Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: draftinsiders.com is a joke apparently « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#30 : February 11, 2007, 08:11:15 PM

I do find it kind of funny that QB is our biggest problem and now that we have the draft pick to probably get one of the elite prospects nobody wants to go that route.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#31 : February 11, 2007, 08:19:24 PM

Oh really?
He didn't cut Bruce.
He didn't cut Marques.

Care to name a QB drafted that he's cut before TC is over?

Jeeze...sarcasm a word you use?

Brad Johnson, Rob Johnson, Shaun King, and Brian Griese have all been in and out in Tampa since Gruden took over. Gradkowski got pulled for Rattay, who looks to not even be back with the team next year. The QB position has been a revolving door -- if it's going to continue to be a revolving door, why draft someone who will just fall out of favor with Gruden and get benched for some veteran in his first or second year?
 You do understand why and how each of those qbs got here and why they aren't here anymore right?  Brad's arm gave out so multimill per year was hurting the team, Rob was an emergency qb, who played by creating emergencies - so he was cut, Shaun - well how to say it, he stopped participating in the offseason and moved on to folks who were more patient, and Brian Griese left for huge money the bucs did not have.

Shaun was a buc draft choice - the only one on your list.  Using a top 5 pick for a talented qb has not been done by the bucs.  Maybe it is time to try it?

And for the record, there is little to no evidence in Gruden's time in Tampa that would support "why draft someone who will just fall out of favor with Gruden and get benched for some veteran in his first or second year?".  So let's just leave whatever thoughts you have about Gruden on the side and consider the potential qb pick by the bucs, with full knowledge the bucs are telling everyone they are not interested and won't pick a qb with their first choice.  I think this could be a smoke screen.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#32 : February 11, 2007, 08:22:55 PM

TB will not draft Russell if hes on the board,we'd take Okoye or Laron Landry. They'd probably trade with Houston to give em a shot at AP,but then again Gary Kubiak is their head coach.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#33 : February 11, 2007, 08:44:57 PM

You might be right Fresh - but I believe that determination has not yet been made.  Recall Gruden's infatuation with McNabb and Culpepper - seems he likes the arm strength, pocket presence and ability to get yards with their feet even on a limited basis.  So you might be right but ...  it would be interesting to see what happens if either Russell or Quinn are available when the bucs pick. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#34 : February 12, 2007, 01:22:03 AM

Quinn is rated way too high IMO. The talent around him made him look good. Russell made his team better and is worth the first pick in the draft. Too bad for us because he will be. We have a lot of holes to fill. I hope we trade down a bit and pick up an extra round two.

SCLOBERNOCKER47

Practice Squad

#35 : February 12, 2007, 05:43:03 AM

Quinn is rated way too high IMO. The talent around him made him look good. Russell made his team better and is worth the first pick in the draft. Too bad for us because he will be. We have a lot of holes to fill. I hope we trade down a bit and pick up an extra round two.

What talent? Did you watch the same ND?

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#36 : February 12, 2007, 08:50:37 AM

TB will not draft Russell if hes on the board,we'd take Okoye or Laron Landry. They'd probably trade with Houston to give em a shot at AP,but then again Gary Kubiak is their head coach.

Remind me to never let you run my war room.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: draftinsiders.com is a joke apparently « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools