Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What compensation do we get if Simms goes elsewhere in FA? « previous next »
Page: 1

coopsxx

Starter
« : October 16, 2006, 03:47:00 PM »

I know we will get a supplemental draft pick? how is it decided?

wound he was drafted?
performance with his next team?
performance this season?

« #1 : October 16, 2006, 03:49:57 PM »

we don't get anything, he's a UFA not RFA

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #2 : October 16, 2006, 03:51:21 PM »

Depends on how much PT he gets and how much he starts

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #3 : October 16, 2006, 03:52:47 PM »

we don't get anything, he's a UFA not RFA

I think we can get a compensatory pick based on his starts with his next team.  Chris was only a 3d round pick and he is unlikely to be an instant starter next year, so the best we could hope for is a 6th or 7th round pick in the 2008 draft.

nitey

Hall of Famer
« #4 : October 16, 2006, 03:54:37 PM »

Actually we could come up with a compensatory pick even though he's UFA. The pick, if awarded, would be for the 2008 draft and would take in to consideration a number of factors such as: Our FA losses, our FA pickups, Simms contract and how well he played. The highest pick awarded I believe is a 3rd rounder. Last year we picked up a extra 6th and two 7th round picks for our FA losses after the 2004 season.

So the answer is...maybe.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #5 : October 16, 2006, 03:59:12 PM »

Beat me to it.

We might get something, but it will likely only be a 6th or 7th in 08.

I would rather sign him for competition/backup money. If we can get him reasonable we should. Hell, if we pay Rattay over a Million to be a backup/3rd stringer why don't we pay Simms a mil or 2? AT worst he is a very good backup to Grads (or even Mccown), and at best he finally lives up to be the guy most of us thought he could be coming in to this year.

« #6 : October 16, 2006, 04:09:05 PM »

ah my bad, I thought you meant something else...

UMiamiBucFan

Starter

« #7 : October 16, 2006, 04:40:30 PM »

It will be entirely based on how much he signs for and how well he plays. It could be as high as a 4th round pick. We likely won't see much in terms of compensatory picks this season as the only one we lost was D Jax. That might be a 6th or a 7th.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #8 : October 16, 2006, 05:35:09 PM »

It will be entirely based on how much he signs for and how well he plays. It could be as high as a 4th round pick. We likely won't see much in terms of compensatory picks this season as the only one we lost was D Jax. That might be a 6th or a 7th.

If he doesn't stay here I hope he gets a big contract and plays 16 games next season.   ;D

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What compensation do we get if Simms goes elsewhere in FA? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools