Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Booger leaves? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

bucshot224

Second String

#15 : October 16, 2006, 07:41:38 PM

Here's what I would like to happen:
Trade Booger to the Colts for Mike Doss, or trade him to another team for a run-stopping DT and a pick. Then, trade Simeon to the Chiefs for Jared Allen and maybe a pick. To me, Allen is basically Dewayne White. Both can play the end as well as inside. By making this move, we would be able to move Spires inside to the UT, let Hovan go back to his natural position, and have the two building blocks to our D-Line. If we were to do this, our line would look like this:
Allen/Spires/Hovan/White
With the exception of Spires, our line is very young and promising. We may even be able to pick up another DT in the draft like a Brondon Mebane from Cal. The future looks bright.

Stand For Something or Fall For Anything

4bucs

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 17, 2006, 06:10:30 AM

we need to promote Bennett from the practice squad,trade Booger to the colts for a 3rd rd pick and pay half his salary then trade the pick to the Bills for Clements,and put Kelly on IR.We could also cut Jones and add Bryant to the big team too.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 17, 2006, 07:52:01 AM

we need to promote Bennett from the practice squad,trade Booger to the colts for a 3rd rd pick and pay half his salary then trade the pick to the Bills for Clements,and put Kelly on IR.We could also cut Jones and add Bryant to the big team too.

Dawg I know your hatred for Booger but promoting a guy, Bennett, whos no where as good as the other rookie who sucks is not the answer....

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

LynchPin

Rookie

#18 : October 17, 2006, 09:00:58 AM

If McFat leaves I think there could be a much improved Dline. I like the idea of having a rotation across the line that would include all lineman. This would keep them fresh and allow them to dominate in the fourth quarter rather then be flat. The problem with this is I don't think Rice wants to be any part of a rotation. That is why I would like to see him go and bring back AW.

The Bucs already rotate 3 DTs (McFarland, Hovan, Wymns) and 3 DEs (Rice, Spires, White) to keep them fresh.  It's not as if Rice (or any other defensive lineman) plays every snap.  The 3rd DE and DT are very important in the Bucs scheme.  If the Bucs were to trade McFarland or Rice, I wouldn't be that concerned with Wyms or White starting, but I would be concerned about whoever the Bucs would have to rotate in to spell the two starters.  I haven't seen Jenkins play much and the Bucs don't even have a 4th DT on the roster.

Everyone talks up Anthony Bryant because he's huge, but the fact is that being on the practice squad he's essentially a free agent.  Any team in the league could sign him to their active roster.  How good can the guy really be if all 32 teams are taking a pass on him right now?

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#19 : October 17, 2006, 12:04:28 PM

I say bring Bryant up because we need that one gap plugger. If you look at the tapes, Booger is getting turned every play and it's pathetic. We need someone who is going to control that middle. Try the guy...we're freaking 1-4!!!

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#20 : October 17, 2006, 12:07:18 PM

If Booger leaves?
We throw a massive keg party with strippers, gambling, shot of Sambuca and women jumping on trampolines!!!!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#21 : October 17, 2006, 12:07:55 PM

Any minute now, a trade should come to fruition.

Hopefully it involves Booger.  I would like to keep Jermaine, FWIW, because he provides depth at the position.  He just isn't a starting-quality guy, IMO.  As for Kelly, the Bucs need to make sure Strait is the answer, and Zemaitis is the answer, before they go and unload BK. 

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 17, 2006, 12:09:00 PM

Everyone talks up Anthony Bryant because he's huge, but the fact is that being on the practice squad he's essentially a free agent.  Any team in the league could sign him to their active roster.  How good can the guy really be if all 32 teams are taking a pass on him right now?

Other players have gone from the PS to performing at a high level in the league.

LynchPin

Rookie

#23 : October 17, 2006, 12:10:19 PM

I say bring Bryant up because we need that one gap plugger. If you look at the tapes, Booger is getting turned every play and it's pathetic. We need someone who is going to control that middle. Try the guy...we're freaking 1-4!!!

Half the teams in the NFL would like to upgrade their DTs.  I have nothing against signing Bryant to the active roster to get him some game experience, but if he was the answer stopping the run he wouldn't still be on the Bucs practice squad after 6 weeks.

LynchPin

Rookie

#24 : October 17, 2006, 12:12:51 PM

Other players have gone from the PS to performing at a high level in the league.

Some people have crossed the Atlantic in a bathtub too, but the odds are against it.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#25 : October 17, 2006, 12:14:24 PM

Says who? Who evaluates these players...Booger certainly looks like PS material to me. Again dude...we are 1-4!

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 18, 2006, 09:51:10 AM

I'd say we get a 2nd round pick from Indy and let Wymms starts the rest of the year.............damn I'm good!
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Booger leaves? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools