Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Thoughts on Shanahan.... « previous next »
Page: 1

David4ROTY

Starter

: July 21, 2009, 03:29:54 AM

There's no way of telling.  Though I'll tell you this, if we had shanny this year, we'd more than likely have Cutler as well ;)

calibucfan15

Starter

#1 : July 21, 2009, 03:27:25 AM

So word is Shanahan wants to coach again in 2010. I'm a Raheem fan and hope he's the coach for years to come. I'm sure there are several others on here who would love to have Shanahan...figured i'd throw this out there for the sake of argument. Had Shanny been hired instead of Raheem would this team be that much better than projected in just this 1 season?

calibucfan15

Starter

#2 : July 21, 2009, 03:42:00 AM

Not necessarily. It would seem logical but thinking deeper into the situation (maybe overthinking it), perhaps Mcdaniels still would have been appointed coach of Denver but would he really want to give up his Qb to the very guy who drafted him in the 1st place? I knkow Tampa and Denver aren't in the same division, let alone the same conference, but would you really wanna help another franchise suceed at your own expense?

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#3 : July 21, 2009, 04:13:57 AM

Shanahan + Cutler = 8-8 and no playoffs. No thank you.

bait619

Starter

#4 : July 21, 2009, 04:28:16 AM

Shanahan never really did anything without Elway did he?  Always a middling team, talented but neveer good enough to make a real Super Bowl run

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#5 : July 21, 2009, 07:15:41 AM

My concern about Shanahan is the same thing I hated about Gruden: excuses. Every time something went south in Denver, it was always someone else's fault. Shanahan had final say over all personnel, yet fired his "GM" every other year because Shanahan kept picking crappy players. Every time the defense sucked, Shanahan would fire the latest defensive coordinator who was the savior 6 months earlier.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#6 : July 21, 2009, 02:18:15 PM

I think the only reason Gruden was fired was to promote Morris, so I don't think the Bucs even considered Shanahan anyway.

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#7 : July 21, 2009, 02:22:52 PM

I don't know. both gru and Shanahan both had December meltdowns. Who knows maybe our offense would have been better and we might have gotten a QB for the future; but on the flip side our defense might suffer. I always believed that if you rebuild a team do it with a fresh coach not a rethread.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Thoughts on Shanahan.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools