Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: draftinsiders.com is a joke apparently « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

« : February 09, 2007, 07:42:36 PM »

1. Oakland - 2-14 -  * Calvin Johnson           WR      6-4, 235           Georgia Tech
   Raiders sitting in Black Hole with top pick and Al likes the impact offensive guys.

2. Detroit - 3-13 -  Joe Thomas                    OT       6-7, 310           Wisconsin
   Lions must find a way to protect their QB whoever he will be next season.

x - 3. Cleveland - 4-12 - Brady Quinn                   QB       6-4, 230            Notre Dame
   Browns are not 100% sold on Charlie Frye and Quinn would be almost impossible to pass on here.

x - 4. Tampa Bay - 4-12  - * JaMarcus Russell    QB    6-6, 255    LSU
    Bucs are hoping for big play receiver or left tackle here. Russell would be fine addition.

5. Arizona - 5-11 - * Jamaal Anderson        DE     6-6, 255    Arkansas
    Cardinals are always looking for DL and Anderson is a blue chip prospect.

6. Washington - 5-11 - * Ted Ginn                       WR      6-0, 180           Ohio St
    Redskins offense needs a premier playmaker and Ginn can strike from anywhere.

7. Minnesota - 6-10 -  * Alan Branch               DT       6-5, 330            Michigan
   Vikings will anchor their talented front four with this stud tackle if available.   

8. Houston - 6-10 -  * Adrian Peterson           RB       6-1, 220           Oklahoma
  Texans offense would love this feature back to balance their offense.

9. Miami - 6-10 - Leon Hall                          CB        5-11,195          Michigan
    Dolphins pass defense has some holes and a top cover man would address a problem area.

10. Atlanta - 7-9 - * Lawrence Timmons        LB     6-3, 230        Florida St.
   Falcons defense failed over second half and speed is a premium in this draft class.

11. San Francisco - 7-9 -  * Dwayne Jarrett       WR      6-5, 210           USC
    49ers young QB Alex Smith needs a playmaker to take the next step up.

12. Buffalo - 7-9 - Levi Brown              OT     6-5, 325     Penn St.
   Bills have been vulnerable on the edge for a decade.

13. St. Louis - 8-8 -  * Sidney Rice        WR    6-1, 190    South Carolina
    Rams will probably lose veteran Kevin Curtis in free agency.

14. Carolina - 8-8 - Gaines Adams                DE       6-4, 265           Clemson
     Panthers look to their changing front four with replacement for Michael Rucker in this class.

15. Pittsburgh - 8-8 - Paul Posluszny                LB        6-1, 235           Penn St
     Steelers showing age on their backer unit in particular and Poluszny could be an early NFL starter.

16. Green Bay - 8-8 - Adam Carriker                 DE         6-5, 280            Nebraska
   Packers defense needs a stud pass rusher and Carriker is flying up the charts.

17. Jacksonville - 8-8 - LaRon Landry                 FS       6-2, 205           LSU
    Jaguars are looking for impact defender in secondary and Landry would be an early starter. 

18. Cincinnati - 8-8 -  * Zach Miller                 TE        6-5, 260           Arizona St
   Bengals looking to give QB Carson Palmer a big play weapon in the middle.

19. Tennessee - 8-8 -   * Reggie Nelson            FS          6-1, 190           Florida
    Titans defense looking to add a playmaker in their disappointing secondary.

20. N. Y. Giants - 8-8 - Michael Griffin               SS         6-0, 200           Texas
   G-Men have major problems in the secondary.

21. Denver - 9-7 - Aaron Ross                     CB        6-0, 195            Texas
   Broncos will look to add a top corner after Darrent Williams tragedy.

22. Dallas - 9-7 - * Robert Meachem           WR         6-2, 205        Tennessee
   Boys must prepare for any TO meltdown and Meachem gives Tony Romo a fine deep threat.

23. Kansas City - 9-7 - Amobi Okoye                  DT          6-2, 290            Louisville
   Chiefs are looking to this guy to light a fire on disappointing front four.

24.  New Eng (Seat) - 9-7 -  * Brandon Siler       LB          6-1, 235           Florida
    Patriots aging backer unit could be the focus of one of their two #1 picks.

25. New York Jets - 10-6 -  * Greg Olsen       TE        6-5. 255    Miami 
  Jets passing game needs some impact and Olsen has a huge upside as a pro.

26. Philadelphia - 10-6 - * Charles Johnson     DE      6-2, 275        Georgia
   Eagles are looking to get bigger along their front four.

27. New Orleans - 10-6 - Daymeion Hughes       CB          6-2, 190        California
   Saints are problems on the corner and will look to address this area early in the draft.

28. New England - 12-4 - * Chris Houston      CB          5-10, 180       Arkansas
 Patriots are expected to address the secondary early with possibly both their #1 picks this April.

29. Baltimore - 13-3 - * Marshawn Lynch          RB       5-10, 220           California
  Ravens are looking for a playmaker out of the backfield. .

30. San Diego - 14-2 - Justin Blalock                 OG        6-4, 330           Texas
    Chargers continue to build their line to keep Tomlinson at the top of his game.

31. Chicago - 13-3 - Quinn Pit**CENSORED**              DT         6-2, 295           Ohio St
   Bears’ overrated defense has big problems on the interior with both injuries and off the field problems.

32. Indianapolis - 12-4 - Tank Tyler                       DT          6-2, 320           North Carolina St
      Colts need some interior defenders and Tyler is one of the best in this class.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #1 : February 09, 2007, 08:04:42 PM »

If that situation were to happen I think that's exactly what we should do.

« #2 : February 09, 2007, 08:06:18 PM »

Okay, wow.  Definitely not sure about any of that.  While I know he isn't going to go too high, outside of a disappointing combine, I doubt Okoye drops THAT far.

SCBUCFAN

Pro Bowler

« #3 : February 09, 2007, 08:13:34 PM »

If that situation were to happen I think that's exactly what we should do.

I agree if you are siting at pick four and Thomas and Johnson are off the board you should go with Russell if there is no option of trading down.

jsunm73

Pro Bowler

« #4 : February 09, 2007, 08:20:20 PM »

i am not sold on russell.yes we need help at the qb position but a guy with more potential than skills.i just don't see drafting him.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #5 : February 09, 2007, 09:20:48 PM »

It would not suprise me but I doubt it happens.

dm4bucs

Starter
« #6 : February 09, 2007, 09:45:28 PM »

I wouldn't want to see that happen, but i think quinn would fit our system better...

spartan

Hall of Famer
« #7 : February 09, 2007, 09:46:18 PM »

I don't think this is the way that the Bucs want to go, even if the top 3 picks are as shown. But we may have to. If we cannot get any kind of competition for the QB position in FA we may have to look at Quinn or Russell dependent on who is left at this spot. If we do bring in a QB I don't see this happening at all.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
« #8 : February 09, 2007, 10:10:05 PM »

Why wouldn't they take Okoye high if those other guys are off the board.

BucLord

Starter

« #9 : February 09, 2007, 10:50:05 PM »

I heard Clayton today on the radio and that the Packers and Raiders trade is picking up steam and are working a deal to send Moss to the Packers and the Raiders 1st pick in rd 2 for the Packers #16th pick.

Giving Oakland the #1 and #16th pick with the Packers geting Moss and also getting the 1st pick in rd 2 and their own in rd 2. Raiders will take Russell and perhaps taking Marshawn Lynch at 16. Although I think Calvin Johnson is a great player, I'd much prefer Brady Quinn. I just dont see Oakland taking a WR, especially with Curry, Gabriel and Porter. Calvin Johnson will be there at our pick, I only hope that Quinn is as well and we go for the QB.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #10 : February 10, 2007, 10:33:26 AM »

Why wouldn't they take Okoye high if those other guys are off the board.

Because other than folks on this MB no one seems to think Okoye is really THAT good.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #11 : February 10, 2007, 10:45:14 AM »

Yeah the Vikes take Branch, genius right there by this site...

Baghead #2

Larry Brackins

Starter
« #12 : February 10, 2007, 11:12:43 AM »

- 4. Tampa Bay - 4-12  - * JaMarcus Russell    QB    6-6, 255    LSU
    Bucs are hoping for big play receiver or left tackle here. Russell would be fine addition.

I don't mind the pick, but the reasoning is off.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #13 : February 10, 2007, 11:19:27 AM »

I think QB is the way to go if JT or CJ is off the board.  Allen needs to think of the long term health of the franchise over the job security of Gruden.  Otherwise both HC and GM need to be shown the door if next season goes sour.

T

Hall of Famer

« #14 : February 10, 2007, 11:25:13 AM »

Worst Mock Draft ever, Russell doesn't fit Gruden's system at all and hasn't shown the work ethic to deal with Gruden.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: draftinsiders.com is a joke apparently « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools