Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Help me run the BUcs « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Booker

Hall of Famer

« : February 09, 2007, 08:39:14 PM »

I'm in a mock offseason on another board and would like some opinions on who I should cut,draft,pick up in FA,franchise, extend....Just post here with some ideas plase.

psymun

Starter
« #1 : February 09, 2007, 08:45:10 PM »

Re-Sign:
Phillip Buchanon – Played very well, could end up being a full time starter in the near future
Sean Mahan – Struggled last year, but may still be able to be a solid center
Wesley Mallard – Excellent on special teams, maintains decent depth
Blue Adams* – See: Wesley Mallard. Did a good job in coverage, though a little tentative at times
Andrew Economos* – Give Dave Moore a little push
Kalvin Pearson* – He was a Special Teams ace. Made some nice hits, and was solid in spot duty
Jeb Terry* – Had a great training camp last year, but never seemed to be able to crack the starting lineup maybe this year?

* - Denotes RFA

Sign:
CB Asante Samuel – Former UCF standout jumps at the chance to return to Florida.
DE Charles Grant – Many rumors swirling about him possibly going to the Bucs
SS Michael Lewis – Feels disrespected in Philadelphia, likes Kiffin, and Kiffin likes him
LT Leonard Davis – Has said he wants to play for the Buccaneers, wants out of Arizona
FB Justin Griffith – Antoine Cash helps the Buccaneers court his good friend to Tampa

Trades:
QB David Carr – Trade Brian Kelly. It’s a Win-Win. Texans need a corner, Bucs need a QB.

2007 NFL Draft

Trade down with Minnesota (Pick up their 1st and 2nd, give them our 1st, that way they can grab CJ)

1(07). DT Amobi Okoye – Young, powerful, athletic, great character, a leader
2(36). DE Victor Abiamiri – Excellent size and speed, consistent performer, excellent motor
2(39). FS Brandon Merriweather  – Athletic, Aggressive, Ballhawk, can also play corner
2(63). OC Josh Beekman – Can play guard or center. Technically sound, played with Jeremy Trueblood
3(68). LB Jon Beason – Athletic, aggressive, deceptively strong, hard hitter, undersized
4(100). WR Paul Williams – Great speed, big hands, long arms, good leaper and route runner, underachiever
5(132). FB Le’Ron McClain – Excellent receiver, good blocker, decent short-yardage runner
7(196). RB Garret Wolfe – Speedy, shifty, productive RB with good hands. VASTLY undersized

« #2 : February 09, 2007, 08:50:45 PM »

Trades:
QB David Carr – Trade Brian Kelly. It’s a Win-Win. Texans need a corner, Bucs need a QB.

Interesting

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #3 : February 09, 2007, 08:52:22 PM »

Trades:

Interesting
Bucs don't need a CB?  BK is very under rated.  And very valuable...ask Monte,

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
« #4 : February 09, 2007, 08:54:53 PM »

I'm in a mock offseason on another board and would like some opinions on who I should cut,draft,pick up in FA,franchise, extend....Just post here with some ideas plase.
You're not fooling me, Bruce.  Get your own ideas. Thats why you get paid the big bucks.

Booker

Hall of Famer

« #5 : February 09, 2007, 08:55:33 PM »

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh........

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #6 : February 09, 2007, 08:58:52 PM »

You're not fooling me, Bruce. Get your own ideas. Thats why you get paid the big bucks.
LOL!!

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

« #7 : February 09, 2007, 11:05:49 PM »

Re-Sign:
Phillip Buchanon – Played very well, could end up being a full time starter in the near future
Sean Mahan – Struggled last year, but may still be able to be a solid center
Wesley Mallard – Excellent on special teams, maintains decent depth
Blue Adams* – See: Wesley Mallard. Did a good job in coverage, though a little tentative at times
Andrew Economos* – Give Dave Moore a little push
Kalvin Pearson* – He was a Special Teams ace. Made some nice hits, and was solid in spot duty
Jeb Terry* – Had a great training camp last year, but never seemed to be able to crack the starting lineup maybe this year?

* - Denotes RFA

Sign:
CB Asante Samuel – Former UCF standout jumps at the chance to return to Florida.
DE Charles Grant – Many rumors swirling about him possibly going to the Bucs
SS Michael Lewis – Feels disrespected in Philadelphia, likes Kiffin, and Kiffin likes him
LT Leonard Davis – Has said he wants to play for the Buccaneers, wants out of Arizona
FB Justin Griffith – Antoine Cash helps the Buccaneers court his good friend to Tampa

Trades:

2007 NFL Draft

Trade down with Minnesota (Pick up their 1st and 2nd, give them our 1st, that way they can grab CJ)

1(07). DT Amobi Okoye – Young, powerful, athletic, great character, a leader
2(36). DE Victor Abiamiri – Excellent size and speed, consistent performer, excellent motor
2(39). FS Brandon Merriweather – Athletic, Aggressive, Ballhawk, can also play corner
2(63). OC Josh Beekman – Can play guard or center. Technically sound, played with Jeremy Trueblood
3(68). LB Jon Beason – Athletic, aggressive, deceptively strong, hard hitter, undersized
4(100). WR Paul Williams – Great speed, big hands, long arms, good leaper and route runner, underachiever
5(132). FB Le’Ron McClain – Excellent receiver, good blocker, decent short-yardage runner
7(196). RB Garret Wolfe – Speedy, shifty, productive RB with good hands. VASTLY undersized

With the exception of trading BK, I love this offseason.  However, if Samuel comes to Tampa, then BK becomes easier to get rid of.  I am a huge fan of BK and always have been, so trading him for a QB that might get beat out by Simms is a hard decision to make.

psymun

Starter
« #8 : February 09, 2007, 11:10:04 PM »

There are 3 reason's I decided to trade BK in the scenario, he wants a big contract, he's getting old, and I'd rather have Barber, Samuel, and Buchanon as my 3 corners than Barber, Kelly, and Buchanon...

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #9 : February 09, 2007, 11:27:20 PM »

Ask Ronde...every Batman needs his Robin.  Ronde & BK---perfect together.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
« #10 : February 09, 2007, 11:31:47 PM »

Ask Ronde...every Batman needs his Robin. Ronde & BK---perfect together.

Karen:Β  "Hey Ronde!Β  Every Batman needs his Robin!Β  Right right?"Β 

Ronde:Β  "Yeah somebody around here is batty.  Security!"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #11 : February 10, 2007, 12:39:25 AM »

Trades:

Interesting
Bucs don't need a CB? BK is very under rated. And very valuable...ask Monte,
Agree KAren.  BK is undervalued, maybe not underrated, but undervalued...

Losing him, without a reliable Corner #2, is foolhardy, espescially for a beaten down QB like Carr, who is the equivalent of Simms...with less of an arm.  Keep BK.  Maybe trade for Carr with the 3rd or fourth...

vipmark

Starter
« #12 : February 10, 2007, 01:29:41 AM »

BK does have the Turf toe problem. I have yet to hear anything about his progress.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #13 : February 10, 2007, 02:09:15 AM »

Ronde said on his last show of the season that BK had surgery & was rehabbing well.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

« #14 : February 10, 2007, 02:21:25 AM »

if you dont mind me asking, what board? im involved in 2 Mock offseasons right now on different boards

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Help me run the BUcs « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools