Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Booger leaves? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

: October 16, 2006, 03:47:11 PM

Do the Bucs roll with Wyms the rest of the year? 

Explain some scenarios...

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 16, 2006, 03:49:55 PM

I think that's what the Bucs were testing out yesterday.

Base D could be:
Spires   Wyms  Hovan  Rice
with White rotating in for both Spires and Wyms

Nickel D could be:
Spires  White  Wyms  Rice

or

White  Wyms  Spires  Rice

However, I imagine we might see a roster move that tweaks this a bit

gharen

Pro Bowler

#2 : October 16, 2006, 03:50:26 PM

Yes, I think Wymms gets the majority of the snaps and we bring Bryant up from the PS on certain run downs. Wymms strenght is supposed to be pass rushing and that's what we all say they need from the UT, so lets see what he can do over the last 11 games. Maybe he's the type of player that needs to be on the field a lot to make an impact.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 16, 2006, 03:52:43 PM

I think that's what the Bucs were testing out yesterday.

Base D could be:
Spires   Wyms  Hovan  Rice
with White rotating in for both Spires and Wyms

Nickel D could be:
Spires  White  Wyms  Rice

or

White  Wyms  Spires  Rice

However, I imagine we might see a roster move that tweaks this a bit

I love to see the bold scenario. It would enable White to get on the field more, something I think which we are in great need for. He seems to be our best playmaker at the moment on the D.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

Orangegone1

Starter

#4 : October 16, 2006, 03:56:40 PM

If Booger leaves it will be easier to get a tee time at the TPC.

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#5 : October 16, 2006, 03:57:20 PM

If Booger leaves---party at my house. BYOB

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 16, 2006, 04:09:16 PM

If McFat leaves I think there could be a much improved Dline. I like the idea of having a rotation across the line that would include all lineman.  This would keep them fresh and allow them to dominate in the fourth quarter rather then be flat.  The problem with this is I don't think Rice wants to be any part of a rotation.  That is why I would like to see him go and bring back AW.  The rotation would then look like this:

AW/Spires/White    Spires/White/Whyms/Hovan  AW/Spires/White  (not 3Dlineman but 2 DT's)

This Dline would be far more versitile and would keep the other teams Oline on their heals not knowing who they will be facing.  The Bucs could also bring Bryant up for situations while still allowing Jenkins to find his role and get ready for real playing time at this level.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 16, 2006, 04:20:25 PM

I agree with most on here. Get White on the turf as much as possible because he makes impact plays constantly. Wymms has outperformed Booger so why not? He's got that juice McFat has lost.

I used to be a big McFat supporter but now just can't make a case anymore. Not with his back-up playing balls out.....compared to him anyway.

gone

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 16, 2006, 04:33:16 PM

I agree with most on here. Get White on the turf as much as possible because he makes impact plays constantly. Wymms has outperformed Booger so why not? He's got that juice McFat has lost.

I used to be a big McFat supporter but now just can't make a case anymore. Not with his back-up playing balls out.....compared to him anyway.
Agree.  I also like the Spires/Wyms.Hovan/Rice scenario, with lots of time for White.  White may not be an "every down" player, but he's proven he has a knack for big plays.  Give him a nice chunk of time and it'll pay off.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 16, 2006, 04:57:19 PM

...and would Bryant be called up from PS, you think?  He has been practicing just like the rest of the team, so he should be in shape.  Should.  He could be rotated in and out, like Gharen said, on obvious run downs.  Or maybe even a few plays to give Wyms some air.

gone

Hall of Famer
#10 : October 16, 2006, 05:26:02 PM

...and would Bryant be called up from PS, you think?  He has been practicing just like the rest of the team, so he should be in shape.  Should.  He could be rotated in and out, like Gharen said, on obvious run downs.  Or maybe even a few plays to give Wyms some air.
Knock on Bryant is he takes alotta plays off.  I doubt we'd put him in there over getting reps for someone that can be a future full-timer, but if we mix and match with trades, maybe we could put him in a few times and he would produce, while we were training a guy who may actually start some day.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 16, 2006, 05:30:26 PM

Knock on Bryant is he takes alotta plays off. I doubt we'd put him in there over getting reps for someone that can be a future full-timer, but if we mix and match with trades, maybe we could put him in a few times and he would produce, while we were training a guy who may actually start some day.

Oh.

I thought for a second you were talking about Booger again...loL!

drywallbuc

Starter

#12 : October 16, 2006, 06:02:54 PM

is williams available still, if so why has know one picked him up yet. from what i saw in pre-season he looked like he could read the off. play that was coming up. again why has know one picked this guy up.

buy american
hire american
save america

boycott chinese goods

watson

Hall of Famer
#13 : October 16, 2006, 06:15:20 PM

You will also have to figure Jenkins into the mix at some point.  When Wymms first made the squad, they started giving him limited snaps as the year went on.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 16, 2006, 06:18:24 PM

drywall yes wWilliams is still out there, which I dont understand.  I would like to see him in here getting some reps and learning from Rice.  The guy really appeared to have the build to be a good DE.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Booger leaves? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools