Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Oh god Now SI.com thinks detroit could be leaning towards CJ « previous next »
Page: 1

dm4bucs

Starter
: March 02, 2007, 08:50:35 AM

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/don_banks/03/01/broncos.lions.trade/index.html

That will be great to see them take another wr in the first round...even if CJ is a freak, it's only one position on a football team...

BucLord

Starter

#1 : March 02, 2007, 09:49:43 AM

I saw Garcia's short interview on ESPN and they mentioned the Raiders and he said he would welcome the opportunity to go back to the bay area which is where he's from. I'm hearing the Raiders are the front runners for Garcia. If that happens, then the Raiders wont take a QB. From what I've read Al Davis really likes Walter alot and feels he was a victim of poor coaching from Shell and Walsh the OC who ran a bed & breakfast and was out of football for 10 years before becoming the OC. Both QB's Walter an Brooks were getting killed, which is a pretty good indication that it wasnt just 1 QB but the system they had. Raider fans think Lane Kiffin will really turn that offense around and do more short passing WC offense type plays so they arent always taking 7 step drops and getting sacked.

If Oakland signs Garcia, you can pretty much make it a lock the Raiders will take Calvin Johnson, even if they dont move Moss.

I'm hoping we stay at 4 and takeb Quinn

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

SCBUCFAN

Pro Bowler

#2 : March 02, 2007, 09:28:24 AM

I see Detroit or Cleveland swapping spots with Arizona so they can grab Thomas.  I really don't see anyone trading up for CJ and anyone who would want to would have to give up too much to get there.  Arizona would love to leapfrog us and grab Thomas and Cleveland could grab Peterson after us.  Detroit would love to slide down to 5 and grab the best defensive player on the board and grab a couple extra picks.  I just don't see Thomas sliding to us at 4.  If CJ goes anywhere in the top three I think it would be to Oakland just because their draft picks typically go against common sense.      

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 02, 2007, 09:23:02 AM

There's no way Det takes another WR no matter how highly touted. it's not going to happen, I'd bet the mortgage on it.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 02, 2007, 09:16:50 AM

Detroit wants to move down. They're trying to drum up a trade.

dm4bucs

Starter
#5 : March 02, 2007, 09:16:25 AM

I agree curt, CJ's workout was the best thing for the people that want JT, b/c with all these teams supposedly trying to trade up for CJ that will most likely mean JT will slide since cleveland won't pass on Peterson (i believe)...but all is based on Oakland not taking CJ.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 02, 2007, 09:08:49 AM

I think this is a smokescreen.

They have Roy Williams and Mike Furrey (last years #1 and #2 WR's) under contract with strong rumors that the Lions are pursuing Kevin Curtis.

Probably, but either way, if Russell is gone at one, Det or Cleveland will undoubtedly be fielding calls for the CJ sweepstakes, so it is unlikely he falls to us.  The good news is that Thomas just might. 

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 02, 2007, 08:52:17 AM

I think this is a smokescreen.

They have Roy Williams and Mike Furrey (last years #1 and #2 WR's) under contract with strong rumors that the Lions are pursuing Kevin Curtis.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Oh god Now SI.com thinks detroit could be leaning towards CJ « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools