Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A debate about racial equality (or a lack thereof) « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 19

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 02, 2009, 11:47:34 AM

Actually in the 80s the Supreme Court ruled Jewish as a race,  However wrong it may be.

You can choose to be Jewish or not be Jewish,It's a religion.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#31 : August 02, 2009, 11:51:56 AM

For the most part, even non-practicing Jews who are born into Jewish families still consider themselves "Jewish."

Being Jewish is a rare breed where it can be a race and/or a religion.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#32 : August 02, 2009, 03:05:21 AM

being descended from Germanic tribes I guess I should hate Italinas then. Afterall the Roman Empire waged war with my people and conquered them. Imposed their govt. and religion on us, etc.

good point, will fall on deaf ears, but a good point none-the-less...

It will definitely fall on deaf ears considering this is a discussion about race and neither German nor Italian is one ...  ::)

So using that logic, I guess you don't consider Jews to be a race either.   I guess they are the same as the Germans according to you.   That sure didn't stop Hitler from killing millions of them out of prejudicial hate.   

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#33 : August 02, 2009, 12:24:57 AM

being descended from Germanic tribes I guess I should hate Italinas then. Afterall the Roman Empire waged war with my people and conquered them. Imposed their govt. and religion on us, etc.

good point, will fall on deaf ears, but a good point none-the-less...

It will definitely fall on deaf ears considering this is a discussion about race and neither German nor Italian is one ...  ::)

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#34 : July 29, 2009, 09:53:10 AM

Nothing really to talk about regarding the Bucs right now... so I'm resorting to other topics to debate upon.

For hundreds of years, blacks have been struggling for racial equality. In my opinion, they've got it now. However, a lot of them aren't satisfied with equality. Now they want racial superiority.

I happen to be a mixture of races. I'm part English, part Italian and part Native American. That being said, I condemn racism, discrimination and repression... but it seems as though whites are now being racially repressed. We as a nation have been trying to overcome racial repression/discrimination/inequality. White people have done their part IMO (not all of us. Some whites are still racist hicks). Now that blacks have their equality, they are running with it. They want more and more. I'm not saying that ALL blacks are like this mind you.

Now a days, whites are barely permitted to recognize their own race. Blacks on the other hand say it loud and say it proud. Whites don't get a white history month, a white college fund or a white entertainment channel... and if anybody ever suggests that we get any of those things, they will without a doubt be labeled as a racist. Theres something seriously wrong here.

Additionally, it is socially acceptable for people to use racial slurs against whites. On the other hand, it is taboo for whites to use racial slurs against blacks. The words "honkey" and "cracka" are actually acceptable in society. Black people use those words rather frequently (even on TV and other forms of public communication)... but if a white person were to use a black racial slur, they are in DEEP doo-doo. Say any black racial slurs on TV and the entire show will be canceled, the person who says it will be sued or charged criminally and they will be known as a racist.... but a black person can call a white person a "honkey" and everybody laughs.

Blacks are also permitted to use "the N word" while whites are not. To me, this is crazy. If blacks don't like that word being use against them and being attached to their race... then they need to let it die. It really angers me that they think they have special privileges over whites. They think they have a right to use a certain word that whites don't... and whites have no equivalent of this "right". Whites have no word that they are allowed to use while blacks aren't. Its one sided. Society is now giving blacks special treatment rather than EQUAL treatment.

There was a heated debate about this on The View (which I don't watch. I just saw the story on CNN). Whoopi Goldberg and the other black hag were saying that they have the right to use "the N word" and whites DON'T. Elizabeth Hasselbeck and Barbara Walters were arguing that its a disgusting word and should not be said PERIOD. The other black woman (don't know her name and don't care) actually talked down to the white ladies. She said "you ain't gon TELL me I can't use that word". Barbara walters said "so if I use that word..." and the black woman cut her off and said "I don't wanna hear it come outcha mouth". Who do they think they are? They think they have special rights that whites don't have.

Some people might say that "the N word" has a deep history which goes back to the slave days... and that it has caused a lot of pain and hate over the years. Thats why it is treated as such taboo as opposed to words like "honkey" and "cracka". I say thats just a smoke screen. The truth is that its completely unacceptable to use racial slurs against the black race... and its actually ok to use racial slurs against whites. The reason why I say this is because there are several other racial slurs against blacks and you won't hear em said on TV, radio or in the newspaper either. You WILL, however, hear words like "honkey" and "cracka".

These are all signs that the white race is being more and more repressed by the law and society in this country.

Heres the youtube video of the racial debate on The View if you want to see it for yourself...

It is my opinion that blacks (not all of them) as a race no longer just want racial equality, they want SUPERIORITY... and they are getting it. I sympathize with the blacks and their plight for racial equality. I see them as equals. They are human being just like anybody else. My race is no better than any other. Since they know how it feels to be treated unequally, they shouldn't be trying to do it to whites.

I remember when I was a kid and in school. Sometimes a white kid would call a black kid "the N word" and not only would he likely get his azz kicked by several blacks... but he'd get in deep trouble by the school... but I'd also hear black kids using the words "honkey" and "cracka" ALL DAY LONG like its perfectly acceptable and nothing happened to them.

This post just goes to show you that what I'm saying is true. I have to refer to the black racial slur as "the N word"... because if I type out the full word, I'd probably get banned from the board. However, I can freely type the words "honkey" and "cracka" with no consequences.

bucsense

Practice Squad

#35 : July 29, 2009, 10:45:09 AM

It's not a bad thing to take the 'high road' as you and I continue to take.........Most educated/intellectual blacks condemn the use of the N word so frequently used by comedians and the 'rap' trash.........

If honkey and **CENSORED** are all they have......then I'm good.........

At some point though, I feel the 'rap trash' must be censored....It's out of control with the language........

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#36 : July 29, 2009, 11:11:30 AM

Do you know what the laws are for Hate-crimes?

I won't even fight a black man anymore. He would get out of jail way quicker then I would for the same fight anyway, and I'd have to pay for the damages done to his face.

Not all black people think like this here though. Some have pushed so hard to get where they are, just for it all to be overblown and just a way to line pockets of single individuals (J. Jackson,Al Sharpton,etc).

To the others... Remember where you came from. Remember your past relatives didn't have anything, and now you have the same treatment, if not better than the average joe. If the president of the U.S.A. is black, what rights can you really have above that?? Where is the cut-off point? There isn't one from where I stand. It's getting like those PETA-people, a good idea at first, but filled up with yahoos later-on, and doesn't have a "shut-off" valve involving anything but the betterment of their sole group. Imo, if a law is past in a courtroom, it should count for all men, not just one color, or even based around one group for that matter.

And I hate the word "community" now also. When that word gets thrown around, I really feel like I do understand the meaning. It means, "our people", not yours, or anyone else. Last I heard, there ARE white people that live in the "communities" but don't get any representation, same goes for latinos and cubans.

If some of you want to keep that type of hate and racial descrimination around, just keep using the "n" bomb and passing laws that only help black folks, not anyone else. It's the quickest and easiest way to maintain racism from a white/latino/etc perspective. If you ask me, they have absolutely nothing to compain about, compared to the jewish people or even the indians. So why is it then that Black people get such immunities? If I punch an Indian or jew, I doubt it would be a "hate" crime. If this keeps up, I'm not going to hate black people because the color of their skin (which I don't have a problem with), but more because they've been acting like the peta lunitics who want everything "their way" and don't care about the conditions of others. As of lately, it's been sheer lunacy.

If there IS racism still going on, I would have to believe it comes more from the black side, than the white. What laws, holidays,etc do white people have? none.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#37 : July 29, 2009, 11:38:08 AM

bucsense

Practice Squad

#38 : July 29, 2009, 12:28:15 PM

I thought I'd play one of my all time favorite blues tunes...........forgive me for throwing down some old school blues..........

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#39 : July 29, 2009, 12:59:05 PM

Any of you guys know where I can get a nice white hood?  I'll do my own three holes and got a torch already...thanks...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#40 : July 29, 2009, 01:08:45 PM

For hundreds of years, blacks have been struggling for racial equality. In my opinion, they've got it now. However, a lot of them aren't satisfied with equality. Now they want racial superiority.

How long have blacks supposedly been on an equal level with whites? ..... Forty years or so? You don't erase hundreds of years of suppression with the flick of a switch. It's going to take several generations of "equal" blacks to start most everyone buying into this equality thing. The problem right now is you've got blacks who lived through those bad times or have someone close who did. Until those pass, you're going to have those blacks that want revenge, for lack of a better word, for their treatment .... and although i don't agree with that sentiment, i fully understand it.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#41 : July 29, 2009, 01:09:45 PM

Any of you guys know where I can get a nice white hood?  I'll do my own three holes and got a torch already...thanks...

I've got a feeling there are at least a couple on here that could oblige ....

Booker

Hall of Famer

#42 : July 29, 2009, 01:17:34 PM

I've got a feeling there are at least a couple on here that could oblige ....

yeah, I have NO IDEA what this was supposed to be about but it is pretty obvious the thoughts of some in this thread.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#43 : July 29, 2009, 01:25:08 PM

This is a big reason why any honest discussion on race probably can't be had.  I didn't read anything racist in the OP's post, but that doesn't prevent jumping directly to the KKK comments.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#44 : July 29, 2009, 01:33:40 PM

Any of you guys know where I can get a nice white hood? I'll do my own three holes and got a torch already...thanks...

This is a big reason why any honest discussion on race probably can't be had. I didn't read anything racist in the OP's post, but that doesn't prevent jumping directly to the KKK comments.

Just because YOU didn't read anything racist, bad, unsavory, ignorant, stupid, distatsteful, or offensive still doesn't make it any more or less appropriate than my post...

People come here flex their internet muscles all the time.  I'm not phased one way or the other about how or what you think about my post. As a matter of fact I'm glad I know who you are. Back in the day my grandmother didn't know, all she could make out were the eyes and the nose hairs throw those tiny holes in the hood...You know at that point...They ALL look alike...LOL

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 19
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A debate about racial equality (or a lack thereof) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools