Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: draftinsiders.com is a joke apparently « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #15 : February 10, 2007, 11:28:20 AM »

Workouts and interviews will determine that.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

« #16 : February 10, 2007, 03:10:50 PM »

Why wouldn't they take Okoye high if those other guys are off the board.

Because other than folks on this MB no one seems to think Okoye is really THAT good.
Neither are any of the QB's. Or is it just because the name of their position that they should be drafted that high?

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

« #17 : February 10, 2007, 03:13:03 PM »

Glenn Reeves, of MediaNews, reports the Oakland Raidersmet with former College of San Mateo coach Tom Martinez Friday, Feb. 9, to discuss the team's quarterbacks coach position and LSU QB JaMarcus Russell, a projected top pick in the 2007 NFL Draft. Martinez was recently hired to work with Russell.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #18 : February 10, 2007, 03:34:24 PM »

Russell doesn't fit Gruden's system at all and hasn't shown the work ethic to deal with Gruden.

Just curious: what do you base that on?

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
« #19 : February 10, 2007, 03:49:41 PM »

I heard Clayton today on the radio and that the Packers and Raiders trade is picking up steam and are working a deal to send Moss to the Packers and the Raiders 1st pick in rd 2 for the Packers #16th pick.

Giving Oakland the #1 and #16th pick with the Packers geting Moss and also getting the 1st pick in rd 2 and their own in rd 2. Raiders will take Russell and perhaps taking Marshawn Lynch at 16. Although I think Calvin Johnson is a great player, I'd much prefer Brady Quinn. I just dont see Oakland taking a WR, especially with Curry, Gabriel and Porter. Calvin Johnson will be there at our pick, I only hope that Quinn is as well and we go for the QB.
I wonder if they would cut Jordan in that scenario? He'd be someone I'd like to brign in should he become available.

gone

Hall of Famer
« #20 : February 10, 2007, 06:27:29 PM »

- 4. Tampa Bay - 4-12  - * JaMarcus Russell    QB    6-6, 255    LSU
    Bucs are hoping for big play receiver or left tackle here. Russell would be fine addition.

I don't mind the pick, but the reasoning is off.

You mean where they say we need a reciever or LOT so that's why we'll pick a QB?
Makes sense to me :P

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #21 : February 10, 2007, 06:37:16 PM »

Russell doesn't fit Gruden's system at all and hasn't shown the work ethic to deal with Gruden.

Just curious: what do you base that on?

Yeah I am curious as well because everythign I have seen and heard says Russell is an extremely coachable player and has a great deal of character.

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

« #22 : February 11, 2007, 04:30:14 AM »

Drafting a QB would be a waste of a pick unless Gruden is being shown the door.

He doesn't have the patience to develop a rookie (or the time from management) and QBs fall out of favor with him so quickly that he's liable to cut any kid he drafts before minicamp.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

« #23 : February 11, 2007, 10:18:18 AM »

Russell would be a steal, but he would not be a draft pick that Gruden would be able to make.

« #24 : February 11, 2007, 10:20:22 AM »

Drafting a QB would be a waste of a pick unless Gruden is being shown the door.

He doesn't have the patience to develop a rookie (or the time from management) and QBs fall out of favor with him so quickly that he's liable to cut any kid he drafts before minicamp.
Oh really?
He didn't cut Bruce.
He didn't cut Marques.

Care to name a QB drafted that he's cut before TC is over?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #25 : February 11, 2007, 10:30:27 AM »

Glenn Reeves, of MediaNews, reports the Oakland Raidersmet with former College of San Mateo coach Tom Martinez Friday, Feb. 9, to discuss the team's quarterbacks coach position and LSU QB JaMarcus Russell, a projected top pick in the 2007 NFL Draft. Martinez was recently hired to work with Russell.

You realize that Martinez gave a positive review of Russell right? Not sure what you are trying prove.  ???

« #26 : February 11, 2007, 10:33:19 AM »

You realize that Martinez gave a positive review of Russell right? Not sure what you are trying prove. ???
That if they hire Martinez, Russell is probably a lock.

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

« #27 : February 11, 2007, 07:48:38 PM »

Oh really?
He didn't cut Bruce.
He didn't cut Marques.

Jeeze...sarcasm a word you use?

Brad Johnson, Rob Johnson, Shaun King, and Brian Griese have all been in and out in Tampa since Gruden took over. Gradkowski got pulled for Rattay, who looks to not even be back with the team next year. The QB position has been a revolving door -- if it's going to continue to be a revolving door, why draft someone who will just fall out of favor with Gruden and get benched for some veteran in his first or second year?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #28 : February 11, 2007, 07:59:58 PM »

Oh really?
He didn't cut Bruce.
He didn't cut Marques.

Jeeze...sarcasm a word you use?

Brad Johnson, Rob Johnson, Shaun King, and Brian Griese have all been in and out in Tampa since Gruden took over. Gradkowski got pulled for Rattay, who looks to not even be back with the team next year. The QB position has been a revolving door -- if it's going to continue to be a revolving door, why draft someone who will just fall out of favor with Gruden and get benched for some veteran in his first or second year?

In Gruden's defense, those guys needed to be pulled.  I'm tired of the revolving door at the most important position too.  Time to draft the franchise.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #29 : February 11, 2007, 08:04:48 PM »

Why wouldn't they take Okoye high if those other guys are off the board.

Because other than folks on this MB no one seems to think Okoye is really THAT good.
Neither are any of the QB's. Or is it just because the name of their position that they should be drafted that high?

That's just it.  Other than folks on this MB, everyone seems to think Quinn and Russell are really that good.
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: draftinsiders.com is a joke apparently « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools