Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I-pod spontaneous combustion? It is true. « previous next »
Page: 1

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
: July 21, 2009, 08:37:09 PM

http://www.kirotv.com/money/20089894/detail.html

And I own one of these...love it to death.  Hope it is not smoldering in my car right now.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#1 : July 21, 2009, 08:49:26 PM

Laptops have the same problem.  I remember one caught fire on a plane during flight.  It is just a byproduct of needing high power from a small battery.  If I remember right, Sony also had a problem with camcorder batteries.  Something to do with the metal used inside the battery.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2 : July 21, 2009, 09:01:02 PM

Laptops have the same problem.  I remember one caught fire on a plane during flight.  It is just a byproduct of needing high power from a small battery.  If I remember right, Sony also had a problem with camcorder batteries.  Something to do with the metal used inside the battery.
You would think the little I-pods would not require a great deal of power consumption, however...of course, with nano technology, it is most likely true.

I do not own the Nano, I actually own one of the smaller ones that was just released...but does get a little hot sometimes...hmmm...

#3 : July 21, 2009, 09:03:19 PM

Only have the bigger video ipod. Never had any problems with it heating up.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#4 : July 21, 2009, 09:13:53 PM

Reminds me of Fight Club where the guy's job is to determine the financial impact of issuing a recall vs buying off lawsuits

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I-pod spontaneous combustion? It is true. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools