Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Free Safety draft choices « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

« : February 10, 2007, 11:33:54 AM »

Which safeties would you rather have: Eric Weddle, Michael Griffin, or Brandon Meriweather in the 2nd round?  I personally thought Meriweather looked the best at the Senior Bowl but Griffin is probably the safest.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #1 : February 10, 2007, 11:35:17 AM »

Brandon Merriweather...

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

« #2 : February 10, 2007, 11:37:46 AM »

Do you think he will still be there at pick 64 or would we have to use 2A on him?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #3 : February 10, 2007, 11:40:56 AM »

DEpending on how much his stock has dropped from the "incident", and from his combine numbers...

The man is a good safety.  Comes from a good football school.

I would like him as a free safety for sure.  Pair him up with Lewis...

RascalBuc

Rookie

« #4 : February 10, 2007, 11:42:23 AM »

I like Merriweather.  He's a playmaker and has the versatility to play CB in a nickle situation (aka Ronde Barber)

« #5 : February 10, 2007, 12:29:18 PM »

Griffin in R2 would be excellent.

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

« #6 : February 10, 2007, 12:38:05 PM »

I would love to see Merriweather here.  However, I don't think he will last as I think someone will pick him in the middle of the round.  However, Griffin wouldn't be bad if he fell to us.

« #7 : February 10, 2007, 12:40:36 PM »

Brandon Merriweather is a grade A **CENSORED**, and if we're gonna draft character guys he won't be a Buccaneer.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #8 : February 10, 2007, 12:47:02 PM »

Merriweather is smallish for the way we like our safeties to get up at the line and mix it up.  Weddle is a bit bigger and might fit what we do a bit better thaneither Merriweather or Griffin.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

« #9 : February 10, 2007, 12:48:36 PM »

Ray Lewis is never going to win the Nobel Peace Prize but sure wished the Bucs had drafted him.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

« #10 : February 10, 2007, 12:51:52 PM »

Merriweather is smallish for the way we like our safeties to get up at the line and mix it up. Weddle is a bit bigger and might fit what we do a bit better thaneither Merriweather or Griffin.
[/quot
Merriweather is smallish for the way we like our safeties to get up at the line and mix it up. Weddle is a bit bigger and might fit what we do a bit better thaneither Merriweather or Griffin.

Griffin is built like a tank and Merriweather is known as a big time hitter.  Weddle looks skinney to me.  Somebody else on this board made the comment about his chicken legs so it's not just me.

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

« #11 : February 10, 2007, 12:52:59 PM »

Ray Lewis is never going to win the Nobel Peace Prize but sure wished the Bucs had drafted him.

AMEN!  Enough with this character stuff.  As long as he doesn't get suspended and miss game time, then he could do whatever he wants off the field.

« #12 : February 10, 2007, 12:55:16 PM »

AMEN!  Enough with this character stuff.  As long as he doesn't get suspended and miss game time, then he could do whatever he wants off the field.
Even if he didn't have the character issues, Griffin still >Merriweather IMO, although I'd be happy with either. Both are great cover safties.

redtab78

Pro Bowler
« #13 : February 10, 2007, 01:14:02 PM »

Brandon Merriweather...

+1 for what He said!!!

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #14 : February 10, 2007, 01:16:47 PM »

I like Weddle.  The guy is a pure football player and is all heart.  He gives 110% all the time, has great leadership, and is very football-smart.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Free Safety draft choices « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools