Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Worst Commentators in the NFL « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

TheOnly1Phenom

Rookie
#15 : July 27, 2009, 07:29:28 PM

How about Kenny Albert, he does the same thing Joe Buck does and that is trying to sound like your father.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#16 : July 27, 2009, 07:58:08 PM

Ron Pitts

A brown paper bag has more charisma than him

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#17 : July 28, 2009, 09:36:50 AM

Bryant Gumble was the worst play-by-play guy I ever heard.

I'd have to agree on Baldinger. He's awful. Siragusa is worthless as well and god forbid if you get Siragusa and Moose Johnson during a Cowboys game.

I don't think he's the worst but I think Joe Buck is overrated as a play-by-play guy.

I've always enjoyed the excitable play-by-play types, like the guy on CBS - I think his name is Gus Johnson or something? He turns every play into a life-and-death struggle. Buck is just too Pat Summerall-ish for me. (ie BORING). I still remember the depression in his voice when the Bucs beat the Eagles in the NFC Championship Game

Hit-55

Starter

#18 : July 28, 2009, 11:52:53 AM

Gumble was the worst, now will have to be Jaws. Too much vabering and never say anything. It's the same exact talk every game. Hopefully Gruden can shut that up for us.

Fire the cannons!!!

king_frog

Hall of Famer
#19 : July 28, 2009, 12:19:54 PM

Cornheiser was the all time worst...

Orangegone1

Starter

#20 : July 28, 2009, 04:31:21 PM

Brian Baldinger is the worst.

He's always received my vote as well.

Count me in also. The guy will not shut up.

clyton4prez

Second String

#21 : July 28, 2009, 04:42:58 PM

Cris Collinsworth is horrible, I turn the volume off when he is on. 

Jaws is pro eagle, which pisses me off. 

Gdubbz

Practice Squad

#22 : July 28, 2009, 06:44:36 PM

Collinsworth is horrid.

I hate announcers who you know hates us. Which is most.

ABN

Starter
#23 : July 28, 2009, 07:55:55 PM

MADDEN

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#24 : July 28, 2009, 08:41:56 PM

Theisman and Bryant Freaking Gumble.

Gumbel's been gone from NFL for a year but he's got my vote as worst play by play guy of all time.

I don't like Mike Patrick or Gus Johnson on the play by play side.

Baldinger as an analyst.

I don't get the negativity towards Jaws as I think he's one of the best.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

PewterG@tor

Starter
#25 : July 28, 2009, 09:33:33 PM

All-Time Chode List:
1. Troy Aikman-hate this guy because he always belittles Tampa while providing unbiased Cowboys analysis
2. Joe Buck-Artie Lange is my new favorite comedian
3. Kenny (You have to listen to me because your team is slotted to play in the coveted Fox #8 game) Albert
4. John (I'll do anything to be with Favre) Madden

BuccaneerJosh

Rookie

#26 : July 29, 2009, 05:22:49 AM

Hate Chris Collinsworth

MBF

Hall of Famer

#27 : July 29, 2009, 09:33:23 AM

Collinsworth is horrid.

I hate announcers who you know hates us. Which is most.
Collinsworth hated us on FOX but now he loves us. Remember how much he was talking up our O-line against Seattle, I'm pretty sure he even called us contenders.

HughC

Pro Bowler

#28 : July 29, 2009, 12:15:33 PM

I would say Brian Gumbel was the worst play-by-play guy and John Madden had become the worst analyst, but thankfully both are gone now.  Now I'd say Joe Buck is my least favorite play-by-play person; he's way too boring in an attempt to remain neutral and should just stick to baseball.  For analysts Baldinger talks way too much. 

Dishonorable mention has to go to mushmouth Shannon Sharpe and Marshall Faulk for his dumb comments, but I don't recall if they are still part of any game crews or just on the pre and post games shows.

Jaworski is not all that great great during the game, but there are others that are worse.  On the other hand he's one of the best if not the best in pre and post game shows.

For game commentators I'd say Tim Ryan and Tony Boselli are pretty good analysts.  For play-by-play I can't think of anybody in particular that stands out above the others, though maybe that's a good thing and the way it should be.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#29 : July 29, 2009, 12:33:36 PM

I'm surprised at the Joe Buck hate.

I think the guy is the most sports knowledgeable of the play-by-play guys.  He knows a lot more than Jim Nance, who is dull, IMO.  Al Michaels has been doing it forever, so he's pretty knowledgeable - but leaves a little to be desired on the comedy end.  Mike Tirico doesn't suck, but he's nothing special.  Of the Big 4 play-by-play guys, Joe Buck brings the best combo of knowledge and comedy, IMO.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Worst Commentators in the NFL « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools