Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yasinkas says QB job McCown's to lose and Jackson needs good TC to stay « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

: July 24, 2009, 04:14:48 PM

All per rotoworld, mostly what we've all been thinking.

The Bucs' starting quarterback job is "Luke McCown's to lose," according to ESPN.com's Pat Yasinskas.
Most reports indicate a two-horse race with McCown and Byron Leftwich. If this report is true, Leftwich will have to leave no doubt in preseason action that he's the better quarterback.

Last year's second-round WR/KR Dexter Jackson will need to have a "heck of a training camp" to even make the Bucs roster, according to ESPN.som's Pat Yasinskas.
Jackson failed to record a catch last season, and his calling card -- kick returning -- has fallen into the hands of Clifton Smith. Even if he manages to stay on the roster, he'd likely be inactive on game days.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1 : July 24, 2009, 04:20:29 PM

Wow.  So he is reporting tommorrow the sky is blue...

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#2 : July 24, 2009, 04:22:02 PM

Well look who woke up and smelled the Pewter Report under his nose...

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#3 : July 24, 2009, 04:24:56 PM

Wow.  So he is reporting tommorrow the sky is blue...

No I'm sure he'll manage to get that one wrong.

I don't agree that it's McCown's to lose though. Every offseason there are QB controversies, even though we all know which QB will most likely win. This year in Tampa I feel that there is a chance for any of the three QB's to potentially start because we really don't know what the head guys are thinking. Johnson isn't in the running obviously but I'm interested to see what they are going to do with him because I feel they might try him out elsewhere to utilize his abilities and not have to cut him

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#4 : July 24, 2009, 05:12:05 PM

If it's McClown's to lose I'm sure he will...he is 1-7 in his career so winning isn't something he is accustomed too.

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

#5 : July 24, 2009, 05:32:40 PM

If it's McClown's to lose I'm sure he will...he is 1-7 in his career so winning isn't something he is accustomed too.
Dude couldn't even hit a piece of wood. What the hell is gonna do when he is playing QB full time O_O.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#6 : July 24, 2009, 05:33:42 PM

Who are you talking about?

#7 : July 24, 2009, 05:36:32 PM

Who are you talking about?
Obviously Mcsuck

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#8 : July 24, 2009, 05:42:21 PM

67.6% completion with the Bucs.

Yeah, he can't hit anything.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#9 : July 24, 2009, 05:45:13 PM

McCown had 1 good game in his career. The others were decent at best against horrid secondaries too and overall bad defenses. Once he steps field against the Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, Redskins, and any other solid to good defense I may close my eyes when ever he has the ball.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#10 : July 24, 2009, 05:45:51 PM

I would mos def give Gruden some credit for that...but KUDOS to Luke for getting the job done, as far as hitting his targets goes.  He does have a sling for an arm.

duanet75

Pro Bowler
#11 : July 24, 2009, 05:48:25 PM

I say keep hyping up Luke then trade him before the season starts. Start the rookie. Might be able to get a decent player or pick for Luke.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#12 : July 24, 2009, 06:32:08 PM

i was just going to say. I was making sure he was talking about Mccown before I said any thing. If you want to dog Mccown on other things great, but accuracy isn't one. So he was just being an idiot to be an idiot

BucsnBoltsFan

Starter
#13 : July 24, 2009, 06:37:34 PM

If I'm not mistaken 3 of his loses came from playing with the Browns when was the last time they were winners? The Saints win was the biggest win of the season the other 4 loses came from him playing with out 2nd stringers the rest of the season. You can hate on McCown all you want but lets see what happens when our QBs fight it out during TC and the preseason. Honestly all the bashing I've heard over the past few months from PAC, LAC, WAC, MAC, DAC, and Java is just getting old and retarded just shut up already! Go Bucs! TC is a week away lets just enjoy that football has finally returned!

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#14 : July 24, 2009, 07:26:33 PM

A qb looks good in one game against the saints...at first i thought you were talking about grads, but then you stated mcclown.  McClown had a horrible game against the saints that day with the exception of a nice throw to JG.

Bring back GRUDEN!!!
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yasinkas says QB job McCown's to lose and Jackson needs good TC to stay « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools