Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yahoo Fantasy gurus? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

bigbuc345

Pro Bowler

: July 25, 2009, 01:00:58 AM

This is insane, apparentley they dont do their homework.

"My guess is that the extremely-confident Freeman winds up with more starts than the others (McCown, Leftwich) – whoever starts in TB is intriguing given presence of Bryant and Winslow."

If Freeman gets the most starts id be really surprised.

http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/nfl/news;_ylt=AovOyPLip1_Pg1GY6IOVXIwmANAF?slug=be-posprimer-qb

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : July 25, 2009, 01:16:23 AM

I think Freeman will start most games this year.   If you take any Buc QB in your fantasy league, your team will suck.  The Bucs are going to be running the ball 95% of the time. 

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : July 25, 2009, 01:21:38 AM

Freeman doesn't need to "blow away the competition" to start.   If he's even slightly worse than the others, he will start.  The competition needs to blow him away to keep him on the bench.   

bucs1

Practice Squad
#3 : July 25, 2009, 01:20:41 AM

That's not really out of the question. The Bucs would like him to wait and learn on the bench, but if for some reason he blows away the competition during training camp and the preseason, he would be deserving of the starting job. I just don't see that happening.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#4 : July 25, 2009, 01:26:04 AM

Freeman doesn't need to "blow away the competition" to start. If he's even slightly worse than the others, he will start. The competition needs to blow him away to keep him on the bench.

I don't know. I think that if it's a close tie between the QBs they would rather wait to start Freeman and go with McCown.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : July 25, 2009, 01:27:41 AM

I think they will go with either McCown or Leftwich opening day just to play it safe and try to win.   But after they lose the first 3, Freeman will see the field.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#6 : July 25, 2009, 01:28:40 AM

Freeman was drafted to be the franchise QB.  The Bucs even traded up to nab him, so the mentaility is all eggs in one basket.

McCown.  The only thing known about him is he is an enigma, and has rode pine for many years because of one reason or another.

Sandwich?  Does not fit the scheme, slow, Chris Simms Deluxe.  Easily replaceable, looked damned awful with the Falcons, and had a few serviceable games with Pitt.  Signed a owner friendly deal, so his market value is obviously low, or he thought he would easily come in and take the bull by the horns...which he has not.

Johnson?  I still have hopes that he will be a great backup, and possibly a starter.  He, like McCown, also is an unknown.

With Freeman, the guy was picked on the endorsement of our (his) new head coach, with the blessing of our brand new, shiny general manager.  He had better grab the reigns soon.  This is not Cleveland...where the Browns could have gone without Quinn.  Tampa needed a QB. 

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : July 25, 2009, 01:35:19 AM

Unfortunately, Dungy picked Safety David Gibson right before the Patriots took Tom Brady in the 2000 draft.    If the Bucs had taken Brady, this would be a non-issue.  Damn you Dungy!

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#8 : July 25, 2009, 05:31:38 AM

Unfortunately, Dungy picked Safety David Gibson right before the Patriots took Tom Brady in the 2000 draft.� � If the Bucs had taken Brady, this would be a non-issue.� Damn you Dungy!

Yeah!!! Damn you Dungy!   You'll never be half the coach Gruden was!    ::)   

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#9 : July 25, 2009, 05:35:11 AM

Yeah!!! Damn you Dungy!   You'll never be half the coach Gruden was!   

Finally we somewhat agree on something.

Dungy had Shaun King at the time and didn't think he needed Brady.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#10 : July 25, 2009, 08:50:39 AM

The Bucs are going to be running the ball 95% of the time.

O really?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler
#11 : July 25, 2009, 08:53:46 AM

O really?

Until were down by 17 in the 2nd Quarter.

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#12 : July 25, 2009, 08:55:48 AM

O really?

Until were down by 17 in the 2nd Quarter.

They'll still be running it even then.  ;)    The new standard call will be "Ward up the middle for a 1 yard gain in a cloud of dust".

Booker

Hall of Famer

#13 : July 25, 2009, 11:07:56 AM

Yeah Ward is a 1 ypc kind of guy.

3drdre

Starter

#14 : July 25, 2009, 01:24:46 PM

Our offensive line can protect Freeman (but we have a brutal schedule). If the schedule wasn't so tough, I'd say put Freeman in there. He will probably start the last 4-5 games of the season.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yahoo Fantasy gurus? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools