're spiritually curious, there is still hope!

A Churchgoer wrote a letter to the editor of a newspaper and complained that it made no sense to go to church every Sunday.

"I've gone for 30 years now," he wrote, "and in that time I have heard something like 3,000 sermons. But for the life of me, I can't remember a single one of them. So, I think I'm wasting my time and the pastors are wasting theirs by giving sermons at all."

This started a real controversy in the "Letters to the Editor" column, much to the delight of the editor.

It went on for weeks until someone wrote this clincher:

"I've been married for 30 years now. In that time my wife has cooked some 32,000 meals. But, for the life of me, I cannot recall the entire menu for a single one of those meals. But I do know this. They all nourished me and gave me the strength I needed to do my work.... If my wife had not given me these meals, I would be physically dead today.

Likewise, if I had not gone to church for nourishment, I would be spiritually dead today!" When you are DOWN to nothing.... God is UP to something!  Faith sees the invisible, believes the incredible and receives the impossible! Thank God for our physical AND our spiritual nourishment!"

"When Satan is knocking at your door, simply say, "Jesus, could you get that for me

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#351 : August 21, 2009, 03:08:39 PM

"When Satan is knocking at your door, simply say, "Jesus, could you get that for me

It's interesting how some types of conservatives **CENSORED** and moan about people taking responsibility for their own lives, not relying on others to do it for them yet they uphold this type of thinking ..... Maybe it's just me but that seems to be a tad hypocritical.

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

#352 : August 21, 2009, 04:40:34 PM

It's interesting how some types of conservatives dog and moan about people taking responsibility for their own lives, not relying on others to do it for them yet they uphold this type of thinking ..... Maybe it's just me but that seems to be a tad hypocritical.

It's not just you, it's some types of yous that see it that way.

When I am tempted to have a cigarette I crush that temptation by putting my faith in the power of what my granddaughter means to me. Does this mean that I relinquish my own reponsibility in dealing with temptation and that my granddaughter is doing the work  for me?

This is a whole lot different then falling back upon government subsistance when with a little more effort, or even a little more faith in something to give them the will, one could break free of the bonds of welfare.

Faith and willpower is like training wheels, you still have to be the one to peddle.

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#353 : August 22, 2009, 01:04:10 AM

Wow Moj.....stop throwing those canniptions dude....come on down to the Penisula for next season's "Mullet Toss".......

I am completely and utterly offended by your post. Never have I read or seen something so disturbing!!!

First off, when properly cooked, the mullet is a fine and tasty fish deserving of far more respect than you have given it.

Secondly, your first video link had nary a single mullet tossed, just some chick yakkin' on and on about her hillbilly vacation.

Next, your second video is clearly some amateur event, because any self respecting Floridian knows that the proper way to throw a mullet isn't to fold it, but to throw it head first while getting a spiral on it like a football. You gotta put your fingers along the dorsal fin give it a little spin as you release it.

Also, those mullets in the 2nd video were clearly small and inferior throwin mullets. With a decent SW Fla mullet in the 14-18" range a good mullet tosser can easily get off a 40-50 yard toss.   

Your complete lack of respect for the very fine and noble "Floridian chicken of the sea" is unacceptable and I find you contemptible unless you can redeem yourself by throwing a 10' mullet net and getting a perfect pancake throw.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#354 : August 22, 2009, 09:49:33 AM

Conniption - just because it is a favorite word of mine...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

bucsense

Practice Squad

#355 : August 22, 2009, 11:26:51 AM

I am completely and utterly offended by your post. Never have I read or seen something so disturbing!!!

First off, when properly cooked, the mullet is a fine and tasty fish deserving of far more respect than you have given it.

Secondly, your first video link had nary a single mullet tossed, just some chick yakkin' on and on about her hillbilly vacation.

Next, your second video is clearly some amateur event, because any self respecting Floridian knows that the proper way to throw a mullet isn't to fold it, but to throw it head first while getting a spiral on it like a football. You gotta put your fingers along the dorsal fin give it a little spin as you release it.

Also, those mullets in the 2nd video were clearly small and inferior throwin mullets. With a decent SW Fla mullet in the 14-18" range a good mullet tosser can easily get off a 40-50 yard toss.

Your complete lack of respect for the very fine and noble "Floridian chicken of the sea" is unacceptable and I find you contemptible unless you can redeem yourself by throwing a 10' mullet net and getting a perfect pancake throw.

Challenge accepted.........Mullet nets are easy, with all that weight and open mesh..........How 'bout a 10' baitnet JG.....with 3/8" mesh............I'll bet my best baitcaster against your best spincaster(K-Mart special)..............ha,ha,ha,ha................

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

#356 : August 22, 2009, 03:57:44 PM

I'm sure you could get Ted Peter's to sponsor said challenge, of course they'll keep half the catch and smoke up the rest.

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.
Page: 1 ... 22 23 24
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "So You Don't Go To Church Anymore" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools