Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hasselbeck using the Shotgun? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

#15 : October 20, 2006, 02:51:27 PM

Bill Parcells does not use Bledsoe in the shotgun.

Yes he does...here's a play from the Eagles/'Boys game:

(1:22) (Shotgun) D.Bledsoe sacked at DAL 27 for -6 yards (D.Howard).

See?  The shotgun works great!  ;)

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#16 : October 20, 2006, 02:53:44 PM

i think the impact, both positive and negative, of the shotgun is vastly overestimated.  we're not going to jump up 10 places in the offensive rankings or add 3 points to our per-game average by mixing in the shotgun, nor are we going to turn the ball over 4 more times.

it's like saying "we need go 5 wide more" - the net effect would be marginal, except some fans would get off gruden's back.  thankfully, gruden's more concerned about how to make winning as easy as possible for his players, and not adding wrinkles to pacify the fans. if he thinks the shotgun, at some point, makes it easier for his offense to do its job, he'll draw the plays up, make his players learn them, and call them on gameday.

we practiced the shotgun in recent weeks, but we've also practiced lining ronde up at WR....i doubt we'll see either anytime soon.

i think there's a misconception that gruden's "anti" shotgun; i think the truth is he doesn't see it helping his teams, so why lose focus on the things that can.

#17 : October 20, 2006, 03:02:17 PM

i think there's a misconception that gruden's "anti" shotgun; i think the truth is he doesn't see it helping his teams, so why lose focus on the things that can.

Right, I agree with most of what you say.  Also, Gruden is known to pull out anything that he sees as being helpful to him.  It surprises me that he doesn't think that the shotgun would be a useful way to give the D yet another look.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hasselbeck using the Shotgun? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools