Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A debate about racial equality (or a lack thereof) « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 17 18 19

Dolfan

Practice Squad

#270 : August 02, 2009, 07:27:19 PM

Sorry but that just makes him the first slave owner in the current US, recognized by a British Court.

Yeah.  That happens to be the one we were talking about.
Had we been discussing since discovery, we may have gone back to the Chinese or Vikings.
But, that just puts it all in a better context.
Seems pretty much all races have owned slaves... of all races...including white... in this country at one time or another.

I'll say it again. 

THERE'S some information you won't hear on BET.. or during black history month... or during CNN'S Black in America.. or..

I'm sure you see where I'm going with this.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#271 : August 02, 2009, 07:43:53 PM

Try this one, then:
http://mdroots.thinkport.org/library/anthonyjohnson.asp

If you have anywhere else that says he was the FIRST slave owner here, by all means, provide it ...

Signed,

Smart Guy

You know, you were closer than you think to providing your own answer.  The court case in the article you cited ESTABLISHED him as the first slave owner in the US.

"In 1654, John Casor, a black man, became the first legally recognized slave in the present United States. A court in Northampton County ruled against Casor, declaring him property for life, "owned" by the black colonist Anthony Johnson."

Here's an excerpt you may enjoy.  Link to follow.

In thus sustaining the claim of Anth. Johnson to the perpetual service of John Casor the court gave judicial sanction to the right of Negroes to own slaves of their own race. Indeed no earlier record, to our knowledge, has been found of judicial support given to slavery in Virginia except as a punishment for crime. Additional gleanings from the records show that this black slavemaster was a respected citizen of wealth and one of the very earliest Negro arrivals upon this continent, if, indeed, he was not one of the first.

Did you notice the part about "no earlier record found of judicial support of slavery"?
Guess what that makes him?
Yup.  The first legal slave owner.

http://www.dinsdoc.com/russell-1.htm

So much for the title of smart guy.
Had you spent some time reading the truth rather than perusing apologetic statements, you could have found that evidence on your own.
Or maybe not.

LOL ..... If you had made the statement that a black man was the first to be legally recognized as a slave owner in the US, you'd have me dead to rights (even though the US part was incorrect), but you made the grandstanding play that a Black man "was the first person in the US to own slaves". That is a lie ...

Two things have been established in this thread.

One. You're an idiot.

I think you'll find witnesses in here to testify that that was established long ago ...

Two.  Whitey is not solely responsible for slavery in the US and should stop stooping under the weight of guilt cast upon them by others.

Not sure why you and your unenlightened brethren keep solely harping on the slavery aspect of this. Slavery was abolished 100 years before Blacks gained equal rights. Do you just not acknowledge that century of prejudice and repression?

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#272 : August 02, 2009, 07:51:41 PM

being descended from Germanic tribes I guess I should hate Italinas then. Afterall the Roman Empire waged war with my people and conquered them. Imposed their govt. and religion on us, etc.

good point, will fall on deaf ears, but a good point none-the-less...

It will definitely fall on deaf ears considering this is a discussion about race and neither German nor Italian is one ... ::)
I was mearly pointing out that throughout the history of mankind there were groups of people killing, enslaving, conquering,tyranizing other groups of people.  The ancestors of all of us were probably victims of this fact of human nature at one time.  If your idea of a utopian society is one love/one people then forgiveness is the only way.

I agree with completely with all that ..... although, I'm not so sure "forgiveness" is the only way. The fading away of memories through time is another ...

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#273 : August 02, 2009, 07:53:41 PM

Galt's not stupid, ...

Now hold on... while I don't know JG personally he IS participating in this thread... which would indicate a certain shortage of either common sense or intelligence

guilty...

*hangs head in shame*

You can't use the same excuse reason you used when you got caught going back and forth with BADBOY on the College Football board?? ...... or does the start of training camp officially end the offseason?

bucsense

Practice Squad

#274 : August 02, 2009, 09:02:02 PM

Well, there you have it folks.....the above posters have the race relations issue solved...Next up...the recession, and how to fix it.

Dolfan

Practice Squad

#275 : August 02, 2009, 10:12:37 PM

One. You're an idiot.

I think you'll find witnesses in here to testify that that was established long ago ...

Kind of you to admit to and makes it easy to dismiss the rest of your rhetoric.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#276 : August 02, 2009, 10:53:34 PM

Well, there you have it folks.....the above posters have the race relations issue solved...

Not entirely, I still hate Icelanders. They think they are sooo special cause they eat salted cod and no one can spell their Capitol. Plus they have all those volcanoes, selfishly spitting out all kinds of green house gasses. Iceland produces more CO2 per capita than any nation on Earth and do they care, hell no, they don't do a damn thing to turn off them volcanoes and geothermal vents, just let them spew CO2 and point an accusing finger at us and all our cars.

I hate them cod eatin, hard to spell Capitol city havin bastiches.

Next up...the recession, and how to fix it.

Easy, put toilet water on it.

bucsense

Practice Squad

#277 : August 02, 2009, 11:02:25 PM

Hot dang! Now we have a solution for the recession folks....Methane gas. Hear that Obama......the answer has been here for years bro'.........Sad that I've wasted so much flatus in my life....

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#278 : August 02, 2009, 11:04:07 PM

Hot dang! Now we have a solution for the recession folks....Methane gas. Hear that Obama......the answer has been here for years bro'.........Sad that I've wasted so much flatus in my life....

you said bro'

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#279 : August 02, 2009, 11:08:46 PM

One. You're an idiot.

Kind of you to admit to and makes it easy to dismiss the rest of your rhetoric.

I implore you to dismiss the rest of my rhetoric ...

bucsense

Practice Squad

#280 : August 02, 2009, 11:28:24 PM

you said

you said bro'

Yeah, I know a Harvard gradute/turned POTUS might find that term offensive......Go on national t.v. to condemn such usage....Have Eric Holder confiscate my toys(guns).......label me a right-wing radical with plans to overthrow the gov't......take all my fishing rods and issue me a coke can with some line and a hook.......grant amnesty to the 20,000 or so illegals in our country......Pay cash for Hillary's next pant suit assortment........Entertain George Soros at taxpayer expense.................................

Nice work........bro'..............

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#281 : February 22, 2010, 01:30:28 PM

bump
Page: 1 ... 17 18 19
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A debate about racial equality (or a lack thereof) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools