Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Deja Vu « previous next »
Page: 1 2

JoshJohnson11

Hall of Famer

#15 : July 21, 2009, 05:03:47 PM

He was hesitant on his runs for the most part.  He anticipated the hits and scrunched up.
I don't exactly agree with that. I think he did well running the ball. You can't expect him to put his shoulder down after a serious injury like that. I'd be a little gun shy to.

Actually.....I do expect him to put his shoulder down.   He needs to learn to protect those knees at some point in his career.     It would do him some good to sit back and watch how EG hits a hole fast and hard then lowers the head and pushed forward.    If he stopped prancing and dancing behind the LOS he'd be one heck of a good back.   He's got the lateral movement already, he just needs to learn the down hill running style.
EG did that and look at what happened to his knee.

Please leave your message after the beep.BEEP!!!

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#16 : July 21, 2009, 05:28:01 PM

He was hesitant on his runs for the most part.  He anticipated the hits and scrunched up.
I don't exactly agree with that. I think he did well running the ball. You can't expect him to put his shoulder down after a serious injury like that. I'd be a little gun shy to.

Actually.....I do expect him to put his shoulder down.   He needs to learn to protect those knees at some point in his career.     It would do him some good to sit back and watch how EG hits a hole fast and hard then lowers the head and pushed forward.    If he stopped prancing and dancing behind the LOS he'd be one heck of a good back.   He's got the lateral movement already, he just needs to learn the down hill running style.
EG did that and look at what happened to his knee.

Injuries happen....especially at the running back position.    A back is far less likely to get injured though running like Graham then like Caddy.     Well when it comes to the knees and other areas close to that.    If you can't understand that and why then you've never played football. 

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Deja Vu « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools