Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: why Joe Horn?!?! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

calibucfan15

Starter

« : July 24, 2009, 02:38:19 PM »

Per Tampa tribune and espn.com the bucs are considering bringin in Joe Horn.

Of all the FA wr's out there why are we even considering the oldest of the bunch and who hasn't played in over a year and didn't contribute much the year before when he was playing. Dominik seems to be the hold up that's keeping him from coming in to visit. I just hope Dominik keeps doing just that. If he brings him in he'll be given hell from all the fans who still want Brooks back. Don't do it Dom!

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #1 : July 24, 2009, 02:39:07 PM »

Used to be a big fan of this guy but that was loooooong time ago. No more old guys PLZ!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

« #2 : July 24, 2009, 02:39:59 PM »

Dominick will not sign this guy.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

« #3 : July 24, 2009, 02:40:16 PM »

Link?
Pretty sure this news is like 5 months old.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #4 : July 24, 2009, 02:43:48 PM »

Link?
Pretty sure this news is like 5 months old.
Yeah, I thought this was old news man.

Imean, I would prefer Ike if we are going this route.

Booker

Hall of Famer

« #5 : July 24, 2009, 02:46:11 PM »

It is from ESPN? It is more than likely false

calibucfan15

Starter

« #6 : July 24, 2009, 02:50:47 PM »

I'm on my phone so I can't post the link but it is from espn and the Tampa tribune as well. Its all dated today also

Booker

Hall of Famer

« #7 : July 24, 2009, 02:54:39 PM »

where are you finding this? I just checked ESPN and there is nothing there.

Booker

Hall of Famer

« #8 : July 24, 2009, 02:56:53 PM »

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/story/horn-is-on-bucs-radar/

From the tribune.

So no idea what to believe.

calibucfan15

Starter

« #9 : July 24, 2009, 03:00:05 PM »

Espn NFL section then click on nfc south with Pat Yasinkas

doclobster

Practice Squad

« #10 : July 24, 2009, 03:12:20 PM »

How does anyone actually perpetuate these rumors? So Horn's agent told Roy freakin' cummings that the Bucs are interested, and now people consider it a possibility?

calibucfan15

Starter

« #11 : July 24, 2009, 03:20:36 PM »

Anythings possible. I bet before the offseason had somebody said Brooks was gonna be cut instead of retiring a buc you probably would have said the same thing

doclobster

Practice Squad

« #12 : July 24, 2009, 03:27:35 PM »

Anythings possible. I bet before the offseason had somebody said Brooks was gonna be cut instead of retiring a buc you probably would have said the same thing
Please don't assume what I would think. Aside from that having no relevance, I should clarify that I am not saying it is out of the question. I should have said that it is EXTREMELY unlikely, not only due to the fact that it is the agent talking, but it is Roy cummings reporting, and on top of that, Horn is older than even the other old guys who we have not picked up after rumors of our interest sprung up, AND on top of even that, he has not played in a year, and was not even that great when he was in his prime.

All I am saying is that this is such a long shot, that why anyone  would devote a second of attention to it is beyond me.

ilovebeer

Starter

« #13 : July 24, 2009, 03:56:19 PM »

I didn't click the other link, but this was on rotoworld.  Could be the same as the other link.

The Tampa Tribune confirms that the Bucs "have been talking internally for weeks now" about free agent Joe Horn.
Offensive coordinator Jeff Jagodzinski and receivers coach Richard Mann are said to be big fans of Horn. GM Mark Dominik, however, is the voice of reason holding up the deal.

-rotoworld

I would think that Marvin would have more in the tank then Joe Horn.  How old is Horn?  37? 

calibucfan15

Starter

« #14 : July 24, 2009, 03:58:27 PM »

Hey I mentioned all of that when I  initially wrote this thread. You're restating everything that I've said already. The purpose of this post was to spark debate.... It did just that

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: why Joe Horn?!?! « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools