Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: is this a possibility « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 10, 2007, 03:50:23 PM

I also wouldn't mind trading Brian Kelly for Shaun Rogers. I mean, Rogers is one of the best DTs in the NFL.

you have to wonder why Marinelli doesn't want him then.  Marinelli, arguably the league's premiere d-line coach prior to becoming the Lions HC, doesn't want Rogers? hmm, something fishy there.  on paper, Rogers is Marinelli's best defender, why is Marinelli no longer interested?  makes me seriously question Rogers' character and work ethic if Marinelli doesn't want him on his team.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#16 : February 10, 2007, 03:51:31 PM

I'd be willing to deal Rice for him....but I'm not so sure I'd be trading Kelly this offseason.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#17 : February 10, 2007, 03:53:50 PM

I also wouldn't mind trading Brian Kelly for Shaun Rogers. I mean, Rogers is one of the best DTs in the NFL.

you have to wonder why Marinelli doesn't want him then. Marinelli, arguably the league's premiere d-line coach prior to becoming the Lions HC, doesn't want Rogers? hmm, something fishy there. on paper, Rogers is Marinelli's best defender, why is Marinelli no longer interested? makes me seriously question Rogers' character and work ethic if Marinelli doesn't want him on his team.

Yeah, I also wonder why Rod Marinelli wouldn't want Shaun Rogers.  I know that he was on IR most of this year, so maybe he isn't doing well on coming back from his injury and rehabbing.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#18 : February 10, 2007, 03:57:35 PM

I honestly believe he wouldn't screw the Bucs by giving them damaged goods. If they make the trade, it will be good for both sides.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#19 : February 10, 2007, 04:03:06 PM

I recall a game on Sunday Night (ESPN) maybe two years ago, Packers vs. Lions at Green Bay.  It was a garbage game, but the Lions needed another posession to try for a game winning drive.  The defense was doing its job on that series, and they stopped the Packers drive short of the first on third down...or so it seemed.  Shaun Rodgers came in on Samkon Gado after he was clearly out of bounds, and BLASTED him.  It was soooo  mystifying, and Rodgers was having a good game disrupting the middle.  The team, the coaches were all yelling at him, and it gave the Pack the first, ended the game.  It looked like Rodgers was blowing everyone off, and he could have cared less.  Like he wanted to be OFF the field...he has had moments like this, where lack of concentration, and maturity have bit him in the butt.  With that said, that may be why Rod doesn't want him anymore.  He may not be the type of guy that takes to being pushed hard...

But the man, when he is on point, is an athlete and a half.  I remembere watching him on some show, and he was shooting hoops, and he 360 dunked a basketball.  He can run, he is big, and agile.  I would love to see him come to the Bucs, for maybe a third round pick, or for...well...one of our guys...

#20 : February 10, 2007, 03:59:27 PM

I'd be willing to deal Rice for him....but I'm not so sure I'd be trading Kelly this offseason.

That's the way I would lean, some kind of a deal including Rice rather than Kelly. The draft is deeper at DE this year and Kelly would help keep the backfield solid while a day one rookie DE develops.

(edit: I would like to see some type of trade with Detroit that involved swapping # 1 picks)

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 10, 2007, 03:59:57 PM

but why would marinelli make the trade to begin with?  why would a former d-line coach trade away a pro bowl DT in his twenties? it would be one thing if it was mike williams or charles rogers, two busts who contribute nothing to the team and have poor character.  but rogers is arguably their best player!!

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 10, 2007, 04:38:14 PM

hey, if millen is that dumb and Rogers is that good, I'd jump on this trade.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#23 : February 10, 2007, 04:50:37 PM

how bout him for a 3rd

#24 : February 10, 2007, 04:58:12 PM

how bout him for a 3rd

Nobody even knows if he could pass a physical right now.....or even Rice or Kelly as far as that goes.

Does anyone have reliable info as to the extent of Rodgers injury ?

You'd never get a Pro Bowl DT for a 3rd unless something was terribly wrong.

vipmark

Starter
#25 : February 10, 2007, 05:01:25 PM

I heard Rogers stole an assistant coach's clothes and made him drive around naked.

T

Hall of Famer

#26 : February 10, 2007, 06:48:41 PM

I heard Rogers stole an assistant coach's clothes and made him drive around naked.
I heard the same thing from Ian Beckles.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#27 : February 10, 2007, 09:02:37 PM

What is with you guys wanting to trade BK?  He's extremely valuable & apparently unappreciated.  Every year he's on IR, we've tanked.  We need BK.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#28 : February 10, 2007, 11:47:24 PM

Karen, BK can utter one sentence and he'll be a lock to stick with the Bucs. All he has to say is "I'm OK with my current contract."  Thats it.  Six simple words.

bklynbucs11

Starter

#29 : February 11, 2007, 12:51:49 AM

I don't have any idea where this "Sahun Rogers" trade rumor got started but I find it so far-fetched its almost comical.

Do you guys realize Rogers is one of the best NT's in the NFL? He's got the size to play the nT in a 3-4. Do you have any idea how much teams would be willing to shell out for a quality 3-4 NT right now? THe 3-4 is growing in popularity a lot faster than Cover 2. And simply put, there aren't enough guys out there that have the size and quickness of Rogers. Taem like Cleveland, which has more cap room than we Do would shell colossal cash at Rogers.

When you take the Pewter glasses off, you will come to the realization that we're not going to get a 2-time Pro-bowl DT at age 26 in exchange for an aging pass rusher or a cover-2 corner coming off surgery. This proposal is the equivalent of saying that the Bucs would consider trading Caddy to the Jets in exchange for Curtis Martin (if he were still playing) because Caddy had an off=year.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: is this a possibility « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools