Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Redding to be tagged? « previous next »
Page: 1

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

: February 10, 2007, 01:01:51 PM

Lions | Team faces dilemma over Redding
Fri, 9 Feb 2007 19:13:42 -0800

Tom Kowalski, of MLive.com, reports the Detroit Lions will face a dilemma with DL Cory Redding this offseason. The team will need to decide whether to franchise or transition tag Redding as either a defensive end or a defensive tackle. Redding started the 2006 season at defensive end, but he was forced to move to defensive tackle after five games. The Lions will need to pay Redding $6.775 million as a franchise player and $5.554 million as a transition player if they tag him as a defensive tackle. The team will need to pay Redding $8.644 million as a franchise player and $7.701 million as a transition player if he is tagged as a defensive end. Redding's agent could fight to have Redding listed as a defensive end. He played all of the 2004 season and 2005 season at defensive end, and he started the 2006 season at the position.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#1 : February 10, 2007, 01:09:23 PM

If Redding gets tagged, that could mean that Shaun Rogers could be put on the trading block and I wouldn't mind trading for him at all.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 10, 2007, 04:35:38 PM

jeez i dont get this redding hype.  seems like a good versatile player, but the franchise tag?  especially when they already have a pro bowl DT in Rogers?  now i hear that redding's emergence is making rogers expendable? either Millen is that dumb or Rogers isn't as good as the hype claims. 

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#3 : February 10, 2007, 04:46:37 PM

It's the Lions. If they decide to waste their ta on Redding, then fine by them.

#4 : February 10, 2007, 04:49:14 PM

I don't get it either, he's not a top 5 IMO. I'd love to see him become a Buc. If Rod really wants to trade Rodgers, then that would be the only reason I can see for tagging him.     They must think they can tag him as a DT.  Can't see Detroit wanting to pay over $ 4-5 mil.

Anyone familiar with the rules on this one ? How does a position change affect the tag ? Do they go by where he played the majority of his snaps last year, or over his entire tenure ?

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Redding to be tagged? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools